European men kicking ball in France | Page 9 | Golden Skate

European men kicking ball in France

LRK

Record Breaker
Spain were far too nonchalant. When will teams ever learn that 1-0 is not a satisfactory lead? Even 1-1 didn't seem to bother them. Ah, well...

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Croatia scores 2-1 maybe own goal?
The ball was deflected, maybe the keeper would have been able to hold the ball if it wasn't. But it's still not an own goal as far as I know. Deflection is not enough.

We are going to see: Spain vs. Italy!

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Good point from the TV studio. Italy are probably not best pleased by this result either.

LRK

Record Breaker
Do they meet Spain?

If they win their group they do. SVT seems to take it for granted that they will.

But what if Italy loses, and Belgium win their match, is there no chance for Belgium to "win" the group?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
If they win their group they do. SVT seems to take it for granted that they will.

But what if Italy loses, and Belgium win their match, is there no chance for Belgium to "win" the group?
I guess it's possible, but very unlikely. Belgium also would have to score two more goals than Italy. I don't think that Italy would lose a match on purpose only to not have to play against Spain.

LRK

Record Breaker
I guess it's possible, but very unlikely. Belgium also would have to score two more goals than Italy. I don't think that Italy would lose a match on purpose only to not have to play against Spain.

No, I don't think they'd lose on purpose either. They might not be trying their hardest, though, since they are already clear to the next stage. And Belgium, on the other hand, might be going all out. Also, this has been quite an upredictable championship so far.

But, oh, well, apparently it's already decided...

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Belgium has some good chances. They have very weak opponents all the way into the final game.
Italy, Germany, France, Spain gonna be on each other throats to get into the final.

Personally impressed by Croatia. They giving it all.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Italy already won the group. Even with them losing and Belgium winning, a tiebreaker is a direct result from their match, and we all know Italy won with Belgium. I also noticed yesterday that they will play with Spain, and I'm sad for both teams. I think the schedule was done poorly. Also becuase in QF the winner will meet Germany (I'm guessing they will win 1/8). So two tough matches in a row only to get to semifinals. Very poorly done schedule.... I mean seriously, Italy and Spain are finalists from last Euro. They make really great effort to make it easier for France :scowl: I guess Poland is super lucky to play Switzerland.

The yesterday match between Croatia and Spain was just great! Maybe even the best so far in Euro. I was actually betting Croatia will win a group. But only beacuse I thought they would win with Czech Republic and then a tie with Spain. What I didn't predict was Italy on first place... I guess Belgium has more luck than they thought.

EDIT: And I wanted to congratulate Hungary on qualifying to knock out stage! Worst case, they qualify from third place, but I'm betting on tie tonight :popcorn:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
@cathlen - Thanks for explaining - I didn't know that goal differential was onlly the second criterion on a tiebreaker. Oh, well... I don't like it that Spain, Italy and Germany will be knocking each other out so early... Obviously, as a Spain supporter I want them to make it through, but I also like the other teams. Either way, I won't be a happy camper. I suppose the question only will be exactly how unhappy I will be...

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
1-0... to Iceland.

I hope they've learnt their lesson, though, and don't become too comfortable. Yes, I know, a draw is enough for them - but then, the same was true of Spain (in their case to win the group), and look what happened there....

LRK

Record Breaker
Another missed penalty... What is it with this championship and penalties anyway? That's not a good sign for the knock-out stages, if any match ends on penalties, and this trend continues... It could be quite the... debacle.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Spain, Germany, Italy, France and England now on the same side of the knock out bracket.
Belgium, Wales, Croatia, Norn Iron are most likely gonna be on another side of a tournament bracket. They can pull a surprise this Euro. By the time Gemany/France/England/Spain/Italy will reach the final they will be exhausted and could become an easy prey for ambitious small team. :)

Latest results between those teams in the last 2 Years.

Spain 0-1 Germany
France 2-0 Germany
Germany 2-3 England
Germany 4-1 Italy
France 1-0 Spain
Spain 2-0 England
Spain 1-1 Italy
Italy 1-1 England
England 2-0 France

England

Played 4
Won 2