Jason Brown | Page 963 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
TSL actually posted some fake interview quotes from "TSL.ru" regarding USFS needing Jason to returning to Nats. Once I realized it was a parody, it was pretty cute. But Dave thinking that there was pushback on his comments about the broken foot last year only because he was a poor truthteller attacked by crazed Jason stans:rolleyes: Uh, not so much.

But back to Jason:
doing this well on an intricate new program, on three weeks practice, just brings home how much skating fans need him at Nats, forget the USFS.

And how much the skating world owes him right now. There is only one Jason Brown. ❤️
There are many reasons for Jason to do Nats this year and staying in the public eye on skates. He does want to continue to do shows and keeping himself on the ice in front of an audience helps with that goal. He's gotten quite a few gigs this year and seems to be very well received. He loves to travel and he loves being in Japan, which is the best market for skating shows. So it's a possibility, I think. This is his year of YES, so why not!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think Jason's rest of season may largely depend on how other men do. If we have Ilia and two others have a great season, Jason may decide to pass the torch. If we see more of a nervey season, I think there will be some appeal to having a veteran in the mix to... well pass the torch at worlds.

Not going to lie, rather hoping his training time in Colorado tempts him to have good bye performance at 4CC

Last edited:

sworddance21

On the Ice
I think Jason's rest of season may largely depend on how other men do. If we have Ilia and two other, Jason may decide to pass the torch. If see more of a nervey season, I think there will be some appeal to having a veteran in the mix to... well pass the torch at worlds.

Not going to lie, rather hoping his training time in Colorado tempts him to have good bye performance at 4CC
Ooh! If I were to dream, I would say that Jason returns to nationals, wins in his swan song ala Ryan Bradley, then exits the world stage with a win at 4CC. (I suppose if he wins Nationals he could go to Worlds, but I don't know that he would.)

16Olympics

On the Ice
I think Jason's rest of season may largely depend on how other men do. If we have Ilia and two others have a great season, Jason may decide to pass the torch. If we see more of a nervey season, I think there will be some appeal to having a veteran in the mix to... well pass the torch at worlds.

With Ilia doing so well technically, his numbers may not be overcome not even by Jason but you never know! Ice is slippery. Nationals are January, 2023 and 4CC is in February and he always does well there. So, let's dream, as someone has said. Then exit into the show season and rake in that love and cash.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason has been skating at SCOB (he has been tagged in posts on IG, selfies with skaters who train there. One clearly has the Tenly Albright sign in the background)

Well, if not Skate America, why???? Inquiring minds want to know.....

YukiNieve

Rinkside
At Skate America, there will be an event for attending fans called VIP Experience (for a fee).
This will be held in place of traditional breakfast sessions where skaters were mingling with fans.
This time not only competing skaters but also alumni are invited to attend, and Jason is scheduled to be there on 10/22.
So, yes, Jason will likely to be at Skate America (even for a short time, I guess).

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason as coach.

He is so good at this, but please, just a few more competitive skates.:pray:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooh! If I were to dream, I would say that Jason returns to nationals, wins in his swan song ala Ryan Bradley, then exits the world stage with a win at 4CC. (I suppose if he wins Nationals he could go to Worlds, but I don't know that he would.)
My pain if he did that would be so great. To be robbed of both a Brendan and a Jason farewell would hurt a lot.

But the Impossible Dream is so beautiful...with so little training...and the 3As looked pretty good for the limited training too. I think he would be a shoo-in for silver at Nationals, at least. Meaning no disrespect to the other US men, but...well. It's not likely they can match him. And if Ilia has a meltdown of any kind, Jason could be there to become a twice champion...

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
My pain if he did that would be so great. To be robbed of both a Brendan and a Jason farewell would hurt a lot.

But the Impossible Dream is so beautiful...with so little training...and the 3As looked pretty good for the limited training too. I think he would be a shoo-in for silver at Nationals, at least. Meaning no disrespect to the other US men, but...well. It's not likely they can match him. And if Ilia has a meltdown of any kind, Jason could be there to become a twice champion...
Has Brendan retired? 😭

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Has Brendan retired? 😭
Nothing has been said. But he has quietly withdrawn from the GP, he has been to no CS events, I have seen him coaching at domestic events and he has not skated at any.

It is my belief he was only continuing for 4CC. And now that has been stolen...

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no idea what this means: will these interviews be on IG or YouTube or some channel for which I need a VPN?

And Jason did choreo for a new SP for Daniel? But I liked the old one:drama:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Um, did Jason just say on national TV that he has not closed the door on skating at nationals this year??!!

What are you listening to??? (Please, please, please).

I am streaming Peacock, no commentary, no ads, no Jason...