Injuries and Ills: 2014-15 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Injuries and Ills: 2014-15

LRK

Record Breaker
Poor Kevin. All I can hope is that they really can work on getting his problems sorted.

I'll also "collect" the Kevin thread here, as it comes under "other ills".

Kevin Reynolds continues to struggle with skate problems
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...lds-continues-to-struggle-with-skate-problems

Also to note that it was mentioned in a Skate Amerca thread that Denis Ten has been suffering from flu - hence his bad results at that competition. Also, I believe, he too is one that has had problems with his skates. If I recall correctly Frank Carroll in an interview said that his (Denis') feet were flat, which were causing the problems with the boots. Can anyone confirm - or correct - this?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
omg did you just:laugh:

Not funny. Yes I do like 5SOS also...but I put that part of the lyrics in there for a reason. And it was because I wish that I could forget that it happened or simply wish this was not real. I'm still sad about it. I have to admit. But I'm doing better than yesterday. Yesterday for hours I was fighting back tears.

I'm not trying to scold you. Honest.

trains

On the Ice
Just heard that Eladj Balde is injured and has withdrawn from Skate Canada. Can anyone confirm this?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just heard that Eladj Balde is injured and has withdrawn from Skate Canada. Can anyone confirm this?

Tatjana Flade tweeted the news. She is usually very reliable.

Tatjana Flade
‏@Tatjana21
E. Balde (CAN) withdrawn from #SCI2014 due to injury, there will be no replacement. Wishing @elladjbalde a speedy recovery.
5:41 PM - 29 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/527621259186544641

Sad for Balde. :(

The only silver lining is that I hope Liam Firus will have the best men's result for Canada at the event.

peg

Medalist
Frustrating start to the season for the Canadians singles. First Kaetlyn, then Kevin, and now Elladj.

trains

On the Ice
International Figure Skating is tweeting that Eladj is suffering from a concussion. Best wishes to him for a full recovery.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Concussion? Oh dear...hope it wasn't a backflip accident, not that any other kind of accident would be better. Get well soon. :no: Losing Elladj and Kevin is such a shame, especially for the Canadian GP event.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well Canada won't have a lot to cheer considering their men and women's team are devastated. Duhamel and RAdford better not fall apart to Sui and Han; ditto for Weaver and Poje usually your own skate int'l your nation predominately does well ie Skate America ie in pairs and dance where they did really well.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Well Canada won't have a lot to cheer considering their men and women's team are devastated. Duhamel and RAdford better not fall apart to Sui and Han; ditto for Weaver and Poje usually your own skate int'l your nation predominately does well ie Skate America ie in pairs and dance where they did really well.

D&R are looking pretty awesome this season, But pairs is pairs, What i don't see is how you'd think W&P could possibly lose to anyone in ice dance...

Singles is true though, You might not see any canadian in those final groups, But you arguably wouldn't have anyways,
Reynolds possibly, But maybe we'll have surprises.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23
Cleared to skate again on monday!!! This is going to be interesting.
10:10 AM - 30 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/527870206593339394

-----------------------------------------------

(non-news)

That's, umm, not very comforting... :no:

I know that L. Firus has some catching up to do after more than his share of injuries, but I still enjoy watching his skating. Hope that he has a good season. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I know that L. Firus has some catching up to do after more than his share of injuries, but I still enjoy watching his skating. Hope that he has a good season. :)
I'm harder on him than I should be, I know...

It's just that, if he ends up on the podium at Skate Canada... well, we're probably not in for a well-skated competition.