Jason Brown | Page 654 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Tavi...

Record Breaker
To be honest, if I were doing some serious betting, I would probably put him in a similar position, maybe one place higher. But I also know he is capable of placing higher and could very well do that.

Agree. Their families were close before any of them moved to Colorado.

Just curious - do you know for a fact that Emily and Jason’s families were friends? She grew up in Minnesota

Imov

Medalist
Jason in the previous 2 main rink practices is trying out his quad sal. I am not sure if he can nail it for worlds. But at least he has the confidence to try.
And honestly I was surprised how petite Jason was compared to zachary donohue. I really believed they were the same built until I saw them with my own eyes.
Japanese audience love Jason a lot, they clap for loudest imo compared to his other USA teammates. Is it because he does ice shows in Japan or he can speak japanese?

lilsailor

On the Ice
Shoot, it is a cricket bat. The broken heart is scary. And yes, it must be Jason. We'll see. He did practice and looked good. Maybe the heart refers to what happened last year.

jfjfkfkf member of itl here - haha yes, the broken heart emoji was a reference to love is a b****

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason in the previous 2 main rink practices is trying out his quad sal. I am not sure if he can nail it for worlds. But at least he has the confidence to try.
And honestly I was surprised how petite Jason was compared to zachary donohue. I really believed they were the same built until I saw them with my own eyes.
Japanese audience love Jason a lot, they clap for loudest imo compared to his other USA teammates. Is it because he does ice shows in Japan or he can speak japanese?

He's always been popular in Japan. They love his skating. And they love that he's learning Japanese. He's got so much personality on the ice and they appreciate good skating. He doesn't actually do that many ice shows in Japan. I expect that he would like to when he has more time to do ice shows. Jason is 5'7" and he weighs less than he used to. Makes it easier to jump. But the weight loss makes him look a little smaller. I think he looks great!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thanks for the update, Imov. :thumbsup: Yes, Zach is taller and heavier than Jason, he needs to lift a lady skater after all, even if it’s not overhead. They did the pep talk together at last year’s SOI for the vote for Adam and Mirai for the DWTS, and also I think throwing T-shirt’s into the audience? they were pretty funny, and Zach is definitely bigger.

@Lilsailor, thanks for the confirmation about the broken heart emoji; Jason fans have long experience in trying to figure out his heart emojis, so now we do it with everyone. :biggrin: And thanks for the podcasts, I’ve enjoyed them:clap:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
he's not doing any clean 4S. that makes me sad

Ah, keep your spirits up. If he does a clean 4S, that’s great. If not, let’s hope he still does all the wonderful things that make Jason Jason, and can’t be replaced by quads:)

ETA: and I like Mrs. P’s take too :biggrin:

Last edited:

lilsailor

On the Ice
Thanks for the update, Imov. :thumbsup: Yes, Zach is taller and heavier than Jason, he needs to lift a lady skater after all, even if it’s not overhead. They did the pep talk together at last year’s SOI for the vote for Adam and Mirai for the DWTS, and also I think throwing T-shirt’s into the audience? they were pretty funny, and Zach is definitely bigger.

@Lilsailor, thanks for the confirmation about the broken heart emoji; Jason fans have long experience in trying to figure out his heart emojis, so now we do it with everyone. :biggrin: And thanks for the podcasts, I’ve enjoyed them:clap:

thank you!! ♥️

Ross74

Medalist
Heading to bed with a big smile on my face after watching Pairs. :) I'll check the Mens results in the morning.

Good luck, Jason! You are so awesome! :agree:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heading to bed with a big smile on my face after watching Pairs. :) I'll check the Mens results in the morning.

Good luck, Jason! You are so awesome! :agree:

I know (about pairs). :yes:

Not getting up at 7 a.m. even for Jason, (particularly since I am up at 2 a.m.) so :pray: and :hap10:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Jason will be fine skating last. He'll skate lights out with a huge standing ovation. :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Below are my first impressions after watching Jason's SPLENDID SP I posted in Edge thread. I can only say that if something was supposed to slap some folks, I glad it was done by a. Jason and b. by such program & performance. Talk about owning his best and confidently flaunting it - a lot of skaters could learn instead of pushing themselves too hard/too little/too early/thinking with lack of criticism about their work.

