Ilia Malinin | Golden Skate

Ilia Malinin

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Thanks for starting this FF! I only watched Ilia for the first time yesterday because you posted a link in the US Men's thread. I really look forward to watching his future programs now. :) I'd sort of brushed off comments by others suggesting he's a threat even for this year's Olympic team, although I'd read his interview where he said that's his present goal. Not brushing them off any more.

Also, his mom's history is very interesting, winning 4th at 1999 worlds at age 26, same as Maria Butyrskaya, who won. In those days, age 26 was practically considered geriatric for figure skating. Oh, wait .... :ROFLMAO:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course! I was thinking for a bit to make it, but I wasn't sure if I needed to add in all the scores, links, etc. So I asked and found out I didn't need to. He's from my home county so of course there's a bit of bias, but hey, hometown skaters doing well makes me very happy.

LOL I'm 26 right now.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, because of the criteria that the ISU put up, Ilia is going to the JGPF!!!!! I honestly wanted to dance yesterday when I found out, but I was at work, so I couldn’t without getting stares lol.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilia is first in the SP with 81.31. Hopefully he stays clean tomorrow. Don’t know if I can watch it or not.

Apple1078

On the Ice
Congratulations Ilia!:hap10:What was most impressive about this win was the strategy behind it. It was a mature performance where he just went for a 4T and 4S even though he could have gone for his full arsenal. But he understood the assignment. Great job!!!