Dance - Original Dance - Tango | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dance - Original Dance - Tango

Rosaleen

Medalist
29 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI ITA
Both in black with hite trim /
Unusal start pos with her in side split behind his back / midline start with twiz in sync - nice matching steps but seemed a little simple to me / spin with change of pos to but something didn't look right inverted camel I think / rot lift with her verital with one leg hooked around his / diag seps contain a very nice stiicatto section /

Lev 2 on twiz lev 3 on spin lev 4 on rest
PB 56.94 TES 27.81 PCS 25.51 tot 53.32 gr tot 86.61 9th in od 9th overall

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
sheesh
everyone's getting level 4s...
they should consider creating a level 5 now...

I was thinking the same thing! :laugh: I think that's why the scores are so close. Everyone's maxed out the points! I really think the top teams are all so good that not much separates them and the scores indicate that.

Yay Team USA! Three teams in the top ten! Has that ever happened in the dance event? :clap: (Not to mention five North American teams in the top ten.)

Boy, the FD will be intense to say the least!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I'm also a tad surprised as well, particularly by the placement of the Russians. The FD is going to be absolutely killer with the top three teams so. incredibly. close.

Fantastic for V/M beating even the second Russians in the OD. I love their FD most of the entire field this year so I'm hoping they can skate it lights-out and maybe move up one more place.

I am not surprised Moir/Virtue moved up. Their strengths are their OD and FD. I would not be shocked if they move up another place either. I hope they do.

It looks like the Russians are not pre-ordained as some of us thought. It does not appear they made a major miscue of any kind but are kept clearly in 4th.

rain

Record Breaker
It looks like the Russians are not pre-ordained as some of us thought. It does not appear they made a major miscue of any kind but are kept clearly in 4th.

Precisely. If I would have picked any team prior to this event as having a lock on a podium spot of some colour, it would have been Dom/Shab with their meteoric rise this season. But it does not appear to be so.

Yes, thanks again, Rosaleen. See you soon for the men - get some REAL food (octopus, maybe? :laugh: ) and REST.

Is there any chance of Del-Schoe making the podium or are they too far back? Drat drat drat I do'nt understand this team's curse? Is it all punishment for LeGougne?

Last edited:

DaveT

On the Ice
Precisely. If I would have picked any team prior to this event as having a lock on a podium spot of some colour, it would have been Dom/Shab with their meteoric rise this season. But it does not appear to be so.

Could which judges' scores counted affect this?

gkelly2

Rinkside
I have to say i am very impressed from V/M... they are great technician... they will be world champions for sure sooner or later and most importantly well deserved...They have higher TES score then D/L and rightly so i think...
As for Dom/S i have never though they have chance for the gold, but i still think they ll take the bronze

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty

Definitely. I saw it the same way you described just now going in. They will really have to skate a great free dance and earn their medal.

Final Flight
have only basic cable (espn and esnp2)
i am hoping that they will include del/sch's 5th place OD....i have to see it....(other than youtube).....hope they appear in free too....(they never show CDs on espn....except on Olympics)

Jasper

Final Flight
I'm absolutely gutted for Del/Scho! Of course it's so typical the judges love their OD in Euros but mark it considerably lower at Worlds - of course it looks like they actually made a mistake here. But they were gonna be in 5th anyway, most likely. I'm also pleasantly surprised the Russians haven't ended up in 1st. It looks like a three-way battle for Gold? I'm pulling for the Canadians, I'd really love to see them win it with "At Last." And I don't want it to be the exact same podium as last year, so defy the odds and come on back, Frenchies! ;)

Also happy to see V/M and D/W move up. Their ODs are really SO good. It's just too bad that K/N who don't even dance to a tango all the way through can still be ahead of both teams after their OD. I like the #2 Russians but their music choice is so stupid and should be penalized for not fitting the theme.

jayta

Rinkside
28 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN
Both in black her with string skirt /
Light piano starts with violin coming for spin / her in ? changing to Y / beat picks up for midline excellent sync on the whole thing - nice spacing between them / a bit of fast dancing and then in to slow romantic music for lift with him in spread eagle and her changing pos ending up in swan dive look / picks up for diag steps in super-close hold and complex steps / rot lift with her forward at first changing to upside down /

Level 4 on all
PB 59.72 TES 31.58 PCS 25.53 Tot 57.11 gr tot i88.56 6th in od 7th overall

Okay if they did as well as Ros stated and they were level 4 on everything, this SHOULD have been a PB! Because they haven't gotten level 4 on everything yet this season....:scratch:

But :clap: :rock: for Virtue and Moir for rockin' it hard!:rock:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Help I don't have time to read this thread. have to get ready for work.. What are the overall standings for the top six after the OD? Thanks.

KateIgnatova

Rinkside
I'm not a fan of B/A but they deserved the highest tech score today. As for Rosaleen, she is also entitled to have her favourites, and to be a fan of a couple. But i think it is great that she sees the mistakes of D/L very often:rock:

I read that Belbin and Agosto are usually given the highest technical marks...Excuse me...but they are not the most technical skaters...:think:

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I find that all of B/A's programs this year are boring. They just don't seem to connect with each other. I have really liked them other years but this year's programs just don't do it for them. They still have allot of talent but need to connect more with one another and their music.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
1 Densta 2 DubLauz 3 Belgosto 4 DomShab 5 Delshoe 6 KhokhNov

Thank you Shine. Usually I would get the results at work but my office moved on Tuesday and no DSL unitl next week. ARGGGGG