Dance - Original Dance - Tango | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Dance - Original Dance - Tango

shine

Record Breaker
I find that all of B/A's programs this year are boring. They just don't seem to connect with each other. I have really liked them other years but this year's programs just don't do it for them. They still have allot of talent but need to connect more with one another and their music.

Funny that this is the year that I'm actually starting to like them :p

RDiva

Rinkside
I think the tango of Den/Sta was a cut above the others, a spell-binding choreography and just brilliant. And i am soo happy they were rewarded fairly unlike at the CD :rock: :rock: No matter what is going to happen tomorrow, they at least won the golden medals for the Tango:clap:
I thing the OD result are quite fair, except for Del/S, but it was expected with no french judge there

Thanks for the post, La Rhumba. (I see you are simultaneously on line on both forums right now, LOL.)

Tesla

Final Flight
Maybe the level 4s are correct. I don't know what makes a level 4, but it is Worlds and teams have had all season to work on their levels and maybe they were able to get the levels up.

jayta

Rinkside
Overall I've seen all of these pairs skate, not necessarily live, though I've seen a few of the top teams and I have to say I like how the dance competition is going. Not necessarily podium wise, though I think they've got it spot on for the most part. I'd have to say that Del/Scho had a good OD, but their twizzles were off and not very pretty at the end. I have always found that about their twizzles, it seems like so much effort for them.

Anyways, watching it without bias, I have to say that it's been an excellent competition. Everyone's brought their A game. Yes there might have been a couple of bobbles by some couples, but for the most part they have all, IMO, performed their hearts out, just like they should. No one's sitting back on their laurels! :clap

SolarisFyre

Rinkside
I'm really upset about the Kerrs :cry: I don't understand a lot of those placings but I must admit to getting constantly distracted whilst watching them so it may be something I missed.

jayta

Rinkside
well they aren't the strongest team. i watched them and sometimes they seem awkward. but the reason for the marks in the OD is because I'm sure she stepped out of a twizzle. I might have to watch it again....*pats lovely CountryCanada channel* since I recorded it.

I don't know...they just didn't feel 'tango-y' for this portion of the competition.

pista04

On the Ice
Ah

HOW AMAZING!! CONGRATS TO BEL/AGOS! How amazing.

I find that all of B/A's programs this year are boring

Really? I always love their programs, and their Amelie one is just soo fing (is language strict here? haha, one way to tell a guy fan from a girl is language) divine and fantastic.Amazing. I truly think Amelie has the power to beat Denk/Sta and Dub/Lau, and could potentially get them a championship! The American team really needs this, esp seeing as how they did in Pairs, and how amazingly strong the mens and ladies fields are. GOOD LUCK BEL/AGO!

SolarisFyre

Rinkside
well they aren't the strongest team. i watched them and sometimes they seem awkward. but the reason for the marks in the OD is because I'm sure she stepped out of a twizzle. I might have to watch it again....*pats lovely CountryCanada channel* since I recorded it.

I don't know...they just didn't feel 'tango-y' for this portion of the competition.

They weren't the strongest but having gone back and rewatched it, they weren't the weakest, and definitely not deserving of 11th place. John went slightly out of sync on a twizzle, but that in itself doesn't justify their placing. I felt the routine had a lot more 'snap' in it than it did in Europeans, and I felt it was more of a true tango than some of the other teams. Maybe it comes down to personal preference and I will admit that my technical knowledge of ice dance isn't fantastic, but I felt that should have at least remained withn the top ten. But life would we dull if we all thought the same :biggrin:

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker

Thanks so much once again for the review. I think one of the reasons for the great tech scores of Shpilband's teams is their strength on the twizzles, which the judges seem to put a huge premium on (overly so, at times I find). I had not heard Tanith had a stumble anywhere else....I'll have to wait and see for myself, I guess.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I do agree rain, his couples seem to be fearless in those twizzles, especially the younger couples who he's had since Juniors, they do them off pat so well. :yes:

Just before B&A turn in to start their mid-line step sequence at the end of the rink, not on an element, Tanith seems to run out of room and has to lift her arms to push out from the barrier. She recovered very well to perform the ss without problems. :)

baby_666

Spectator
Good LUCK,Albie and Max tomorrow.You are the best and noone can skate like you!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
bgflag.gif
bgflag.gif
bgflag.gif

rain

Record Breaker
I really hope CBC shows a lot of the ODs as it sounds like there were a number of good performances, and I'd rather see this than the men's LP, which sounds as if it was largely disappointing.

lutzskate

On the Ice
PLEASE EXPLAIN! After seeing the performances, can someone who is knowledgeable please explain to me why on earth Virtue and Moir only received 25 for their component scores???? They were AWESOME! I thought they outskated everyone!

Oh...and thanks a lot, CBC for not showing Weaver and Poje!

Last edited:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
PLEASE EXPLAIN! After seeing the performances, can someone who is knowledgeable please explain to me why on earth Virtue and Moir only received 25 for their component scores???? They were AWESOME! I thought they outskated everyone!

Oh...and thanks a lot, CBC for not showing Weaver and Poje!

Virtue/Moir are a new team and they're the #2 in Canada, so the judges are holding them back in the PC score. It's not fair but ice dance still does have a system of having to wait your turn, at least it's getting better.

CBC only showed the top 3 OD's:no: I wanted to see the french skate, and Weaver/Poje.