Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 217 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

atsumiri

Record Breaker
This photo (and the other someone posted from twitter of evgenia side-eyeing Alina) are so funny. You can tell Evgenia is the senior skater and serious professional competitor, but I don’t think this is real antagonism but quite the opposite. Evgenia is the powerful competitor; Alina is more like the playful kitten in Disney world. Personality wise: Evgenia is the melancholic; Alina is the sanguine. Their personalities are different in how they approach competitions it seems. This is just a guess from what we have seen of them but I think Evgenia watches over Alina in a way. In terms of professionalism and maturity. Like she is the big sister and wants to perfect her little sister and help her grow up. Or sort of like an adult cat can watch over her kitten but sometimes get annoyed at its playfulness and swat it away. Still, it is shaping up to make a very exciting euro championship!!! Not too much longer!!!!
exactly
While girls were waiting for the practise to begin Evg and Alina were joking and stuff. The journalist writes “People who make the competition between them look like a war would be very disappointed.” https://twitter.com/morisnourd/status/953666464023764993

Elucidus

Match Penalty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7pHOL1iDCc Zhenya being interviewed at 1.48! No clue what she's saying but she looks great!

She said that the foot is fully recovered, she is healthy. She thanks all who was worried about her. She said that she knows that many people were very worried about her and (this is interesting bit) they even couldn't recognize her on ice (I think she admits that she was skating in this season much worse than she capable of).

Sveta

On the Ice
Hi everyone!

Thanks for sharing last news, articles, and vidoues about the first day of EC for our Tsarina :)

So happy that we will finally see her! it's been too long. I don't remember when I was so excited before competitions :)

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
(I think she admits that she was skating in this season much worse than she capable of).

Only perhaps in the terms of her usual consistency, which for anyone else, is consistency :laugh:

Otherwise her skating has improved, that stsq in Anna K is like butter, the flow is better than ever. Anyway, thank you everyone for all the pics an reports, I can probably get through tomorrow with less than half a kilo of chocolate now!

Ame

Final Flight
I guess she's just bitter about the falls :laugh:, since she's adamant about skating clean :laugh:

lastremnant

On the Ice
Hi everyone!

Thanks for sharing last news, articles, and vidoues about the first day of EC for our Tsarina :)

So happy that we will finally see her! it's been too long. I don't remember when I was so excited before competitions :)

"The Tsarina" would be a perfect moniker for her. Those certain youtube critics have their "Queen Yuna" but we have "THE TSARINA!" :)

DulceAbril

Rinkside
I registered some months ago but I'm kind of a ghost over here while reading almost everyday. but this time I do want to express my joy of seeing Evgenia back and hoping for the best (meaning her wining gold :)) I admire and love her skating and whole personality so much I just wish for everything good for her.

rumichi

Rinkside
Oh please, someone make it happen, that would be wonderful. That would probably ease the Yuna-Zhenya fanwars a little bit by proving that she is not on the ice to replace Yuna (as she won't take away her title), but to rock the figure skating world as Evgenia Medvedeva (hencewhy becoming Tsarina).

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
"Tsarina" does not sound good to me... This is a made-up Slavic word by the English-speaking people... The word, in Russian and in Bulgarian, is "tsaritsa"! "Tsaritsa"!
I am Bulgarian.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
"Tsarina" does not sound good to me... This is a made-up Slavic word by the English-speaking people... The word, in Russian and in Bulgarian, is "tsaritsa"! "Tsaritsa"!
I am Bulgarian.

Yes, but English speaking people do use that word, you cannot just remove it from our vocabulary as that is what it is. Many words go through changes compared to their originals, just look at what the Japanese use that used to be English, sometimes you cannot even recognize it.
It's all good, we all know what it means, knock on wood she gets there :biggrin:

kiamma

Rinkside
I noticed Zhenya is wearing an extra necklace in these new pics, it looks like a larger cross, maybe wooden? I wonder if it has special meaning to her (other than religious obviously)?

Ame

Final Flight
Maybe for extra good luck because of injury? xD, just guessing , or she's just following the multiple necklaces trend (yuzu) :laugh: