Dutch Figure Skating 2021-2022 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dutch Figure Skating 2021-2022

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Dutch representation at Finlandia Trophy (Oct 7-10)

I am pleased to note that their will be 5 Dutch skaters at Finlandia trophy.

In the Women's discipline Lindsay van Zundert will show her skills. Like at Lombardia there is a big field (29 skaters as of today).

In the Pairs discipline there are 2 Dutch couples registered, but a mistake has been made. Chelsea Verhaegh and Sherim van Geffen are an ID couple, not a Pair. I presume their names will be transferred to the ID discipline list. In that case there will be 17 pairs. Nika Osipova and Dmitry Epstein will represent the Netherlands.

There are currently 20 ID couples registered, but I expect that to become 21 once Chelsea and Sherim will be transferred to this list.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
In the Pairs discipline there are 2 Dutch couples registered, but a mistake has been made. Chelsea Verhaegh and Sherim van Geffen are an ID couple, not a Pair.
Chelsea and Sherim are already removed from the pairs list without being added to the ice-dance one.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
A small note: Dani Loonstra is currently in 12th place (after the SP) at Krasnojarsk JGP. Well done!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Dani Loonstra managed to maintain her 12th place at Krasnojarsk, although she was 13th in the FS. Funnily, she was not so satisfied by her FS, but her coach was (https://www.schaatsen.nl/nieuws/202...behoudt-twaalfde-plaats-op-junior-grand-prix/ ). As it happens there is one more event where a young Dutch woman can skate at the JGP: in Linz. Of the three Dutch women taking part, it was decided that the one that had the best results at their JGP, would get a second assignment. It turns out to be Dani, as she scored the highest in points (I believe all women ended around 12th place). Good luck to her!

Last edited: