Jason Brown | Page 652 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

doublequad

On the Ice
I think it will be a massive booster for Jason if he lands his a non-UR 4S with at worst a stepout and no hands on the ice. I don't remember if his past attempt at 4CC was UR.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I think it will be a massive booster for Jason if he lands his a non-UR 4S with at worst a stepout and no hands on the ice. I don't remember if his past attempt at 4CC was UR.

Yeah, it was <, step out, hand down. The big progress was not popping it. I’m wondering if the months-long period where he was popping it had something to do with the technique change, bc I don’t recall him going through a similar period with the 4T. He < and fell a lot, but didn’t pop much, I don’t think.

Anyway, it will be amazing if he’s able to land a clean one - fingers crossed!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
All true, and I agree with Stitch that he seems to do best when people (especially NBC and Jackie Wong type people :) ) don’t predict him to medal or break through or whatever.

I also think it’s partly that Mateo Rizzo did really well at his last comp, and people just see that at 4CCs, Jason came behind Keegan, Vincent etc. Which may happen again, of course. Or not.

Additionally, there’s that quad thing. I think some people automatically predict guys who land quads to place higher, partly because they often do and partly...just because. Jason’s 4S at 4CCs was definitely progress for him, but to the average fan it probably wasn’t too impressive. I do wonder whether he would have placed higher if the tech panel calls in the SP had been more consistent with their calls in the FS, but it is what it is.

Anyway, the truth is I don’t really care where people place him in their predictions- I’ll be very happy if we see two clean programs from Jason next week!

Yes!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I'll take a stood up UR 4S as well. As long as he remains upright.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, why is the last one LOL? Because Tracy has her hand in front of Jason (although good to Jason and Zhenya laughing together)

And I don’t know my TCC coaches sad to say ;)who are the middle aged guys who aren’t Brian or David Wilson?

ETA: and one of them must be Ghislain, from @Tavi’s post. I keep waiting for them to wheel out a cake:biggrin:

Quoting myself, because....

they had a cake! (second slide)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHjOt_HbDT/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=v8mqq7yysnil

(h/t to Fluture in the Zhenya FF)

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
What is the second emoji? This doesn't really make sense for Jason.

Cricket bat?

This is also the group that interviewed Tracy, so while they were at TCC, maybe they also interviewed Jason(?). We will find out soon enough.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Shoot, it is a cricket bat. The broken heart is scary. And yes, it must be Jason. We'll see. He did practice and looked good. Maybe the heart refers to what happened last year.