Jason Brown | Page 653 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't do me like this, InTheLoop ;).

You're like Jason and his black hearts, but a broken heart is worse:biggrin:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Don't do me like this, InTheLoop ;).

You're like Jason and his black hearts, but a broken heart is worse:biggrin:

If it is Jason and they did do the interview at Cricket when they interviewed Tracy, the heart is a past thing. But it has to be Jason. Once that mystery object was revealed to be a cricket bat.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The broken heart emoji got to be a reference to his SP music. Calm down everyone. He’s obviously doing fine in Japan!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jumping on the speculation bandwagon :laugh::

I think the last emoji could signify something positive -- that the person is a "heartbreaker" in the sense of someone who makes others swoon.

It would fit the popular/attractive Jason, whose skating and/or personality and/or looks could make others (such as the podcasters) swoon.​

… Isn’t Lukas Britschgi the other skater with “Love is a B****” as his music?

A tune I never heard of before Jason? Not exactly POTO or Carmen.

And he’s skating right before Jason? No need to change the CD:biggrin:

As el henry foresaw :yes::

For the first practice, Lukas apparently did choose for his SP music to be played.

And then in Jason's absence, his SP music was played …

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1107432401926418432

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1107433069877706752

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1107433507641389056

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Nice interview. Not much new territory covered (at least they didn't mention quads!) But the story of how Jason became a flexible skater is new to me. I read the transcript. I'll listen later.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I knew the flexible story. I loved the detail about how the Jason/Evgenia friendship has developed!

Imov

Medalist
That costume travel saga was amazing.
Its great they pulled if off.
He was lovely at Main rink practice day 2. And I was surprised another skater had the same sp music and also cut with jason

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He was lovely at Main rink practice day 2. And I was surprised another skater had the same sp music and also cut with jason

Thank you for your in person reports @Imov :clap:

I hope you are having an amazing time.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Thanks for the reports!

Did anyone catch the part where Jason recalls Tracy telling him “We’ve been through this with Javi” part? :laugh:

I feel like Jason does best when people downplay him so I’m okay with Jackie’s prediction.

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually don’t think I had heard the “I just want to jump the old way to feel good about myself again” quote (at least not in that context)

Also cool that Jason’s best bud (presumably Emily) told him “you didn’t go to Canada to keep old habits”. She’s still part of Kori’s team with 7k/Sharp4Sports/Scott Hamilton Academy, but she’s telling Jason to go all in with the new program.

How classy, and true friendship, that someone with the old coaching team wants a skater to succeed with the new skating team. :clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^ I think Emily (assuming it’s her) is probably Jason’s friend first and a person on his former coach’s team second. :)

I thought it was good to hear how much of a struggle it was to make the switch and how hard he had to work just to stick to it.

He talks more about all the changes (and how it’s still happening) in the Olympic Channel live blog. https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...utm_medium=tw-post&utm_campaign=social-owned_

Ross74

Medalist
Jackie Wong put him 8th in his predictions. I can’t decide if I’m more relieved or annoyed. :)

To be honest, if I were doing some serious betting, I would probably put him in a similar position, maybe one place higher. But I also know he is capable of placing higher and could very well do that.

^ I think Emily (assuming it’s her) is probably Jason’s friend first and a person on his former coach’s team second. :)

Agree. Their families were close before any of them moved to Colorado.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yep if the men hit all their tech content, hypothetically Jason could be behind Yuzu, Nathan, Shoma, Boyang, Mikhail, Alexander, Vincent, Jun and Keegan and barely get top 10. He could arguably be behind Matteo and Kevin too if they hit as well. His PCS can’t make up for 55+/100+ TES. But yes definitely he can and has capitalized when there has been inconsistency at play.

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jackie Wong put him 8th in his predictions. I can’t decide if I’m more relieved or annoyed. :)

Jackie's predictions haven't been that accurate. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do better than that IF he skates both programs clean. Any positive GOE on that 4S no matter how small, will be fine!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I actually don’t think I had heard the “I just want to jump the old way to feel good about myself again” quote (at least not in that context)

Also cool that Jason’s best bud (presumably Emily) told him “you didn’t go to Canada to keep old habits”. She’s still part of Kori’s team with 7k/Sharp4Sports/Scott Hamilton Academy, but she’s telling Jason to go all in with the new program.

How classy, and true friendship, that someone with the old coaching team wants a skater to succeed with the new skating team. :clap:

I truly believe that Kori and her team were sad to see Jason go, but realized it was in his best interest and truly did give him their blessing. Jason was too comfortable and not progressing. Kori is a good coach. She did a lot for him. But sometimes people have to move on and I think she understands that. It happens to all coaches. I am sure that Emily wants only the best for him. And so does Kori.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yep if the men hit all their tech content, hypothetically Jason could be behind Yuzu, Nathan, Shoma, Boyang, Mikhail, Alexander, Vincent, Jun and Keegan and barely get top 10. He could arguably be behind Matteo and Kevin too if they hit as well. His PCS can’t make up for 55+/100+ TES. But yes definitely he can and has capitalized when there has been inconsistency at play.

The odds are not great that all of those skaters will hit all of their tech content. I don't expect him to exceed Yuzu, Nathan, Shoma, Boyang or Vincent unless one or more implodes, but the others have been inconsistent and he could fall in with any of them. It all depends on how Jason skates. We'll see! Hoping for the best!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The odds are not great that all of those skaters will hit all of their tech content. I don't expect him to exceed Yuzu, Nathan, Shoma, Boyang or Vincent unless one or more implodes, but the others have been inconsistent and he could fall in with any of them. It all depends on how Jason skates. We'll see! Hoping for the best!

No, but you never know. All the skaters want to peak at worlds so I’m not going to discount the possibility.