Dream music choices 21/22 edition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dream music choices 21/22 edition

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Trusova: i'm no man :LOL:

i'm a Royal Ballet fan (but also Bolshoii and Mariinky fan) i actually followed Natalia Osipova there, i wasn't falimiliar with british style before. speaking of RB La Fille Mal Gardee for H/B could be nice (chicken dance!) or Beatrix Potter for novice or young junior skaters

LutzDance

On the Ice
I'm also a fan of the Mariinsky, Bolshoi, and Royal Ballet (and of Paris Opera Ballet, New York City Ballet...etc), as apparent from my spamming of GS threads with ballet-related posts :ROFLMAO::ghug:

Manon's death pas de deux could be a masterpiece with the right team (i'm thinking of Guignard/Fabri i. e.)
I'm gonna be the third vote on this excellent suggestion :rock:

La Dame Aux Camellias by John Neumeier (similar sort of genre, neoclassical narrative ballet) could work for ice dance too.
La Dame Aux Camellias is one of my favorite contemporary ballets, but the abundance of Chopin on ice (granted few in ice dance) made me a bit wary of making this recommendation. The dreamy White pas de deux and desperate Black pas de deux are also rich material for a free dance.

Music rights might be a bit tricky but maybe if they talk nicely to Joby Talbot and the Royal Opera House...
The Royal Ballet says never:devil: They are really the most obsessively protective of copy rights.

La Fille Mal Gardee for H/B could be nice (chicken dance!)
YES! I can also see them do the clog dance, with Kait being Lise and Jean-Luc being the respectable madame :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of Osipova :love2:, I think the short film In Her Hands with its storyline revolving around Rodin, Camille, and their sculptures also provides an interesting concept for a free dance.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
the clog dance could make a fun EX :LOL: i already can see Jean Luc as Lise's mom. speaking of Osipova also Medusa could be great for a lady

Jacey91

Rinkside
I love Ludovico Einaudi's music, it's so beautiful. I am a new figure skating fan and I hate to say it, but if I find the music boring I have a hard time following the program. Of course it's subjective what people like, but I don't understand why skaters choose the same music over and over again. I loved Gabrielle's and Guillames's Shape of You and Fame, and also their free dance in 2018. I hope more skaters would understand to be fresh so more people could fall in love with the sport.

farornaskonung

Rinkside
Thank you for these great recommendations! I can see Nathan do Waters of the Wild - it sounds like something that Shae would have fun choreographing. It also gives me Stone Roses vibe (in particular Waterfall). I'd be very happy if someone skates to them.
Glad you liked them! Fingers crossed that any one of them sees this, then :biggrin:
I agree with the similar vibe, I really like the song!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was just thinking...as a big fan of The Corrs, I'd love to hear some of their music in a skating program.

Has anyone skated to one of their songs before?

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I desperately want someone to skate to the OST from Candyman. This is one of Glass' most stunning works and so so underappreciated just because it's in a horror movie.

I've also got a whole bunch of modern musicals that'd make a fabulous music choice lol. Comet, The Band's Visit, most things LaChiusa, Amelie (OLC, not OBC), Bridges of Madison County, just to name a few.

Idiote

On the Ice
I desperately want someone to skate to the OST from Candyman. This is one of Glass' most stunning works and so so underappreciated just because it's in a horror movie.

I've also got a whole bunch of modern musicals that'd make a fabulous music choice lol. Comet, The Band's Visit, most things LaChiusa, Amelie (OLC, not OBC), Bridges of Madison County, just to name a few.
I loooove Candyman too ! I'm 100% with you on this one :D

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
When did To Build a Home, Rain in Your Black Eyes, and Experience become "almost-warhorses" ? Who performed it first? The music isn't old at all.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
When did To Build a Home, Rain in Your Black Eyes, and Experience become "almost-warhorses" ? Who performed it first? The music isn't old at all.
Around 2016/2017. The first two were notably used by Papadakis/Cizeron and although there might’ve been earlier programs I definitely remember Laurine Lecavelier’s Experience being the first time I heard the music.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure P/C started the craze for To build a home and Rain

I loooove Candyman too ! I'm 100% with you on this one :D
It's such a brilliant and clever movie (and an important one, from a racial-relations-in-cinema point of view). Though I don't want anyone to go too literal with this one 😂😂 🎃🎃

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My dream - Cain-Gribble/Leduc skate to Pirates of the Caribbean.

I literally dreamed this.:bed::cool::love2:

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’d love to see someone skate to 1812 overture. Step sequence to the cannons would be amazing.
Here you go. :)

ETA: @LittleLotte29 says this isn't right. I'll leave this up, because it's fabulous and gives me chills. Also, here's a non-competition version.

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ oops, I will bow to your better knowledge.

LutzDance

On the Ice

Ah I love all of these suggestions! Adding onto Candyman, I think another track ("Opening") from the Truman Show by Glass is also good skating material. And by word association (lol), I also want to suggest The Church of Glass from the movie Oscar and Lucinda, with gentle, shimmering percussion effects as well as a climaxing melody in the string and vocal section.

I wasn't a big fan of Amelie with OBC (even though I love Pippa), but after giving the OLC recording a cursory listening I found it much more preferable than the former. It All Fades Away from Bridges of Madison County could work for a guy with sweeping edges and lyricism, maybe Yan Han? I've also been wanting people to skate to the Band's Visit! Omar Sherif just screams free dance music. An instrumental version of The Proposal / The Night Was Alive from Titanic could also be very serviceable free dance material.