Jason Brown | Page 962 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A photo of Jason at JO practice. :)

I do not recognize the pose. Am I mistaken, or is this new?

It has been said that he has a new program. A bit risky with such a short training period, but I'm sure that it plays to his strengths. I hope that we get to see it!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason's skate is at 1:17 on this stream replay:

Oh, what a lovely program, with extensions and expressions and Jason doing Jason things. :drama: And that costume, Ladu designs has outdone herself.:love:

He fell on the last jump, and I think he was even laughing at himself for it, a silly fall on a triple. Coming after a knee slide. I think he does look rusty, for obvious reasons, and skating a new program after only three weeks of practice.

If he goes to Nats and skates this as a farewell, there won't be a dry eye in the building. At least among people of taste. :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Jason on his beautiful skate. I love his Schindler's List so much, that I think in my heart of hearts I was kinda hoping he would skate that. Great opportunity for him to show off his new Impossible Dream. Nicely done! :points:

Yes, very nice, elegant, understated costume. A far cry from the mustard-colored boots era of long ago! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just Jason's performance:

Lots of promise in that program. 3 weeks on a new program is not long enough for perfect. That fall on the jump was unfortunate, but it happens. He didn't look nervous. He looked like he was having a good time. I would love to see him train that program for Nats. It would be great. There is lots of potential. This is Jason's first competition of any kind since the Olympics. I think he skated a beautiful program. I think it was a good experience for him. Does anyone know if his family was there?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason's skate is at 1:17 on this stream replay:

Oh, what a lovely program, with extensions and expressions and Jason doing Jason things. :drama: And that costume, Ladu designs has outdone herself.:love:

He fell on the last jump, and I think he was even laughing at himself for it, a silly fall on a triple. Coming after a knee slide. I think he does look rusty, for obvious reasons, and skating a new program after only three weeks of practice.

If he goes to Nats and skates this as a farewell, there won't be a dry eye in the building. At least among people of taste. :)
I think that they may have that in mind. It will be in much better shape technically in January. But it was so nice to see him skate a competition again. He looked like he was having fun!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't remember him ever doing clockwise spins before. I was a beautiful program and he did it justice. BUT - this is one of those programs that would just get better and better as the season wore on.

This is a good point, when I was first watching, it didn't even occur to me this was a bi-directional spin, I just thought, wow, he usually gets his leg up higher. :palmf: He looks better on the opposite side spin than 90% do on a "normal spin".

This can't be the only time we see this program, please skating gods. :pray:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh the standing ovation, Japan loves him. this reminded me of what a hole he will leave when he announces the big R. there is truly NO ONE else like him. really really great to see him out there again.

i'm assuming he hasn't commented on future plans?

Jason has been very cagy in every interview so far: I honestly don't know, I'm not sure, I haven't thought about it. All with a smile.

He is very good at dodging the question.:biggrin:

noskates

Record Breaker
I agree he's going to leave a big gap in competitive skating but I like to think he's been an inspiration to skaters and choreographers. Maybe it's finally getting across that just having gargantuan jumps is not enough. And also that men can be just as graceful and smooth and musically interpretive as women, and that it enhances the programs. One can only hope. I sort of compare every current skater to Jason and most of them fall short. But I do see some trying.....Camden Pulkinen comes to mind.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I agree he's going to leave a big gap in competitive skating but I like to think he's been an inspiration to skaters and choreographers. Maybe it's finally getting across that just having gargantuan jumps is not enough. And also that men can be just as graceful and smooth and musically interpretive as women, and that it enhances the programs. One can only hope. I sort of compare every current skater to Jason and most of them fall short. But I do see some trying.....Camden Pulkinen comes to mind.
and Deniss....

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TSL actually posted some fake interview quotes from "TSL.ru" regarding USFS needing Jason to returning to Nats. Once I realized it was a parody, it was pretty cute. But Dave thinking that there was pushback on his comments about the broken foot last year only because he was a poor truthteller attacked by crazed Jason stans:rolleyes: Uh, not so much.

But back to Jason:
doing this well on an intricate new program, on three weeks practice, just brings home how much skating fans need him at Nats, forget the USFS.

And how much the skating world owes him right now. There is only one Jason Brown. ❤️