I had a meeting and missed almost all final group, but re-watched Jason and...WOW. The quality level, complexity level of EVERY single move and gesture was astounding, absolutely extraordinary for me. He OWNED that program completely, with all it bears and then brings - the program brings the absolute best out of Jason, too. It is a vehicle for me that highlights the meaning of 'total package' in such important way, it stresses how important is to have an actual choreography and give it a shape/meaning in action. Jason showed since IdF that this is such a fitting concept for him, BUT he managed to grow it out into something bigger, into a STATEMENT of his skill, capability and development as a performer; for me, it is an iconic performance of an iconic, totally one of a kind program I'll re-watch many, many times.

First thing is that with that kind of program and skater Jason is/his 'brand' of performance it is for me crucial to bring out the comfortable balance between that sensual lingering feel/sexy vibe of the guitar/singer's voice and control/composure over build-up made by movement, to say the sentence before exclamation point, not force out the emotion and tension out too quickly - and this Jason, after change he made, proves that he really mastered that ability exquisitely. His every move connects with the next one SEAMLESSLY, connects with and in-between all elements, connects within the music, not even 'with' the music, but sinks so deep inside of the rhythm you cannot notice both perspectives of music & movement. Jason's advantage is definitely the way he operates musicality, how his movement organically 'agrees' with different kind of pieces he skates to - with this Two Feet one, he expresses these words, dare and edge almost threadbare-like, I can't really imagine another way to pull off this kind of vehicle & music like Jason does, he set not only a standard for himself, but for others too I feel.

Choreography blends with the music and becomes such a powerful, impactful weapon in Jason's whole body - when I see for example Vincent, I acknowledge what he executes, the difficulty, some series of movements and the music, ALL of them SEPARATELY though; with Jason and this SP, his seamless transitioning between every element and musical phrase, he makes a complete vision, a spectacle ending too soon, because I did not catch all the nuance and message carried by it. It all may look simple (and not even talking about him having only triples there), but the most difficult trait in my opinion is to showcase in best way what you have, not showing what you're lacking, the confidence in delivery of a complex wholesome for evaluation. I feel that Jason after the change became more assured about his best qualities and got more 'courageous' to show them off as his advantage, even in highly competitive surroundings - he went there with self-focus and some kind of calm energy that allowed him to captivate people by sheer force of what he produced, not the opinion about him, his BV, his competition record; it was not an attempt to convince someone I feel, but a manifesto of him being devoted to his style and identity which really amped the general impression of performance.

The way nuance works in this choreography, in motion while performed - simply outstanding, making the whole experience so...tasty, rich, multi-dimensional to witness. The kick after jump, an extension of arm going from spins, the whole transitional movement between 1st and 2nd spin, how he operates his arms throughout the choreography, the sharp finish of every pose at the beginning - these things are never forced by Jason, they just co-exist within DNA of that program for me, adding Russian split, spins positions, how his body accentuates guitar rhythm it enriches the whole picture, but never feels 'over-showy' or over-embellished. It takes a lot of control and self-consciousness to make 'cool' tricks an integral part of performance; the way choreography highlights music by jumps, spins, finishing with step sequence is one thing, but to give it that edge and make it a successful vehicle from judging standpoint/to showcase these PCS categories in all their glory, to get that GOE for quality, it's all about way Jason does it in motion. Yeah, it is a vehicle totally in his alley, but it won't work out itself magically into such score and profound impression left in people.

About lack of quads...I have my own look on that and actually allow skaters work their best with al they have to get me involved, not exactly making them technical expectations to achieve to be considered 'a good skater, a valid skater, skater worthy attention, competitive skater. What I like about Jason especially now, seeing just more confidence in caring himself, is that he owns the responsibility of what he already achieved (trying to still elevate it) and what he would like to achieve. Yes, he has not a stable quad, even this elusive one, but I am encouraged to see him trying in pace that won't belittle or reduce an impact of his already owned capabilities. I feel that both his programs this season represent what he already mastered (SP) and what his challenges are (FS). I am simply glad that he seems to find that balance and courage in both sides of the coin which possibly allowed him to produce SP performance like today's.

Watch

Final Flight
I can't put into words how excited I am for Jason! I know his chances to podium very much depend on others' mistakes and I wouldn't wish for any skater to do badly, but seeing Jason with a Worlds medal would be a total dream. I hope he lands his 4S and has a clean skate otherwise! And either way, today's perfomance was a work of art. Absolute body control, marvelous skating skills, every move expressive and on point. Thank you, Jason, and congrats on your small silver medal!