Junhwan Cha | Page 88 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sad to see such a disappointing skate from Jun. Let's hope he can figure things out soon. We know he can do much better.

If he can't leave Korea for training now due to University, might some video training with Orser (as others have done with their coaches) help?

Last edited:

Warwick360

Medalist
Sad to see such a disappointing skate from Jun. Let's hope he can figure things out soon.

If he can't leave Korea for training now, might some video training with Orser (as others have done with their coaches) help?
Same feeling. I know people have said that he was training most of the time in Korea even when he was associated with Cricket club last year, but I truly feel an experienced voice goes a long way during competitive events.

I feel sad for the changing of formula just when he was hitting his stride. Felt same when Emma Raducanu let go of her coach right after winning the US Open. Wish he was at least sticking with Orser until the next Olympics. :slink:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He's injured :(

The worst part is that KSU will want him to attend the ranking competitions as, if I understand correctly, they are a large determining factor for international assignments. Hopefully Jun can recover quickly and get back to 100% :ghug:

But can't they make allowance? I know from reading @Ichatdelune 's posts that KSU are not reknown for being reasonable.... in any case, we can all only send lots of karmic getwell wishes.

rabidline

Final Flight
Get well soon Junhwan! I was a bit worried of injuries happening to him (and Mai) because I think this season is the first time they had a long off-season with more ice shows than they are used to do. Unfortunately it really was injuries.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
But can't they make allowance? I know from reading @Ichatdelune 's posts that KSU are not reknown for being reasonable.... in any case, we can all only send lots of karmic getwell wishes.
KSU won't make an allowance, because (as I have said before) they didn't make allowances even for the Queen. The ranking competition is half the criteria for the National Team and the selection competition for 4CCs, so if he plans to stay in the NT (and maybe compete at 4CCs) he has to compete. Same goes for Sihyeong (who is also injured and withdrew from his second GP).

icewhite

Record Breaker
The feds are all so crazy. Hardly any of them seem to actually care about their athletes or try to take care of them, which is weird because it's in their own interest. What good does it to do hold up standards of "no exception" or sending them to unnecessary competitions when their best skaters then shine less on the biggest stages? Korea does not have a second male skater like Jun, he has amazing qualities and he's very popular. One would think it's in their interest to give him the support he needs to bring out his best, give him the time and opportunities he needs. What do they think how most other athletes reach their heights? Often you need people to trust in you and give you time to rest and prepare. I doubt this cut-throat approach is the best or most successful way, but apparently strict principles are more important.