French Masters de Patinage 2020 | Golden Skate

French Masters de Patinage 2020

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dates and competitors have been announced for the annual Masters de Patinage at Villard-de Lans, France, from 1 to 3 October 2020. The Masters is sometimes livestreamed at ffsg.tv, but I haven't seen any specifics about this year yet...

Junior Ladies:
AMAT Faustine
DE ROZARIO Marie-Lou
DUBECQ Eve
GHOZALI Lola
LOEZ Jeanne
MAYINDU Clémence
RIMET Zoé
SERET Alexandra
SCHILD Lorine
SPRUNG Sophie

Junior Men:
AHMED Axel
BARADEL Théo
BELLE Théo
BOUVART Tom
DEBOURCES Angel
FRECHON Yann
HAMMI Samy
PITOT François
SPINAR Corentin
VAUCLIN Ian

Junior Pairs:
None

Junior Dance:
DEMOUGEOT Loicia/LEMERCIER Théo
TERREAUX Lou/PERRON Noé
DUPAYAGE Mari/NABAIS Thomas
FRADJI Célina/FOURNEAUX Jean-Hans
BERNARD Eva/JOCHUM Tom
BORDET Louise/GIPOULOU Thomas
LACHASSAGNE Choé/DA CUNHA Anthony
GIRARD Margo/MONNIE Kévin

Junior Synchro:
Team Jeanne d’arc
Team Zazous
Team Chrysalides

Senior Ladies:
CAGNON Adriana
CROZET Alizée
FAULA Aurélie
FROETSCHER Julie
GLESSER Océane
LOPEZ Alicia
MAAROUF Sophia
MAZZARA Maïa
MEITE Maé-Bérénice
PIEGAD Océane
ROUXEL Coraline
SERNA Léa

Senior Men:
AYMOZ Kévin
ECONOMIDES Luc
LE MAY Landry
PONSART Romain
ROLS Joshua
ROLS Xan
SIAO HIM FA Adam
TESSON Adrien
VAUCLIN Xavier
WARREN Philip
Invités:
LEWTON BRAIN David (Monaco)
KERRY Brendan (Australia)

Senior Pairs:
HAMON Cléo / STREKALIN Denys
KERIVEN Coline / PIERRE Noël-Antoine
MENDOZA Camille / KOVALEV Pavel

Senior Dance:
PAPADAKIS Gabriella/CIZERON Guillaume
LAURIAULT Marie-Jade/LE GAC Romain
GALYAVIEVA Adelina/THAURON Louis
LOPAREVA Evgeniia/BRISSAUD Geoffrey
WAGRET Julia/SOUQUET Pierre
LAGOUGE Natacha/CAFFA Arnaud
BRATTI Emily/COUYRAS Mathieu

Senior Synchro:
Team Zoulous

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Update from FFSG: Skaters who train in Canada and the USA will not be attending the Masters because of the impact quarantine requirements in their training bases would have on their season. This means:

Meite
Papadakis/Cizeron
Lauriault/Le Gac
Wagret/Souquet
Bratti/Couryas

are now off the entry list. As Aymoz has been training in Vaujany for months, he isn't affected by this decision.

Meite, P/C and L/LG will return to France for the Grand Prix and Nationals.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The following senior skaters are no longer listed for the Masters de Patinage:

SIAO HIM FA Adam
MAZARRA Maïa
PIEGAD Océane

The following junior skaters are no longer listed:

BOUVART Tom
FRECHON Yann
SPINAR Corentin
LACHASSAGNE Choé/DA CUNHA Anthony

Presumably the event will be livestreamed at FFSG TV as usual. You may need a VPN to watch, though (Opera browser's built-in VPN works well for this).

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Junior Ladies first group: some nice little skaters, but good grief their coaches need a music intervention. And costuming too. First it was 'Creep', way too old for the skater, then Lea Michele's horrendous rendition of 'Papa Can You Hear Me', likewise too old for a skater stuck in a baby-doll frock several years too young for her, and then a booming baritone version of 'Sixteen Tons' paired with a frilly black tutu for a kid who looked barely into her teens...fortunately from there it got better. Eve Dubecq was probably the standout in terms of both skating (despite a fall on an attempted triple jump) and choice of music and costume, but Alexandra Seret was very nice too.

Junior Ladies second group. A nice performance from Clemence Mayindu - missed the combination and a bit slow across the ice but musical, and her wine-coloured frock is very elegant. Lola Ghozali attempting Patented French Quirk to a jazzy recording of 'I Love Paris in the Springtime' and not quite pulling it off, unfortunately lots of errors on jumps but she gave it her best shot. Sophie Sprung, competent on her elements but still mistaking swinging her arms about emphatically for engaging with the music. Lorine Schild with some nice touches of musicality but an odd, armour-like costume that doesn't match her music.

(Don't look at the scores. As always at the Masters, the placements are correct but the scores are...enthusiastic, to say the least, for the higher brackets of skaters.)

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I missed the first group of Junior Men. Sorry lads.

Second group: Tango music without much tango styling from Samy Hammi - some jump errors, very nice spins and overall skating skills. Axel Ahmed (if ever there was a case of nominative determinism, he should be it!) - still getting used to the length of his legs, I think. Trying a bit too too hard to be Very Masculine and misses the mark on engaging with the audience, but when he gets the balance right I think he'll be quite a powerful, engaging skater. Ian Vauclin - Sinatra, doing his best to be dapper, but a bit wobbly today. Francois Pitot - still quite juniorish, a couple of falls and a stumble, but there's something about his quality of movement that makes me pay attention to him. He might be one to watch out for in a few years' time.

And that's where I bow out for the night, because I have to work tomorrow. I'll pop back in when I take my mid-morning break tomorrow to update with results for all the categories.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm here for the men. :yahoo:

The count down clock is a little distracting.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just got caught up with Brendan and Kevin - I like both programs, but am bemused by Kevin's costume which seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with his music...

I think Brendan was going for a 4S but popped it to 3S, he had a really odd loose leg wrap on that jump that I've never seen from him before.

Hope to be able to find Galyavieva/Thauron on YouTube in a bit, as I'm not digging through that many hours of a livestream for them this early in the month. I need to save my gigabytes for Budapest Trophy!

ETA: Duh. The reason I can't find Galyavieva/Thauron is that they haven't had the senior RD yet! It's on at a good time tonight though.

Caught up with Hamon/Strekalin. Nice to see that Denys doesn't need to wear his wrist brace any more; worried about Cleo doubling the 3T again as at Nebelhorn (deliberate?).

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone know what's happening today? I can't find a livestream, and the livescoring page is dead, but Junior Synchro should be scored by now according to the timetable...

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
The competition is going on. The livescoring page is showing the results. But no live streaming on Youtube.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The competition is going on. The livescoring page is showing the results. But no live streaming on Youtube.
Yes, it looks like they might have started a bit later than planned but everything is going ahead now. Annoyed at the lack of livestream, I wanted to witness Galyavieva/Thauron getting actual (alleged) levels in the RD given how much trouble they had with them last season!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish there was a live stream now, I would definitely being watching.:dbana: