JGP Cup of Mordovia entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

JGP Cup of Mordovia entries

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Cameron Colluci has a new partner.

I am glad Cameron has a new partner. I will miss Katherine. She had a beautiful look on the ice. But I wish Cameron and his new partner the best. Meanwhile, filing the Beckers under my mystery column. (Along with Paradis & Ouellette).

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
Paradis /Ouellette won't be competing this year. No official announcement was made, I really don't know why Skate Canada is keeping such a mystery....
As for the Becker, from what we saw last year at National, the young lady seemed to have outgrew her brother. Maybe they didn't split but they took them out of the ISP...not a good sign.

frida80

Record Breaker
That's fourth JGP and still no Vivian Le :( And as Finn noticed, only one entry in Ice Dance from USA. USFSA is weird.

You noticed that too? I wonder if somethings going on with Vivian. Because there's no reason not to put her into JGP events. She's is the best chance at making the JGP finals. I love Brynne and can't wait to see her, but I hope that Vivian is in the next two competitions.

Layback11

Record Breaker
That's fourth JGP and still no Vivian Le :( And as Finn noticed, only one entry in Ice Dance from USA. USFSA is weird.

Also, Tessa Hong -- she was excellent at Broadmoor and could definitely medal if her event wasn't totally stacked.

kalee

On the Ice
I wonder if somethings going on with Vivian. Because there's no reason not to put her into JGP events. She's is the best chance at making the JGP finals.

Totally agree that unless Vivian isn't ready for whatever reason, putting her in an early JGP would've boosted her chances of getting to JGPF. If Tsurskaya recovers enough to be competition-ready, that doesn't seem likely till the later JGPs and Fedichkina is also being pushed later (to give her more recovery time too?). Same with Yuna Shiraiwa.

Nugumanova is also in a situation where she will likely have to face either Tsurskaya or Fedichkina in her 2nd JGP, and Gubanova would have to face either in both of hers, assuming all of the above get 2 assignments. Quite the bloodbath?!

The earlier comps are easier by comparison & am hoping that between Kaori Sakamoto, Anna Tarusina, Stanislava Konstantinova and Alisa Lozko, at least one of the 4 can capitalize on it & be in the JGPF pool.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Nugumanova is also in a situation where she will likely have to face either Tsurskaya or Fedichkina in her 2nd JGP, and Gubanova would have to face either in both of hers, assuming all of the above get 2 assignments. Quite the bloodbath?!

The earlier comps are easier by comparison & am hoping that between Kaori Sakamoto, Anna Tarusina, Stanislava Konstantinova and Alisa Lozko, at least one of the 4 can capitalize on it & be in the JGPF pool.

Konstantinova has been replaced by Gubanova at JGP Czech. I am confident that Nastia will make it to the JGPF.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Konstantinova has been replaced by Gubanova at JGP Czech. I am confident that Nastia will make it to the JGPF.
Give me your confidence, please :( Btw, I heard Anastasia skated well at russian junior test skate, right? Is there any videos? :confused:

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Give me your confidence, please :( Btw, I heard Anastasia skated well at russian junior test skate, right? Is there any videos? :confused:

Haven't seen any videos but people say both her programs were clean, which sounds like she is back to her usual standards.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Looking at all the Ice Dance lists from all 4 events so far, there's only 6 different US teams listed event considering substitutes.

Carreira/Ponomarenko (Assigned to France/Russia)
Gropman/Somerville (assigned to France)
Lewis/Bye (assigned to Czech Republic)
McNamara/Carpenter (assigned to Czech Republic)
Gunter/Wein (assigned to Japan)
Parsons/Parsons (assigned to Japan)

That's 12 spots total out of 14 possible spots allotted based on JW placements. The only other Ice Dance team in the US ISP that is Junior age eligible is Pogrebinsky/Benoit, who are competing Senior.

I think you may have cracked the case of why McNamara/Carpenter and the Parsons stayed juniors... because they were almost needed. I wonder how much this may have come into play in the decision making. It would not look good to give up so many spots, so this helps fill out the roster.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

Those are the Beckers. See post 18, 19, & 22 above. They haven't competed this summer. The other Wheaton teams have. (Though I think the Beckers were in the montage photo of participants at summer dance camp?)

The Beckers were removed from the ISP shortly before the beginning of JGP assignments. Speculation aside, there has been no announcement explaining why. Technically, it could be because they didn't meet the listed criteria for the team envelopes. (U.S. Junior Nationals was very deep last season and the criteria only acknowledges spots 1-6, whereas the top three novices are acknowledged & the Beckers would have been on the list last season due to placing at the 2014 novice competition). BUT Gropman & Somerville didn't finish top 6 at Junior Nationals either and they are now on the ISP. Also Lewis & Bye didn't meet envelope criteria the previous season, but they were on the JGP dance lists last season. (And obviously, not all of the junior ladies now listed on the ISP finished top 6). However, Gropman & Somerville competed at a summer dance event this year. (As did Lewis & Bye last season). The Beckers haven't. So maybe the Beckers didn't meet the Competition Readiness criteria? In any case, it doesn't look like they are competing, and with an opening available and a top 6 finish in their JGP event last season, I'm assuming they'd be going if they were ready/prepared/planned to compete on the JGP.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is ISP an International Assignment Pool or something like that? I overlooked Beckers name in previous posts, sorry.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Obviously, this all depends on how the other JGP entries go. However, for the Russian one I'd go with Gubanova + Nugumanova + Tarusina as I believe that these are clearly the best of their age group. Tsurskaya would have been a lock but apparently she's injured.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Obviously, this all depends on how the other JGP entries go. However, for the Russian one I'd go with Gubanova + Nugumanova + Tarusina as I believe that these are clearly the best of their age group. Tsurskaya would have been a lock but apparently she's injured.

I wouldn't put Liza and Nastia at the same JGP event. I would put Polina, Alisa F, Nastia and Liza at different events, although two of them would have to skate at the same event once since there are only 7 JGP events. Anyway, I would probably go with something like these assignments:

1st JGP event: Gubanova and Tarusina
2nd: Nugumanova and Lozko
3rd: Gubanova and Konstantinova
4th: Fedichkina, Nugumanova and Samodurova/Zagitova
5th: Tsurskaya and Tarusina
6th: Fedichkina and Lozko
7th: Tsurskaya and Konstantinova