Ice Hockey | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ice Hockey

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
very upsetting result.... well, at least we have more chances for the gold in the men' competition. although OAR has a chance to finally catch a free gold medal while the best players in the world are busy in the nhl. but they have never had a character of the winners. reminds me of washington capitals lol

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
very upsetting result.... well, at least we have more chances for the gold in the men' competition. although OAR has a chance to finally catch a free gold medal while the best players in the world are busy in the nhl. but they have never had a character of the winners. reminds me of washington capitals lol

Wow...this is a disheartening post to read? Pavel Datsyuk is one of the classiest guys that ever played hockey and Ilya Kovalchuk was one of the NHL’s best players for many years. I’d love to see them get gold. Calling it a “free gold” and insulting all Russian players is an unnecessary and mean thing to do.

I’m actually glad the NHL isn’t playing this Winter Olympics. I like the field being wide open and it gives an international stage for new players to make a name for themselves on. .

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
Wow...this is a disheartening post to read? Pavel Datsyuk is one of the classiest guys that ever played hockey and Ilya Kovalchuk was one of the NHL’s best players for many years. I’d love to see them get gold. Calling it a “free gold” and insulting all Russian players is an unnecessary and mean thing to do.

I’m actually glad the NHL isn’t playing this Winter Olympics. I like the field being wide open and it gives an international stage for new players to make a name for themselves on. .

but that's exactly why i call it a “free gold”. datsyuk, kovalchuk and voynov are players of nhl star level. they're even better than many average nhl players that's for sure. plus players like kaprizov and gusev will going to move to nhl soon, because their level is also pretty high.

but no one team at the olympics (except russia itself) has such great players. that's why i call it an easy gold for them, because players from other countires are weak.

and STILL it's very doubtful that oar will win it, because even with the best team at the olympics you have to have a character. the epic russian team was at 2006 olympics in italy. there were nhl level players vs. nhl level players. and still defeating canada didn't help them to defeat finland.

so my point is - the oar has the best team at the olympics, their first line (kovalchuk, datsyuk, kaprizov, voyonov) is a level of top 3 lines of all nhl teams. but they have pretty big coaching problems and capitals' playoffs syndrome.

russianfan

Match Penalty
and STILL it's very doubtful that oar will win it, because even with the best team at the olympics you have to have a character. the epic russian team was at 2006 olympics in italy. there were nhl level players vs. nhl level players. and still defeating canada didn't help them to defeat finland.

so my point is - the oar has the best team at the olympics, their first line (kovalchuk, datsyuk, kaprizov, voyonov) is a level of top 3 lines of all nhl teams. but they have pretty big coaching problems and capitals' playoffs syndrome.

There is quite a big amount of russian fans who want Russia to lose this Olympics because of how much they hate the coach, so they hope he will be kicked out in case of not winning this Olympics :) when i'm reading sports.ru comments it seems like you can hardly find a person who doesn't hate our coach

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
I feel bad for Canada right now. Nobody should lose a gold medal in a shootout ever. Championship should never be decided that way

LadyB

Record Breaker
Today's the day. At first, I'll be shouting for Russia and hope so much they'll be in the final!

Then I'll support wholeheartedly Germany. It ain't the 'real' Canada, so why not in with a chance?
My love affair with hockey started when Germany won an accidental bronze in Innsbruck 76. This started a revolution and (ice)hockey has since become a very much loved and broadly plaid sport in the country. Us kids went out on the street on our old fashioned roller skates, armed with broomsticks, brollies and tennis balls, trying to emulate our heroes wherever there was space.
Later I followed my fave team, went to loads of games and as a highlight, I watched CSKA play them in the Spengler Cup. Mikhailov, Petrov, Kharlamov, Tretiak... I'll never, ever forget the feeling I had then. I've watched three games at the World Cup in Cologne last year and that brought it all back.
That's why I love both the above teams and wish them the best game ever. :love::cheer2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m going to have to sleep and watch this at the same time. Should be interesting ;)

Go Datsyuk!!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Here we go. Play for Bronze would already be a fantastic result for the German boys. So, come on lads, nothing to lose!

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
anyways it's not even ahl level players in team canada, so.. whatever.

but i won't be surprised if germany will defeat oar as well