Country
Russia
Mishin says, 'There're positive dynamics' :pray:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Zhenya's mom to MatchTV:

- The most important question is how Zhenya is feeling now, what do the doctors say?
- Thank you, Zhenya is feeling better. He had a control CT scan of the brain and spine. There are no hemorrhages or acute bone injuries. Treatment continues, the dynamics of the condition are positive. I hope everything will be fine.
- Did you and your son or any eyewitnesses sort out what exactly happened? A lot of people talk about the spotlight in his eyes and the small rink.
- There were already a lot of versions about what caused the terrible fall and serious injury. When Zhenya is allowed to communicate, I think he will tell us what happened and the reasons for it. Everyone puts their most important and significant values on the first place. For me the most important thing is the kid's health. And all the stories and discussions about the organization and the technical side of the show are out of time. What's important now is Zhenya's recovery.
- There was a huge wave of empathy and support for Zhenya after that night. The Internet is bursting with comments. Did you get a lot of calls and messages, too? How much did you expect such a warm public reaction?
- This question is very satisfying to answer. There is warmth, responsiveness and support which is very important to Zhenya right now. Every day since he entered the hospital, people have been bringing gifts, sweets, and fruit to the ward. It's touching to tears, such attention from people we don't know personally. We received many words of support from Alexei Nikolaevich and Tatiana Nikolaevna Mishins, Tatiana Nikolaevna Prokofieva, the Figure Skating Federation, coaches, choreographers and skaters from St. Petersburg and Moscow, the principal and teachers of School №606. On the first day, treatment and rehabilitation assistance was offered from Pavlov University where Zhenya studies. There were kind words and support from the dean, faculty, and friends from the university. A lot of calls, messages from loved ones and relatives with warm words and wishes for a speedy recovery. And, of course, the fans from all over the world - it's simply impossible to answer all the messages. We are all very grateful, such support is important and always helps, thank you!
- Where do parents draw their strength from to not just help their child cope with all the difficulties, but to allow him to stay in a dangerous sport no matter what?
- Any sport is dangerous, and Zhenya had injuries before, especially at age 14-15 and this season at the Grand Prix in Canada, but not
this terrible one. I still remember the video from the show with horror. Figure skating has always been Zhenya's decision, we try to support
him. But I must admit that when he was 14-15 years old, I was against it, but Zhenya insisted and continued, though it was not easy for him. Everyone has difficult periods, and Zhenya is going through a difficult period now, but I think he will cope with it.
- How has Zhenya changed as a person during this Olympic season? How much has he matured?
- The whole season wasn't easy, it really toughened Zhenya up. Now I listen to his advice.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
An update from Tatiana Mishina:
'We talked to Zhenya's doctor. He recommended to refrain from training for two more weeks and then gradually return to it. He is feeling good. Everything is fine. But in any case, we won't rush it, we will listen to the recommendations of doctors. Semenenko is definitely not going to the training camp in Armenia. He will be recovering here. Moreover, it is better for him to avoid flights for the time being. I'm staying here, not going to the training camp, so I will be with him. We will see how it goes. He will be back to off-ice training in two weeks, and then it will be clear when he can go on the ice.'

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Tatiana Mishina has given several comments to various media outlets today.

Zhenya is feeling good. As planned, he is going to return to off-ice training next week. Most likely he will go to the training camp in Kislovodsk at the end of May where they will work on his new free skate. They haven't chosen the music yet.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany

Zhenya is feeling good. As planned, he is going to return to off-ice training next week. Most likely he will go to the training camp in Kislovodsk at the end of May where they will work on his new free skate. They haven't chosen the music yet.
These are good news. It´s great that his training team give him so much time to recover. Hopefully he can come back strong next season.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

That's good news. Glad he is recovering.