Fitter recommendations in the Detroit area please | Golden Skate

Fitter recommendations in the Detroit area please

christy

On the Ice
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good fitter in the Detroit metro area. Don't want to travel as far as Chicago, but happy to drive an hour or two.

A number of years ago I tried Jones shop at Detroit Skate Club, and wasn't impressed at all, but obviously staff change so it could be an option, but would like to know if others have had good experiences.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good fitter in the Detroit metro area. Don't want to travel as far as Chicago, but happy to drive an hour or two.

A number of years ago I tried Jones shop at Detroit Skate Club, and wasn't impressed at all, but obviously staff change so it could be an option, but would like to know if others have had good experiences.
Jones was always good when I was based in Detroit. Now, the original guy that knew what he was doing retired, so that might be your issue a few years ago. I will send you a DM with a reputable fitter/sharpener in it. I don't want to blast the info in public.

christy

On the Ice
Jones was always good when I was based in Detroit. Now, the original guy that knew what he was doing retired, so that might be your issue a few years ago. I will send you a DM with a reputable fitter/sharpener in it. I don't want to blast the info in public.
Thank you for the info :)

theblade

On the Ice
Lori at DSC has several high-level skaters she works with that trust her with their fittings and sharpenings. Hope this helps!

robosk8er7

Spectator
I went to Jones for my most recent pair of skates this summer and I’d say they’re your best bet. I would strongly urge not to go to Podium, and I recently found out that the pro shop at Dearborn sold me skates more than a size too big. Fred’s Skate Sharpening isn’t owned by Fred anymore, but he trained his replacement, Richard, and he does a great job at sharpening and mounting blades.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I went to Jones for my most recent pair of skates this summer and I’d say they’re your best bet. I would strongly urge not to go to Podium, and I recently found out that the pro shop at Dearborn sold me skates more than a size too big. Fred’s Skate Sharpening isn’t owned by Fred anymore, but he trained his replacement, Richard, and he does a great job at sharpening and mounting blades.
Richard is also a former (?) ice dance coach.