Favorite Japanese Skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite Japanese Skaters

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I :love: SO many of the Japanese skaters! Midori Ito (my favorite ladies' skater of all time), Yuka Sato, Satoko, Shizuka, Mao, Akiko, Miki, Fumie, ...

Takeshi Honda, Taka Kozuka, Daisuke, Yuzu, Shoma ...

Chris & Kathy Reed, Chris & Kana

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I :love: SO many of the Japanese skaters! Midori Ito (my favorite ladies' skater of all time), Yuka Sato, Satoko, Shizuka, Mao, Akiko, Miki ...

Takeshi Honda, Taka Kozuka, Daisuke, Yuzu, Shoma ...

Chris & Kathy Reed, Chris & Kana

Thanks iluvtodd, I was going to ask if I could add pairs and dance teams!
I love Kana & Chris. Kana is such a show pony and the couple have really gelled, taking Japanese ice dance to a new level.

And an honorable mention: Narumi and Mervin. I miss them so much. They did have SBS jump issues, but they were sassy and fun, and made the most of Narumi's flexibility in gorgeous lifts. Their Runaway Baby EX is forever etched in my memory. I know that Narumi has retired and Mervin is no longer skating with Marissa. If he is continuing with another partner, I wish him all the best.

As for the singles skaters, I love them all...:biggrin:

TTM

Rinkside
Country
Brazil
Favorite Japanese Skaters

MEN:

1. Shoma Uno
2. Daisuke Takahashi
3. Takahiko Kozuka

LADIES:

1. Mao Asada
2. Midori Ito
3. Kanako Murakami

yude

Record Breaker
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Mao Asada
3. Midori Ito

These skaters are whom I keep watching and being emotional. I like other skaters depending on their performances.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hard to rank them when there's so much talent, but here goes:

MEN:
1. Takahashi
2. Hanyu
3. Uno
4. Honda
5. Oda
6. Machida

LADIES:
1. Ito
2. Asada
3. Arakawa
4. Sato
5. Miyahara
6. Ando

livetoskate

On the Ice
Ladies: Mao Asada, Fumie Suguri back in the late 90s, Kaori Sakamoto

Men: Yuzuru Hanyu, Takahiko Kozuka, Takahito Mura, Nobunari Oda (they're my axel inspirations!). I like Oda's fun attitude and his cute blog. And Dice Murakami, because he's an elegant skater who seems like a nice guy, and I've enjoyed his YouTube channel.

Mervin & Narumi. Chris & Kana.

Btw, on May 9th in Japan, there will be a TV special about Akiko Suzuki and Takahito Mura. If anyone watches it, please fill us in. This is the website from Mura's Instagram:
mbs.jp/naikaku/

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Shoma Uno, Wakaba Higuchi and Marin Honda are my favorite Japanese skaters

gotoschool

Medalist
Mao Asada- sends shivers down my spine because of an elegance, athleticism and powerful depth of expression that is so sublime.

Midori Ito - charismatic with emotional resonance and powerful athleticism.

Mai Mihara- genuine expression and a smooth softness and subtlety that is soothing with a lot of feeling and plasticity in motion

Fumie Suguri- powerful and smooth skating skills and resonant expression

A little early since she is still in juniors but

Rika Kihara- charismatic with a wide range of expression and athletic power

randomfan

Record Breaker
In no particular order...

Currently Competing: Shoma Uno, Yuzuru Hanyu, Wakaba Higuchi, Satoko Miyahara, Kaori Sakamoto, Mako Yamashita, Rika Hongo, Mai Mihara, Yuna Shiraiwa, Rika Kihira

Retired: Nobunari Oda, Akiko Suzuki, Mao Asada, Kanako Murakami

Tyche

Rinkside
Yuzuru Hanyu - got me interested in figure skating again after years away - also like Shoma Uno, Wakaba Higuchi, Mai Mihara.

Izabela

On the Ice
Mao Asada and Daisuke Takahashi are the first skaters I've watched from their respective disciplines, so they will always have a special place in my heart. Others are flings. :p :laugh: