Kaori Sakamoto | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Kaori Sakamoto

Karin.T

Spectator
Thank you for sharing!

Some people feel boring because her program is not included 3A or quad jumps, but I think her performance is dynamic! Difficult jumps such as 3A or quad are amazing to me, but I don’t want athlete to injure. I hope she will continue her career as figure skater longer and go to next Olympics.

Her smile makes me feel happy! Moreover, I really like conversation with Kaori and her coaches. I hope she will enjoy her life and live comfortable like eating scorn!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you for sharing!

Some people feel boring because her program is not included 3A or quad jumps, but I think her performance is dynamic! Difficult jumps such as 3A or quad are amazing to me, but I don’t want athlete to injure. I hope she will continue her career as figure skater longer and go to next Olympics.

Her smile makes me feel happy! Moreover, I really like conversation with Kaori and her coaches. I hope she will enjoy her life and live comfortable like eating scorn!
I love Kaori so much!! Love her personality!! Her programs this year aren’t as good as the programs from her past.

She was close to learning the 3A; and she attempted a 4T at 4CC. So, I imagine she has landed one in practice. But, the success rate must be pretty low.

Her coach mentioned though, that she cares for the longevity of her athletes. So, I think they scrapped her need to learn these jumps. I don’t think she needs them, if there is no Russia comeback.

Personally, I’m don’t mind seeing the top ladies attempt one ultra-c jump; But, the women are so inconsistent; she really doesn’t need to add any. She just needs to skate clean and her 3F-3T in the second half of both programs, plus, the 2A-3T-2T are hard enough.

triplelutzzzzz

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you for sharing!

Definitely agree!

She doesn't have some of the big jumps, but her technique with what she does have, is absolutely gorgeous as well as her incredible audience connection. She actually reminds me of Mai Mihara a bit in that way, lol. When Kaori skates, much like Mai, it feels like she brings you along with her. The story she's trying to tell sucks you in and takes you on the journey.

Some folks feel like this years programs are a let down, (which I understand, they are definitely a very different style, and do agree that some of her past programs were more to my personal tastes lol), but they are graceful and sweet, and they are really growing on me as the season continues!

Anyways, so happy she has a coach that puts so much focus on athletic longevity! Hope to see her for many years after this!!

noskates

Record Breaker
Have to say I never appreciated Kaori's skating prior to this year. She was athletic and did the jumps but the rest of it was meh! This year has been wonderful. Between her costuming, her choreography and her overall presentation coupled with her amazing athleticism she's skating lights out. Her team has "softened" her appearance and her "in-between" are smooth and airy. And, of course, the technical is always there. Congratulations Kaori!!

icewhite

Record Breaker
Have to say I never appreciated Kaori's skating prior to this year. She was athletic and did the jumps but the rest of it was meh! This year has been wonderful. Between her costuming, her choreography and her overall presentation coupled with her amazing athleticism she's skating lights out. Her team has "softened" her appearance and her "in-between" are smooth and airy. And, of course, the technical is always there. Congratulations Kaori!!

Well, like men women are not always soft... why should they always be so in figure skating?