Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Is there a link to the interview where Medvedeva talks in English?

I believe her English was limited to saying "Sorry, I will talk in Russian" or something like that. :p

By the way, Medvedeva's reaction to her scores was so cute that it's making me want to root for her more and more.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I believe her English was limited to saying "Sorry, I will talk in Russian" or something like that. :p

:laugh: Sounds about right. While I was in Milwaukee for Skate America, not a word of English from her. I tried. :cool:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Her accent was much better than expected for a Russian though so she can't be that bad at it...

The little bit of English I've heard her speak on Periscope sounded fine to my ears. She must be self-conscious about speaking foreign languages.

Roman09

Final Flight
Congratulations Zhenia on the victory! Congratulations Europe on the new champion in female FS!

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Medvedeva's message: 'Love saves the world'
Newly crowned European champion may try quad by end of season

Icenetwork: Do you prefer to skate this program or the short program, which you skate to another soundtrack, Melodies of the White Nights?

Medvedeva: (thinks a little) Can you say if you prefer your daughter or your son? (She laughs, and all of us around the table laugh at the same time. Can you believe she just turned 16 last November?)

Icenetwork: What is your goal on that path? To win the Olympic gold medal?

Medvedeva: Yes.

Icenetwork: What do you think you need to work on to achieve that?

Medvedeva: That's a tricky question. I think I need to work more on the quality of my elements...I mean, the technical quality of my elements. I think they will be my strongest points.

Icenetwork: Have you ever thought of trying triple axel or quads?

Medvedeva: I think this season I will not try those jumps, but by the end of my season, I will maybe try the quad salchow. But I don't know about that. I have never tried it. I trust that my coach knows exactly what to do and what to work on and at what time.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does "by the end of my season" maybe mean her career? I wish her good fortune with that and a congratulations for her Euros title.

I think she said last year that she would want to do a quad Salchow if she were to do one :popcorn: