Dutch Figure Skating 2023-2024 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Dutch Figure Skating 2023-2024

Orchidea

On the Ice
I really wouldn't know @MaHa75. I didn't know about Niki's comeback either. The official website only says Lindsay is still part of the National Team, but then it also says that Niki (Osipova) and Dmitry (Epstein) are and they have earlier on, on the same site, stated that they have split. So, any news is welcome!
ouch thats sad news if Niki and Dmitry has split.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
ouch thats sad news if Niki and Dmitry has split.
I think you missed a few chapters, they announced their split in November 2023 already:

Dmitry was on Icepartnersearch.com until recently, but his bio was taken down due to not being updated in more than 6 months. Unclear if he's found a partner, is using different means of finding a partner, or if he has stopped looking altogether.

XianYing

Rinkside
Looks like that Lindsay van Zundert will retire. So no Milan:

Profile photo of sonjevervuren
A beautiful journey of twelve years from early in the morning until late in the evening and continuing. I was so proud when she was allowed to go to the Olympic Games, we were a team. Strong together 💪 I was strict and full of discipline 🔥 Going abroad together and the internships at SKN Grandma drove to the center in The Hague for sushi 🍱 Healthy food Before going to bed, a nice bath 🛀 had a cup of tea and a game, grateful that I was allowed to make this beautiful trip ❤️ I hope Lindsay will also look back on this special years ⛸️👁️❤️
1 d.1 like
Always exciting When she got a new dress 🩷 And I walked around town and country for beautiful hair games ⛸️ especially when she was still such a little princess I remember when LINDSAY had such a beautiful crown I always found something that matched 🔥❤️

MaHa75

On the Ice
Looks like that Lindsay van Zundert will retire. So no Milan:

A beautiful journey of twelve years from early in the morning until late in the evening and continuing. I was so proud when she was allowed to go to the Olympic Games, we were a team. Strong together 💪 I was strict and full of discipline 🔥 Going abroad together and the internships at SKN Grandma drove to the center in The Hague for sushi 🍱 Healthy food Before going to bed, a nice bath 🛀 had a cup of tea and a game, grateful that I was allowed to make this beautiful trip ❤️ I hope Lindsay will also look back on this special years ⛸️👁️❤️
1 d.1 like
Always exciting When she got a new dress 🩷 And I walked around town and country for beautiful hair games ⛸️ especially when she was still such a little princess I remember when LINDSAY had such a beautiful crown I always found something that matched 🔥❤️
Its her sister right, who posted it? But no official announcement from Lindsay herself?

XianYing

Rinkside
Its her sister right, who posted it? But no official announcement from Lindsay herself?
It is Lindsay’s grandma. Lindsay didn’t make an official announcement yet, but by seeing her social she doesn’t do not much anymore in fs. Kinda sad.

But a fact is, during juniors and WC2021 I loved her, her lovely twist and pirouettes. But she said / did some stupid things. Some Chinese weren’t happy that she participated at OLY.

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
But a fact is, during juniors and WC2021 I loved her, her lovely twist and pirouettes. But she said / did some stupid things. Some Chinese weren’t happy that she participated at OLY.
what did she say, this is the first time im hearing ab this

XianYing

Rinkside
what did she say, this is the first time im hearing ab this

- She said in an interview (koplopers, https://yewtu.be/watch?v=SuoGGMIzuSM 11:20-12:00 before competition I need to get rid of my frustration, I am the during the day normal, in the evening she pack her suitcase and than it starts, than I explode for no reason, angry, sometimes really aggresive, throwing things or destoying things .. ' Well that's NOT normal if I translated it well. Why say things like this? This docu was before the OLY, some Chinese fans didn't want her at OLY due to this cause she could be a danger.
-She begged several times to carry the flag (sorry, but I understand that you want it, but you put people in a difficult situation (Joan said something similar on live television)) and if Lindsay was mature enough she knew that it wasn't the best thing to do. Being really chosen would be much nicer than the fact of asking it multiple times (on television , interviews, even asking personally to the chef of mission she said in an interview). We Chinese think this is an insult to the country and other athletes. She isn't a true flag bearer she begged for it. Facts. A Chinese athlete would never do this.
- She wanted to retire in the summer of 2022, but then got GP assignments and then she had a goal (it's nice that she got motivation again)
-Last season she had money problems (well that has always been the case because the Netherlands is not much into figure skating (the sport is very expensive )). After this Lindsay received a nice amount from her municipality (euro 10k) and from crowdfunding (euro 15k (almost 16k)), other sponsors idk. Which made my hope that she could fight for a spot in Milan, cause I prefer skaters that skate like seniors/ can act like a senior.
-In December 2023 she went from 12k (I thought it was 12.5) to 45k in one day with Instagram followers (big chance that she bought them cause she said multiple times before how many followers she has, it is in any case strange that she went from 4k to 10k during the games and in December was nothing special in terms of event and then suddenly you get so much in one day)? Btw Some Chinese (one of my friends for example is very focus on every misstep of people).
- She doesn't talk to Loena really anymore same as her coach (Carine coached before Loena). Loena and Carine haven't talk to each anymore since the moment that Loena switched coaches (Carine stated in an interview after Loena won gold at EC. About Nina P etc.

I still think that Lindsay should get a more professional team after March 2021, then she would learnt how to deal with media (it affected her at EC sp 2022) and what do NOT to say or do. She would probably not have developed depression related to the OLY. Yes she probably deals with a late post olympic depression. But she also lost her true self due to 'fame'. Kinda sad... I love her as a junior and during wc2021.

In one year she suddenly had the media asking things of her (she was 16), then the OLY (17), then the flag (NOC NSF should not have done that for protection, because she already had a lot going, especially being the first in so long, her age and having almost zero experience in the senior field). It wasn't nothing and we see the result now. Hope that she can cope with it, but how we see it nope. Especially seeing that she dyed her hair (brown) (looks like it is blond again) (In my culture we say that you can't change your appearance when feeling not yourself cause it will be a sign that something bad will happen to a loved one, well that happened... sadly..,.)

Now that it looks like thanks to her grandma that she will retire. We think she will probably make an announcement middle of season '24-'25, cause girl still needs money (gold digger family vibes). Some Chinese are a bit done with her, which is kinda sad... for Lindsay but also for the Dutch fs and for us.