Jason Brown | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Got to love the Inland NW in summer! But at least it's dry heat!

On another note the videography is not good. What's with filming the backs of all the skaters?! However, Sun Valley is a small market, so chances are the reporter did the video.

Last edited:

alabhaois

On the Ice
Thanks Alabhaois. From the music and the positions, Riverdance still exists for shows, even while Jason practices Tristan & Iseult.

And, completely OT, I had no idea it got that hot in Idaho! #EastCoastGirl

Yes, I didn't know it got hot there either!

The video is strange-- I didn't even know it was of Jason & others because of all the back shots. lol

But at least it's something (such as it is!).

:)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's gets quite hot! Once you are more inland in the Pacific Northwest, you're dealing with arid dessert land....although Sun Valley is a mountain area---it should be cooler.

That said, it has been generally hotter in the PNW all over.

alabhaois

On the Ice
I think that Washington state has the best overall climate-- great for people like me who don't like the heat! It's beautiful and green all year. I know it rains in the summer but that would be OK with me--- it never rains in Calif. in the summer, but then, we have that dry heat, which is a blessing, so I've heard. As you might have figured out, summer is NOT my favourite season. :frown:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think that Washington state has the best overall climate-- great for people like me who don't like the heat! It's beautiful and green all year. I know it rains in the summer but that would be OK with me--- it never rains in Calif. in the summer, but then, we have that dry heat, which is a blessing, so I've heard. As you might have figured out, summer is NOT my favourite season. :frown:

Washington state has several different climate zones. You are mainly talking about the Western side of the state (or West of the Cascade mountains). The frequent rain actually comes during the winter months. Summer's actually a lovely time of year for Western Washington.

Then you have the Olympia Peninsula (home to Twilight!) which is more of a rain forest, so it rains A LOT.

I live on the Eastern, more inland side of the state. It definitely gets hot here! But it's dried heat. But then there's a patch of E. Washington that has a rainy season -- that's where all the wheat grows.

And of course, the mountains, which has its own weather patterns.

alabhaois

On the Ice
Washington state has several different climate zones. You are mainly talking about the Western side of the state (or West of the Cascade mountains). The frequent rain actually comes during the winter months. Summer's actually a lovely time of year for Western Washington.

Then you have the Olympia Peninsula (home to Twilight!) which is more of a rain forest, so it rains A LOT.

I live on the Eastern, more inland side of the state. It definitely gets hot here! But it's dried heat. But then there's a patch of E. Washington that has a rainy season -- that's where all the wheat grows.

And of course, the mountains, which has its own weather patterns.

I have a close friend who lives in Seattle and last time I visited, we went out on his boat (small but sturdy) and had a marvellous time. I wouldn't live anywhere other than the SF Bay Area, though. I think this state has everything (mountains, ocean, forests, etc.), except swamps. Which is OK with me. I do love the west coast!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have a close friend who lives in Seattle and last time I visited, we went out on his boat (small but sturdy) and had a marvellous time. I wouldn't live anywhere other than the SF Bay Area, though. I think this state has everything (mountains, ocean, forests, etc.), except swamps. Which is OK with me. I do love the west coast!

I have never been to the Bay Area. It's on my to-visit list. I have quite a few friends there. I've visited Los Angeles and the Northern part of California near the Oregon border (Crescent City, etc).

alabhaois

On the Ice
I have never been to the Bay Area. It's on my to-visit list. I have quite a few friends there. I've visited Los Angeles and the Northern part of California near the Oregon border (Crescent City, etc).

You will love it-- that is, San Francisco and Marin County in particular. SF does not disappoint! It's as beautiful as any European city, IMO. It has a special cachet about it, what with the winding hills and sweeping vistas-- and the weather is very nice. There seems to be a strong dichotomy between Southern Cal and Northern Cal-- it's almost as if we're two different states.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not directly related to Jason, but just want to make note that Kori got some public acknowledgment from Tom Z for being a special guest coach at his figure skating camp this past week at the Air Force Academy.

Those name suggestions were by golden as well - she's got a real Gift! (I'm so bad at that kind of thing that I'm positively envious of it - but all in a good way. :) ) Of those my favourite was "Brownmancers". :)

Of this batch I really liked Brownstigators - it sounds so... cool. :)

Thx, LRK. Not sure whether I'd call it a gift or a peculiar preoccupation, LOL. ;)

alabhaois

On the Ice
Had a quick question re skating vernacular: "SP" is short program, but what is the term for long program? "LP?" I had read somewhere that "LP" is no longer used and instead superseded by... :confused2:

Thanks!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The long program is referred to as "LP" or also as the free skate or "FS".

alabhaois

On the Ice
Thanks, karne-- I think I was thrown by the free skate vs long program because they sound very different.
:)

TMC

Record Breaker
The long program is referred to as "LP" or also as the free skate or "FS".

Sometimes LP is used because FS is also short for 'figure skating'.

But it's usually pretty obvious from the context when the author means Figure and when she means Free :)

alabhaois

On the Ice
Sometimes LP is used because FS is also short for 'figure skating'.

But it's usually pretty obvious from the context when the author means Figure and when she means Free :)

TMC, I just noticed your profile photo-- is that your kitty? Very cute

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/485859041319481348

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
Couldn't have asked for a better way 2 spend this years July 4th! Thanks @sunvalley 4 making this weekend so special! pic.twitter.com/0CXhzdZ3NF
11:53 AM - 6 Jul 2014

Lovely photo of the Brown clan in Sun Valey, Idaho. I really ought to check out that place one of these days. It's a day's drive from my house.

alabhaois

On the Ice
https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/485859041319481348

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
Couldn't have asked for a better way 2 spend this years July 4th! Thanks @sunvalley 4 making this weekend so special! pic.twitter.com/0CXhzdZ3NF
11:53 AM - 6 Jul 2014

Lovely photo of the Brown clan in Sun Valey, Idaho. I really ought to check out that place one of these days. It's a day's drive from my house.

What a nice photo of the family Brown-- his mother must be very petite!!

TMC

Record Breaker
TMC, I just noticed your profile photo-- is that your kitty? Very cute

Thank you! Yes that is our 8-year-old Katjusa aka Katti. We also have a 2-year-old, Missi. Both have the same tuxedo colouring but Katti is about four times the size of Missi :)