Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Thank you synes! I see they have their La Bayadere costumes on in the clip of the final in Tokyo.
I did not realize that they skated their FS. Can't wait to see it.

They didn’t – they just wore the costumes in the finale.

All videos are up now.

I guess this was the last we saw of Kana and Dai together for a while…hopefully Kana keeps us up to date what she’s up to in the meanwhile. With Dai you never know for how long he’ll abandon his ig account, so I'm not counting on him. ;) I'm sure we'll get to hear from him via other sources.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Kana is listed as choreographer for Hana Yoshida.. I loved both her S & L programs this season and wonder if Kana did both..
Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could confirm and add more..

mikeko666

Final Flight
Kana is listed as choreographer for Hana Yoshida.. I loved both her S & L programs this season and wonder if Kana did both..
I didn't know Kana choreographed Hana's programs. While I think she is a bit too young to skate to Shine On You Crazy Diamond, I love Planet Ocean Suite FS, which I think is a very ambitious program.

I attended both SOIJ shows last Saturday. I first bought a ticket only of the afternoon show in which they performed You are The Reason. I decided to buy a ticket of the evening show because I wanted to watch their Soran-bushi and Hawayek and Baker's Swan Lake :biggrin: live. (Kaitlin and Jean Luc performed their new exhibition program Black and Gold in the afternoon show, which was also very good.)

While You are The Reason is a very beautiful program, it was made last season and felt like a piece of clothes that became a bit too small. It was obvious they grew out of it, and they had told before the Tokyo shows it was their last time to perform the program.

Soran-bushi was just amazing. The audience was not allowed to shout or scream due to the COVID restriction, but the air in the arena vibrated with anticipation when they realized they were about to performed the program. The show-sized rink was much smaller than competition-sized, but they managed to squeeze all the elements in it with little compromise. They somewhat reduced the speed but still maintained the deep edges. Kana stumbled during the transition between PSt and RoLi, and could not get up immediately. I was worried it might affect RoLi, but Dai safely guided her to RoLi. He was clearly leading her, which showed how much he has developed as a male ice dancer this season.

They haven't announced their future plan yet, but I hope they continue to compete. Dai suggested Satoko to try pairs or ice dance during the short talk show in the last show last Sunday, so many fans are expecting them to continue.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I didn't know Kana choreographed Hana's programs. While I think she is a bit too young to skate to Shine On You Crazy Diamond, I love Planet Ocean Suite FS, which I think is a very ambitious program.

I attended both SOIJ shows last Saturday. I first bought a ticket only of the afternoon show in which they performed You are The Reason. I decided to buy a ticket of the evening show because I wanted to watch their Soran-bushi and Hawayek and Baker's Swan Lake :biggrin: live. (Kaitlin and Jean Luc performed their new exhibition program Black and Gold in the afternoon show, which was also very good.)

While You are The Reason is a very beautiful program, it was made last season and felt like a piece of clothes that became a bit too small. It was obvious they grew out of it, and they had told before the Tokyo shows it was their last time to perform the program.

Soran-bushi was just amazing. The audience was not allowed to shout or scream due to the COVID restriction, but the air in the arena vibrated with anticipation when they realized they were about to performed the program. The show-sized rink was much smaller than competition-sized, but they managed to squeeze all the elements in it with little compromise. They somewhat reduced the speed but still maintained the deep edges. Kana stumbled during the transition between PSt and RoLi, and could not get up immediately. I was worried it might affect RoLi, but Dai safely guided her to RoLi. He was clearly leading her, which showed how much he has developed as a male ice dancer this season.

They haven't announced their future plan yet, but I hope they continue to compete. Dai suggested Satoko to try pairs or ice dance during the short talk show in the last show last Sunday, so many fans are expecting them to continue.
Thank you. Hana’s FF states Kana is her choreographer which was a surprise to me.. how fortunate you were able to see Soran-bushi live❤️. They are beautiful together and true professionals. I 🙏they continue. Also seeing H/B Swan Lake was so wonderful.. they are masterful. The new EX is awesome!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Late to the party, but thank you for the report, mikeko! It’s great that you got to go twice and see both of their programs! 🤩

Dai has now tried twice to convince Satton to switch – let's hope that's a sign! :pray: (Here’s a translation of the bit in question: https://www.instagram.com/p/CcKJK-xJZYw/ )

And now there is an added incentive to continue, as the Japanese Skating Federation has just announced who will be assigned to which strengthening categories next season and Kana and Dai have been promoted to the A category (last season they received B level funding):

Apparently Kana choreographed Hana's 2020/21 Morricone SP as well! There doesn’t appear to be much information, but their collaboration makes sense since Hana is coached by Hamada at Kinoshita Academy, where Kana's sister, Satsuki, is on the coaching staff. It seems that Kana's work with Hana is to help improve her expression, as that is the area where she still has a lot of room for development. Technically, of course, she is already amazingly strong! I liked Hana's music choices for both of her programs this season in and of themselves, but agree with mikeko that Pink Floyd wasn't a perfect fit for her. I wonder if Kana chose "Planet Ocean Suite" for her – it's such a beautiful piece of music. 🥰

ETA:

ETA 2:

More hints? 🧐 With team KoKo at the "Outstanding Athletes Award Celebration" :love::

Article on Kana's and Dai's visit to the Skycourt headquarters:

Machine translation:

Daisuke Takahashi: "I think I've almost, sort of, decided" on his progress for next season.

19:07, 21 April 2022

Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi visit 'Sky Court' to say hello after the season.

Figure skaters Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi (both from Kansai University KFSC), silver medallists at the Four Continents Championships in ice dance, visited Skycourt K.K., with whom they have a sponsorship contract, to report the end of the season.

Muramoto, who said it was the first time she had set foot in the head office, said: 'I have been able to work hard for the past two years thanks to everyone's support. I really appreciate everyone. I hope that I have been able to show the world the appeal of ice dance, even if only a little. I hope I can continue to spread the word so that people will pay more attention to ice dance, so please support me.

Takahashi added: "The warm support I have received for my new challenge has allowed me to continue skating, which I love, as a competitor. As for the future, there are still some things we haven't discussed yet. But I think we've almost decided somewhat (laughs). I hope we can take on various challenges together again, and I look forward to your continued support.

In their second season together, Kanadai have been still in the process of developing, including the second place in ice dance at the Four Continents Championships in January, the highest place ever for a Japanese team. In an overnight interview at the World Championships in Montpellier, France, in March, they said that they would discuss and reach a final conclusion after April.

ETA 3 (aka the speculation continues + how Dai managed to forget his costume twice 😅):

Kanadai: The mindset of Dai-chan, who does not declare that Kana Muramoto and Daisuke Takahashi will "continue as a couple".

22 Apr 2022 06:15 PM

The future of Kana Muramoto (left) and Daisuke Takahashi (TSPO Web) is a matter of concern/interest.

Will we see "Kanadai" back on the ice next season? Figure skaters Kana Muramoto (29) and Daisuke Takahashi (36), both from Kansai University (KFSC), paid a courtesy visit to Skycourt K.K. in Tokyo, where they receive support, to report on this season. As for their future, Takahashi hinted that they would "continue as a couple", but did not make a clear statement. We caught up with Dai-chan's psychology behind this.

The two were greeted with applause by a large number of employees and were all smiles when they received a bouquet of flowers. In their second year together, they failed to compete in the Beijing Olympics, but showed amazing progress by becoming the first Japanese team to win a silver medal at the Four Continents Championships in January.

At the debriefing session, which proceeded in a friendly mood, Takahashi confessed to a "major failure episode" in which he forgot his costume twice this season. He said he realised it on the way to the rink at the All-Japan Championships in December last year and at the Four Continents Championships, but both times they fell during their performances. He said: "When I forgot it the second time, Kana's face was really angry. I'm sorry (laughs)".

On the other hand, Takahashi's words about whether he would continue with his career, which had been the focus of attention for some time, were followed by a series of phrases suggesting that they would "carry on". When he took the microphone in his opening speech, he said, "We haven't discussed our future yet", but slipped out, "But I think it's somewhat decided".

He also expressed his ambitions: "I hope we can take on various challenges together again, and I look forward to your continued support. He even unintentionally mentioned his future challenges, saying, "I thought I would never forget my costume again" during the aforementioned episode of forgetting his costume.

The mood at the venue was that of a "couple continuing together", with the employees in attendance saying they would "continue to support them next season" and "want to see them evolve in the future". However, Takahashi has not clearly announced his decision to the people around him at the moment.

A figure skating official said: "It takes a lot of determination to do another year at that age. It is hard to say 'I'll do it' easily, even if you have already made up your mind. A possible sequence of events would be for Takahashi to first inform Muramoto of her intention and then make an announcement."

Considering the preparation time for the programs and choreography, a decision should be reached by the end of May at the very least. At what point will Takahashi make up his mind?

