Host feds that want 2019 ISU Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Host feds that want 2019 ISU Championships

mrrice

Record Breaker
I've been a fan of events at altitude ever since Tim Dolensky threw up in the kiss and cry at the US Classic in 2012. Legend.

Speaking of Tim Dolensky. He's another skater who absolutely shocked me after watching his Free Program from Skate Canada. It's too bad he didn't skate better at Nationals because I think it will be more difficult for him next season if Joshua and Jason are healthy. I can imagine that Joshua will be very hungry after missing an entire year of competition. I can't say enough about how much I love his skating and I really missed him this season.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been a fan of events at altitude ever since Tim Dolensky threw up in the kiss and cry at the US Classic in 2012. Legend.

Haha!!! Fantastic reasoning. Agree with everything :yes:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Both Charlie White, an asthmatic, and Alex Shibutani, who was recovering from some kind of respiratory ailment, had trouble in the FD in 2011.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I have a question for someone who might know the answer. Is 4CC always after every country has completed their respective Nationals? I ask because it would seem to me that skaters would be in much better shape at 4CC as opposed to Skate America which is usually in early fall.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Since skaters train all over the place for different reasons, I would imagine that if CS is announced for a competition well in advance that coaches would ensure their skaters get an opportunity to train at a higher elevation to prepare.

I wouldn't count on it. When Skate America was held there regularly, the event used to be far more of a disaster than it is today. When the Grand Prix Final was held there, my mother said that Shen & Zhao were essentially the only team in the event who looked like they could breathe. Yagudin used to utterly implode.

KWIPROKWO

Rinkside
Is there any chance at all that Zagreb will win Worlds?

I would love it to be hosted in a different country for a change!

QuadThrow

Medalist
Is there any chance at all that Zagreb will win Worlds?

I would love it to be hosted in a different country for a change!

Worlds in a small Euopean country woulds be very nice.

But after Worlds 2016 in America and 2017, 2018 in Europe it is probably time for Asia again. Japan has a strong backround and the ISU must have some strong reasons to overrise Japans application.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Rooting for Minsk. I haven't visit my belarussian friends for a long time. :)