CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: urhmmm this might complicate the matter, as much as I love the BESP guys. I was counting on ISU streaming being released without geoblock in the Europian zone - now if Eurosport bought the rights this becomes unlikely. I would gladly purchase Eurosport Player had the situation been normal, but as the things are going right now I wouldn't know how much figure skating I will get to watch, and how many more events BESP will cover this season. My Kaspersky secure connection is expiring tomorrow, too and I am left deep in uncertainty still :palmf::palmf::palmf:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: urhmmm this might complicate the matter, as much as I love the BESP guys. I was counting on ISU streaming being released without geoblock in the Europian zone - now if Eurosport bought the rights this becomes unlikely. I would gladly purchase Eurosport Player had the situation been normal, but as the things are going right now I wouldn't know how much figure skating I will get to watch, and how many more events BESP will cover this season. My Kaspersky secure connection is expiring tomorrow, too and I am left deep in uncertainty still :palmf::palmf::palmf:
Opera browser is free and has a built-in VPN...

1111bm

Final Flight
Opera browser is free and has a built-in VPN...
Doesn't work for me for some reason, the youtube videos were never loading... 😑

ETA: BTW, do we know if the ISU youtube channel will even show the GP competitions (and others, if there are any...)?

Country
Norway
Oh, this is great news! Then I will probably purchase Eurosport Player and watch the replay of Skate America the morning after. This is much cheaper then last year with Viaplay Total!

Country
Norway
I asked on ISU account both Twitter & Facebook, but they are not responding :shrug:
I don´t think it´s likely when Eurosport have bought the rights. The only reason they have streamed events in YouTube is when there isn´t somebody broadcasting. But if there is a country that doesn´t broadcast then there might be a stream, but it will probably be geoblocked for all other countries.

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
I asked on ISU account both Twitter & Facebook, but they are not responding
I asked on the FB of Czech Eurosport if this is indeed confirmed (before subscribing) and also no answer at all.

Another thing is whether we can expect figure skating on Eurosport or Eurosport 2 with commentary (Chris Howard and co.) No signs in the regular TV schedule so far. And i think it is more unlikely not only because of current TV schedule ( also cause of additional budget on commentators, TV streaming, etc.)

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It would be nice if it were like in the old days, with commentary and all, as it looks now, it's just normal streams on the player, exactly like the Youtube streams of the ISU last season. I would also really like to know if the rights are sold now, so I can either buy a subscription or leave it.

s1alker

Rinkside
Eurosport player this year has started doing "uninterrupted stream" that contain commentary. At least for cycling, and this weekends alpine skiing when the linear channels were too busy. It don't look like it will be so for skating. IIRC the YouTube stream (which I watched with a VPN) had no commentary except for the GP Final. I rather enjoyed Simon Reed and Nicky Slater on Eurosport.

Last edited:

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

Hi MGStyle, I don't know if you're able to do this in your country, but Eurosport Player in the UK allows you to purchase one month's subscription at a time, which might be a good option for the few events likely to be happening in the figure skating calendar this year.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Hi MGStyle, I don't know if you're able to do this in your country, but Eurosport Player in the UK allows you to purchase one month's subscription at a time, which might be a good option for the few events likely to be happening in the figure skating calendar this year.
Oh! I must check into that, indeed that sounds like a wise option! thanks!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I asked on the FB of Czech Eurosport if this is indeed confirmed (before subscribing) and also no answer at all.

Another thing is whether we can expect figure skating on Eurosport or Eurosport 2 with commentary (Chris Howard and co.) No signs in the regular TV schedule so far. And i think it is more unlikely not only because of current TV schedule ( also cause of additional budget on commentators, TV streaming, etc.)
I guess we will know a day or two before SKAM. The tracks with commentary usually appeared the day before the competition, sometimes hours before, at least for me. I would never know until the last minute if they would also offer a second stream with commentary.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Mmmm. There's still no sign of them on the British version.

But, in the hope that it's just a simple oversight that will be rectified before Sunday, I'll adjust the times from your screenshot to BST and add them into my original post.

Thank you for the screenshot. :thank:

CaroLiza_fan
Maybe British Eurosport are having trouble figuring out the timezone difference. 😂
After all, those events are around the 3-2 am shift in Europe, but the US are a week later, like usual. Always complicates matters just that little bit!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
British Eurosport (All times BST)

Friday 23rd October 2020
PLAY 00:00 – 01:45 Ladies Short LIVE
Take note, this is incorrect. Ladies is Saturday 24th morning (night of Friday to Saturday), right before the other three events that also air in the European dead-of-night early Sat morning.
I only just noticed, but it's the same wrong information on the Dutch Player.
Sorry, no Friday morning figure skating. ;-)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Take note, this is incorrect. Ladies is Saturday 24th morning (night of Friday to Saturday), right before the other three events that also air in the European dead-of-night early Sat morning.
I only just noticed, but it's the same wrong information on the Dutch Player.
Sorry, no Friday morning figure skating. ;-)

Thank you. (I actually just realised that it was wrong myself, as I was making out the Predictions Thread. And when I put the time for the Ladies SP that was on the timetable that ice coverage found into the Time Converter, I too discovered that things didn't add up).

So, they've made a right hash of the listings! :palmf: Nothing strange there, then! :rolleye:

I think the last time that a stream was scheduled for the wrong day, it was only fixed when the stream actually came on air. So, lets hope that whoever is doing the nightshift at Eurosport on Friday night / Saturday morning is on the ball.

I'm not going to wait up to watch it LIVE. Sleep is more important. So, as long as they have the coverage available on demand afterwards, that's the main thing for me.

CaroLiza_fan

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
We'll see how far into the GP Eurosport will buy the rights and wether it will be broadcasted FTA or behind a subscription.

Individual negotiations with NBC for Skate America, then some France broadcaster, then 1TV for Russia or is it a all-in-one package sold by ISU?

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have just re-subscribed once I saw the whole of SA will be broadcasted on the player. I had stopped my subscription last season (and got the ISU live streams instead) but now FS is back on, I'm all for it.