Dance - Original Dance - Tango | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Dance - Original Dance - Tango

rain

Record Breaker
Disappointed CBC didn't show more of the ODs. Looked like B/A didn't get any kind of deduction for her hitting the boards. In fact I thought their scores were a tad high for a performance that lacked chemistry and tango feel.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Virtue/Moir are a new team and they're the #2 in Canada, so the judges are holding them back in the PC score. It's not fair but ice dance still does have a system of having to wait your turn, at least it's getting better.

CBC only showed the top 3 OD's:no: I wanted to see the french skate, and Weaver/Poje.

Holding them back? I think they've been propped up quite a bit. I don't think that they are all that just yet.

enlight78

Medalist
I realy enjoyed the OD coverage on ESPN. Ice Dancing seems to become more entertaining every year. Is it me or is everyone doing the same pair spin.

Jasper

Final Flight
First of all, props to ESPN for showing so many OD's! I can download them on the computer anyway, but sometimes watching them on TV is nice too. I didn't expect V/M, let alone Kerr/Kerr and some other unexpected ones.

Secondly, how did B/A get such a high score with her noticable mistake running into the boards and overall lack of passion?? Are the judges back to padding their scores, ala 2005-2006?

And I honestly think that Virtue/Moir have the best OD and FD this season and should be World Champs. They do everything with such clarity, elegance, romance. They have superior speed around the ice than D/L, Del/Scho, and Dom/Shab, from what I can see. I think they're terrific, and I think the young Americans Davis/White are not far behind!

And I know that in ice dancing there is "waiting your turn" and being held back as youngsters, which is most noticable in PCS - but I agree that by actually watching all the programs, anyone can clearly see how much of a joke it is that Dom/Shab can get about 5 points higher in PCS than V/M and D/W! Oh well! Hopefully next year they will recieve a little more respect.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir are a new team and they're the #2 in Canada, so the judges are holding them back in the PC score. It's not fair but ice dance still does have a system of having to wait your turn, at least it's getting better.

if that's the case why is the #3 ranked US team above the 2nd... who have been on the Senior circuit longer? ;)

anything can happen with teh new system...

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
And I honestly think that Virtue/Moir have the best OD and FD this season and should be World Champs. They do everything with such clarity, elegance, romance. They have superior speed around the ice than D/L, Del/Scho, and Dom/Shab, from what I can see. I think they're terrific, and I think the young Americans Davis/White are not far behind!

ITA. Can anyone see where V/M are losing marks artistically?

wushuang122

Rinkside
How amazing, I think most of you are crazy, B/A don't have passion? I think the most beautiful Tango programme is B/A's this season, I think others are boring, especially for D/S(RUS), so slow.

oleada

Record Breaker
I can see where some might feel B/A lack passion - a lot of the times their expression can come across as very perky and a little fake. But I think for the most part, they did a good job with the tango.

DomShabs, though, had a fab tango! Tokyo wasn't their best competition and I don't think that judging them based on that competition alone is fair. In Oksana's situation, you could almost expect a sub-par performance, and she did very well considering (I read somewhere that she was only back on the ice a week or two before worlds). Their choreography was great, they really danced it and that straight line lift was to die for! (Especially at Euros :rock:) I would have had them ahead of D/L in the OD and third overall. But that's just me. I do agree that they could be faster sometimes.

all that

Final Flight

And I know that in ice dancing there is "waiting your turn" and being held back as youngsters, which is most noticable in PCS - but I agree that by actually watching all the programs, anyone can clearly see how much of a joke it is that Dom/Shab can get about 5 points higher in PCS than V/M and D/W! Oh well! Hopefully next year they will recieve a little more respect.

Did you see the championships live or on tv? On tv, it is very difficult to judge speed and ice coverage, both of which play a part in the PCS marks. People who have seen V/M live have said that they skate much slower and with less power than the top 5 teams -- which is understandable, considering that they are so much younger than those teams, and have not finished growing yet. Speed, power, and ice coverage will come, but they're not there yet.