cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Last edited:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
yep, I've asked the French Federation and they do not plan to live stream the event on the dailymotion :noshake: We'll get account from people going and hopefully some fancams as you said.

yuna13

On the Ice
i can't believe it no Stream! every year french tv is doing a reportage about ice skating master on "tout le sport".but they don't show the entire dance, it's interview and preview of the program.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Where is Laurine's SP ? I only see Maé's and a part of Léa Sarna's ? FFSG, you should be ashamed ! :ddevil:

Sorry, I thought first one was Laurine's program, but no... I agree it's a shame there is no video :mad:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm glad Gabi & Guillame are doing swing and not hip hop :hap10: And I really like the fact they went for fun SD :) The score has not updated yet, but I read they got 84 points.... :jaw: I'm waiting for verification though.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
yep 84 but it means nothing. the masters are not even a B comp. The live was horrendous but I think it's gonna be a great SD. The non touching step sequence looks amazing. Apparently, reports from posters attending are very positives. They say it was mesmerizing.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Maybe its the camera angle but I found it pretty bland as SDs go. V/M me thinks have the more impactful SD. As for fun and light? Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier have them beat in my book. I'll look out for a better video :shrug:

elif

Medalist
Papadakis/Cizeron's straight line steps looks very one-foot. If you consider every team skates this element now on two-foot , theirs looks hardest. Stationary lift begins low on ice, then high and change of pose/twisting. Coaching team used same idea for V/M too. I much prefer them flying across the ice on straight line lift but it kind of fit to transitions. Is there better recorded version?

Mattieu

Medalist
yep 84 but it means nothing. the masters are not even a B comp. The live was horrendous but I think it's gonna be a great SD. The non touching step sequence looks amazing. Apparently, reports from posters attending are very positives. They say it was mesmerizing.

oh yess!

CAS

On the Ice
Papadakis/Cizeron's straight line steps looks very one-foot. If you consider every team skates this element now on two-foot , theirs looks hardest. Stationary lift begins low on ice, then high and change of pose/twisting. Coaching team used same idea for V/M too. I much prefer them flying across the ice on straight line lift but it kind of fit to transitions. Is there better recorded version?

Really? Looked as much on two feet as the other SD's we have seen. Maybe you should have another look.

I will reserve judgment until I get a better view. There appears to be a lot of little details we aren't picking up well enough from the angle this feed was shot at (moments like where he grabs her leg). I think it has potential but needs a lot more mileage and training but one thing I am a bit disappointed with is the ratio of blues to swing. I expected a lot more swing from the recent articles and was excited for that but it was less than a minute tacked on at the end with really just the step sequence (a bit like the construction of Chock and Bates SD). I think if we look at other SD´s of top ranked teams I think Virtue & Moir, Gilles & Poirier have more cohesive programs in that I understand why they went from one part to the next and elements are more evenly distributed throughout the different rhythms.

jtl8787

Rinkside
I think Gabi really shines in the straight line StSq I really love the lindy hop for them

olayolay

On the Ice
That P/C program is like the most generic thing to ever generic. Expected more from them.

Although I guess it's more the choreographer's fault than theirs.

CAS

On the Ice
I don't know if it is the choreographer's fault or they wanted to limit the amount of time they spent on the faster lindy-hop section for some reason? I do like a lot of the SD's from their training camp and they all seem much more balanced so I think it was a deliberate choice to spend the majority of the program on the blues.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I don't know if it is the choreographer's fault or they wanted to limit the amount of time they spent on the faster lindy-hop section for some reason? I do like a lot of the SD's from their training camp and they all seem much more balanced so I think it was a deliberate choice to spend the majority of the program on the blues.

Maybe if other teams spend less time on the Blues is because that's the CD the most difficult part right? Isn't that the part where we're supposed to be able to tell the best from the rest?

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Maybe if other teams spend less time on the Blues is because that's the CD the most difficult part right? Isn't that the part where we're supposed to be able to tell the best from the rest?

Yep, and tbh none of the team came up with a satisfying blues sections for me. I've been really frustrated because all everyone seem to focus on is the 2nd rhythm. I get it, hip hop, rock and funk is fun ( my fav being G/P's disco) but the CD should be paramount otherwise what's the point. Anyway, I think we need a better video and they will rework like all the other teams.
However, the program is cohesive unlike most other SDs where the changes are a bit jarring and unrelated. Here, they could be dancing on those two songs back to back in a smoky club in the roaring twenties and they'd fit right in, totally believable.