Last edited:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Late to the party, but thank you for the report, mikeko! It’s great that you got to go twice and see both of their programs! 🤩

Dai has now tried twice to convince Satton to switch – let's hope that's a sign! :pray: (Here’s a translation of the bit in question: https://www.instagram.com/p/CcKJK-xJZYw/ )

And now there is an added incentive to continue, as the Japanese Skating Federation has just announced who will be assigned to which strengthening categories next season and Kana and Dai have been promoted to the A category (last season they received B level funding):

Apparently Kana choreographed Hana's 2020/21 Morricone SP as well! There doesn’t appear to be much information, but their collaboration makes sense since Hana is coached by Hamada at Kinoshita Academy, where Kana's sister, Satsuki, is on the coaching staff. It seems that Kana's work with Hana is to help improve her expression, as that is the area where she still has a lot of room for development. Technically, of course, she is already amazingly strong! I liked Hana's music choices for both of her programs this season in and of themselves, but agree with mikeko that Pink Floyd wasn't a perfect fit for her. I wonder if Kana chose "Planet Ocean Suite" for her – it's such a beautiful piece of music. 🥰

ETA:

ETA 2:

More hints? 🧐 With team KoKo at the "Outstanding Athletes Award Celebration" :love::

Article on Kana's and Dai's visit to the Skycourt headquarters:

Machine translation:

ETA 3 (aka the speculation continues + how Dai managed to forget his costume twice 😅):

Oh so much information here.. I am really looking forward to Hana’s progress next season. Kana knows her pupils well apparently and has the gift of music 🥰. Now of course the BIG question about Dai and Kana’s next season still remains unanswered? Even if they do not compete I think it would be wonderful to do shows together and rewarding too I imagine.. they are creative innovative and we all want to see that continue though I will never see it in person thank the Lord for quality video. Appreciate so much your informative and entertaining posts.. all the very best!!
PS I saw your post a couple of days ago but was slightly derailed from answering because my nephew’s wife gave birth early to a baby daughter and our family is welcoming her to the world🥰

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Quick clarification: Hana Yoshida's programs of 21'-22' season were not choreographed by Kana (the SP was by Cathy Reed and FS by Lori Nicole). Kana did choreography for Hana in the previous season (yes, the Morricone SP was by Kana).
:frown::thank::thank: For the correction.. 😊😮. Darn..!! But good to know..

mikeko666

Final Flight
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd_pmTXhrs8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Looks like May 27th at 7pm there will be an announcement (if I understood correctly) about KanaDais future?
Yes, they are going to stream a talk show tomorrow from 7 pm JST, and we are expecting them to make an announcement about their future plan.
The June 6 issue (available on May 30) of weekly magazine AERA will have their 4-page interview. They will also grace the cover.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Oh, has they not announced their future plan YET?! ;) The way they answered some questions during the post FD interviews at the Worlds, they sounded as if each of them already made up her/his mind while being very careful and not telling anything to anyone incl Dai for Kana herself and vise versa, I thought? :biggrin:

Let's wait and see, shall we? :ghug: They will continue or not, I do and will cheer for them anyway. :) I may have to prepare myself how to 'react/behave' to the upcoming news(hoping good news) tomorrow while my husband sitting by my side. That's my worry right now. :laugh:

:ghug:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
They seem to be working on something - the question is what? They could be preparing another Hyoen show (for next year?) since they've been in contact with Ayaka and Seiji lately.

They also attended PIW as spectators, seemingly to surprise Hirokazu (Kana crafted two fans for him that Dai was waving during furei time), but they might have had more reasons...

On "Kaere Monday" on tv asahi Dai said he's forcing himself to eat meat since he still needs to get a bit bigger, which could be a hint that they intend to keep competing.

A week ago Kana and Dai were spotted buying ballet and jazz shoes at Chacott, which could mean anything... :unsure:

They're truly keeping us in suspense! :popcorn: Hope that'll change tomorrow, even though I'm expecting them to be vague again because it's a paid stream. Wouldn't they make a public announcement, if they were clearly stating their intentions? Ah, just a few more hours...

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
The June 6 issue (available on May 30) of weekly magazine AERA will have their 4-page interview. They will also grace the cover.

The cover was just revealed. :love: :dbana:

ETA:

It's official that they're continuing!!! :bsplit::yahoo:

Machine translation:

Daisuke Takahashi decides to continue his career! He and Kana Muramoto will continue to compete as "Kanadai" next season.
27 May 2022, 19:12

The "adventure" of Kana Muramoto (right) and Daisuke Takahashi will continue (Tokyo Sport Web).

Daisuke Takahashi (36 = Kansai University KFSC), who is active in figure skating ice dancing, announced on the 27th that he intends to continue his career in the new season (2022-23). He continues the "Kanadai couple" with Kana Muramoto (29) and heads for his third year's challenge.

The two announced their challenge for next season in a video broadcast. They will also report to their fans on their new Instagram 'Kanadai Official Team'.

Last season, their second year, they won Japan's first silver medal at the Four Continents Championships. They showed amazing progression, including scoring Japan's highest ice dance score, but were unable to compete at the Beijing Olympics.

At the end of the season, Takahashi hinted that he would continue with his career, saying, "I think it's almost, sort of, decided", and added, "I hope we can challenge various things together again".

He retired in 2014 and made a surprise return in 2018. He has also surprised his fans by switching to ice dance. Next season, he will again bring us a new look.

Last edited: