Record Breaker
Dance is up!

Poice is our top scorer with 70 points.

Mean is around 53; median is 50.

tulosai

Record Breaker
DANCE OVERALL HIGH SCORERS

Our prestigious top 10 are:

1. (TIE!)sequinsgalore and Blades of Passion with 395 points!
3. (TIE!) Gia_Sesshoumaru and Li'Kitsu with 390 points!
5. Poice with 385 points :)
6. Candy clouds with 380 points!
7. (TIE!) Mentalopes, HR4 and Snowflake with 370 points
10. (TIE!) guenever, jchamp, zamboni step, Wilhelmina, and museksk8r with 365 points!

Among people who guessed throughout the game, the mean was around 347. The median was 350.

Great job everyone!

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
DANCE OVERALL HIGH SCORERS

Our prestigious top 10 are:

1. (TIE!)sequinsgalore and Blades of Passion with 395 points!
3. (TIE!) Gia_Sesshoumaru and Li'Kitsu with 390 points!
5. Poice with 385 points :)
6. Candy clouds with 380 points!
7. (TIE!) Mentalopes, HR4 and Snowflake with 370 points
10. (TIE!) guenever, jchamp, zamboni step, Wilhelmina, and museksk8r with 365 points!

Among people who guessed throughout the game, the mean was around 347. The median was 350.

Great job everyone!

No kidding? Wow, I didn't expect to tie for 3rd! That's awesome! And I'm generally more a singles fan than a dance fan, too, but hey! I'll take what I can get!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So the scores for the ladies event at CoR are done. The average is 50,4; and with 60 points each the highest scorers are Wilhelmina, tulosai, Poice, Mrs.P, Blades of Passion and aero. Congrats everyone :thumbsup:

Since the 6 regular events are over, here's the top 10 ranking in the ladies event so far:

1.) Blades of Passion - 330
2.) zamboni step - 325
3.) elif - 320
4.) Macassar88, aero, Li'Kitsu - 315
7.) HR4 - 310
8.) Bea, Gia_Sesshoumaru, LRK - 305

LRK

Record Breaker
Wow - top 10! I'd never expected that... but I did have the sense that I was doing (relatively) better in ladies, for whatever reason.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a costly Cup of Russia I had in the Ladies category – I dropped from joint 10th to joint 26th!!!! :disapp:

One thing I can take from the Cup of Russia Ladies competition is that I did put the right 4 skaters in the top 4… it was just the order that I made a mess of!

And as for 5th place, I was right that it would be a Japanese girl. I just picked the wrong one! :p

It is just a real pity that Kanako Murakami had such a low score in the Short Programme, particularly in the Technical Elements. If she had managed to get 10 more points in the SP, she would have been well in the mix for the final podium spot. Especially when she did so well in the Free Skate. Alas, she didn’t!

But, well done to her compatriot Satoko Miyahara for getting the 5th position!

It was better in the Dance. I went up from 36th to joint 33rd!!! Which is not bad for somebody who traditionally didn’t follow Ice Dance until they got rid of the Compulsory Dance.

The only mistake I made in the Cup of Russia was that I put Gilles/Poirier in the Bronze Medal position, and they actually finished 6th. But, if you take them out of the equation, everybody else was in exactly the right order! ;)

Congratulations to Blades of Passion for winning both the Ladies and Dance Games!!! :clap:

Arrrgh!!!! I only noticed there now that I still had Joubert in my list for the Men!!! Oh well, that’s what happens when you do things in a hurry, and have other things on your mind! :slink:

PLEASE say that’s not going to count.

I don’t think it’ll make much difference anyway, as my predictions were well off what actually happened. Javier had another disappointing competition (by his standards anyway!) Misha Ge had a disaster. And I didn’t expect Kovtun to perform a repeat of his stunning form from the Cup of China! (I thought it was a flash in the pan. Oops!)

And in the Pairs, it didn’t go too badly. Got the top 2 right, got 5th and 8th the wrong way around, and the rest were only 1 spot out. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out in terms of points.

I had been looking forward to seeing the final points list, but I’m having second thoughts now! Thinks looked quite good before the Cup of Russia, but I think I’m going to fall down the order now!

Are we continuing the game into the GP Final? It would be fun if we did!

Hey, you could spice things up a bit and maybe have double points in the final.

What do the game organisers think?

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

While I originally was not planning to continue the game past the 6 regular events, I am definitely willing to score the GPF too if people are interested.

Wilhelmina

On the Ice
Pairs are up!

The average score for Rostelecom was 52.5. Our lone high scorer for this event was Macassar88 with 65 points. Macassar88 was one of the few people to correctly place Antipova/Maisuradze, giving them the edge. Tied for second with 60 points each were burntBREAD, coolboogie22, FSGMT, HR4, koatcue, merrywidow, museksk8r, Poice, waxel, and zamboni step! Special shout-out to CaroLiza_Fan for correctly placing B/L in second--the only person to do so.

RESULTS IN PAIRS after six events:

1. 370 points - zamboni step
2. 360 points - Blades of Passion
3. 345 points - tulosai
4. 340 points (tie) - Becki, coolboogie22, museksk8r
7. 335 points (tie) - Coriana, nipman, sequinsgalore

tulosai

Record Breaker
Pairs are up!

The average score for Rostelecom was 52.5. Our lone high scorer for this event was Macassar88 with 65 points. Macassar88 was one of the few people to correctly place Antipova/Maisuradze, giving them the edge. Tied for second with 60 points each were burntBREAD, coolboogie22, FSGMT, HR4, koatcue, merrywidow, museksk8r, Poice, waxel, and zamboni step! Special shout-out to CaroLiza_Fan for correctly placing B/L in second--the only person to do so.

RESULTS IN PAIRS after six events:

1. 370 points - zamboni step
2. 360 points - Blades of Passion
3. 345 points - tulosai
4. 340 points (tie) - Becki, coolboogie22, museksk8r
7. 335 points (tie) - Coriana, nipman, sequinsgalore

Woo hoo at least I did well in one event!!!!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

For the GPF I propose:

30 points for each correct prediction of the top 5 placements. 10 points for each prediction that is off by one place. 0 points for each prediction that is off by more than one place. HIGH STAKES!

zamboni step

Final Flight
I don't even pay "much" attention to Pairs too LOL

I've only been committed properly to watching pairs since the start of this season. Not sure how I managed it! :laugh:

I would love to do the GPF. if my calculations are correct I'm in joined second, call me competitive but podium steps are small enough when only one person is standing on them. It'd be nice to secure that spot for just myself (or fall to my doom). :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
While I originally was not planning to continue the game past the 6 regular events, I am definitely willing to score the GPF too if people are interested.

For the GPF I propose:

30 points for each correct prediction of the top 5 placements. 10 points for each prediction that is off by one place. 0 points for each prediction that is off by more than one place. HIGH STAKES!

I'm fine with making the GPF the final BATTLE ROYALE!!!

I say let's make it even more HIGH STAKES with 30 points for every correct prediction. Nothing else. Choose carefully. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker

I say let's make it even more HIGH STAKES with 30 points for every correct prediction. Nothing else. Choose carefully. :)

Haha, I think let's DO IT if that is ok for everyone else.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
What are you guys doing? :laugh: But hey, fine with me - no points for any predictions that aren't spot on. That's how I might finally manage to crack the 0 points for men! :rofl:

(Oh, and of course, scoring the GPF is fine with me ^^)

tulosai

Record Breaker
What are you guys doing? :laugh: But hey, fine with me - no points for any predictions that aren't spot on. That's how I might finally manage to crack the 0 points for men! :rofl:

(Oh, and of course, scoring the GPF is fine with me ^^)

:laugh: Oh I am definitely seeing 0 points for men in my future.

Becki

Medalist

I think I would still put Yuzuru Hanyu in #1 despite the skating gods telling me it's going to be Patrick Chan :p Oh well, you either go big or go home.

Btw, I think it's highly unlikely (near impossible) anyone will score 0 if you get points for being one placement off, and there's only 6 participants. lol.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
We failed so barely at Skate America, it's good we have another shot! :laugh:
The ladies might get pretty weird too, so you never know :biggrin:

Becki said:
Btw, I think it's highly unlikely (near impossible) anyone will score 0 if you get points for being one placement off, and there's only 6 participants. lol.

That's why you don't get points for being one place off anymore ;)