Kim's representatives end Orser's coaching relationship threads merged | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Kim's representatives end Orser's coaching relationship threads merged

JulioP

Spectator
Maybe... But the fact is that no one confirmed what Brian said. So we can't believe him more than we believe ATS. And their words often contradict each other. Which means we can't even say if ATS was disrespectful to him before he went public with interviews and so.

As far as I know ATS didn't propose a joint public statement to Orser, a smart move for everyone, after they fired him; they didn't make any public statement about the dismissal and all that was disrepectful towards Orser and far before Orser's overreaction.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
JulioP
As far as I know ATS didn't propose a joint public statement to Orser, a smart move for everyone, after they fired him; they didn't make any public statement about the dismissal and all that was disrepectful towards Orser and far before Orser's overreaction.
Neither you, neither me know about this. What you do is simply believing Orser's words.
If he was fired/resigned on 23 Aug. , as ATS said, they had no time to propose anything and there is a possibility that they proposed something, but Brian went ahead.

jian10

Rinkside
JulioP

Neither you, neither me know about this. What you do is simply believing Orser's words.
If he was fired/resigned on 23 Aug. , as ATS said, they had no time to propose anything and there is a possibility that they proposed something, but Brian went ahead.

If my student wants to quit piano lesson with me, I would want them to talk about it with me first. In any employment prior to get fired/laid off, you get a notice. Apparently both Yu Na and ATS didn't think of it that way as she stated in her blog. Orser should have a notice requirement in his contract.

janetfan

Match Penalty
yes, PLEASE discuss the gymnastics in another thread...I thought this was a skating forum... :eek:hwell:

Sasha was a gymnast who had relatively clean breakups with her coaches. Yuna is such a great jumper that if she were a gymnast I wonder if the vault would be her best event? Or maybe the floor exercise where she could be more expressive and still use her jumping abilty in the tumbling passes.

And don't miss this: It's Nastia performing at a Skating and Gymnastics show. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiXknY3K3XI&feature=fvsr

And Yuna has used rhythmic gymnasts at her shows - so it looks like many fans of skating also like gymnastics. Yuna must like it too and although I haven't seen it I heard she had a great gymnast at a recent show. Any clips?

;)

seniorita

Record Breaker
yes, PLEASE discuss the gymnastics in another thread...I thought this was a skating forum... :eek:hwell:
but if you see it otherwise, we learnt so many things in this thread, that you cannot get sued easily in Canada, that Bagladesh people are not as happy as we thought, that Denmark people are probably always like this-->:biggrin:, that Miller is the No1 gymnast in Usa, that MaryLou was not satisfied with her coach and most important is that everything in universe (even Marylou) is connected with Michelle Kwan:rock:
:)

And we have a Yuna News thread also;)

MrBerkeley

On the Ice
but if you see it otherwise, we learnt so many things in this thread, that you cannot get sued easily in Canada, that Bagladesh people are not as happy as we thought, that Denmark people are probably always like this-->:biggrin:, that Miller is the No1 gymnast in Usa, that MaryLou was not satisfied with her coach and most important is that everything in universe (even Marylou) is connected with Michelle Kwan.

And we have a Yuna News thread also

:laugh::thumbsup:

I even stayed out of the gymnastics discussion but... :party: you can't fight destiny.

janetfan

Match Penalty
but if you see it otherwise, we learnt so many things in this thread, that you cannot get sued easily in Canada, that Bagladesh people are not as happy as we thought, that Denmark people are probably always like this-->:biggrin:, that Miller is the No1 gymnast in Usa, that MaryLou was not satisfied with her coach and most important is that everything in universe (even Marylou) is connected with Michelle Kwan:rock:

And we have a Yuna News thread also

:laugh: :laugh:
Well played seniorita!

sunny0760

On the Ice
And Yuna has used rhythmic gymnasts at her shows - so it looks like many fans of skating also like gymnastics. Yuna must like it too and although I haven't seen it I heard she had a great gymnast at a recent show. Any clips?

Festa on Ice 2009, Son Yeon Jae: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OvAlg1xCgc

Son, 16, won the recent competition in Korea. Sin Su Ji, 19, has been No 1 rhythmic gymnast for a while but this time Son beat Sin for the first time!

I don't think the recent Yuna show had a gymnast.:)

Daniel5555

On the Ice
jian10
If my student wants to quit piano lesson with me, I would want them to talk about it with me first. In any employment prior to get fired/laid off, you get a notice. Apparently both Yu Na and ATS didn't think of it that way as she stated in her blog. Orser should have a notice requirement in his contract.
We don't know if the original intention of ATS was to "fire" Orser or to have a temporary break up. I think it's more logically to think about temporary break up, because they didn't announce anything and didn't start to search for a new coach and later Yuna said that it became irreversible only a few days before she published her letter.
As about the contract, their contract ended in May (!) and wasn't renewed. Legally there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Layfan

Record Breaker
:)

And we have a Yuna News thread also;)

:laugh:

jian10

Rinkside
jian10

We don't know if the original intention of ATS was to "fire" Orser or to have a temporary break up. I think it's more logically to think about temporary break up, because they didn't announce anything and didn't start to search for a new coach and later Yuna said that it became irreversible only a few days before she published her letter.
As about the contract, their contract ended in May (!) and wasn't renewed. Legally there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Legally, yes. But considering what they have gone through together and what Orser had done for Yu Na, no, I don't think it was appropriate. If it was temporary, Orser should have known. He knew it wasn't temporary. For crying out loud, she shed tears in a Korean TV show saying how Orser and Willson took care of her and how much appreciative she was. They protected her through the Olympic. You saw how he was when Yu Na was competing. You saw how he was when Yu Na came to him after she finished her LP at the Olympic. Koreans thought Orser looked like he was looking at his proud daughter. Orser put heart and soul into this girl. I saw him getting teary eyes when he talked about possiblity of Yu Na's retirement. The least thing she and her mom could do was to talk about the problems openly with Orser and at least to give him some kind of a notice.

I'm afraid they might have broken his heart a little bit.

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
Legally, yes. But considering what they have gone through together and what Orser had done for Yu Na, no, I don't think it was appropriate. If it was temporary, Orser should have known. He knew it wasn't temporary. For crying out loud, she shed tears in a Korean TV show saying how Orser and Willson took care of her and how much appreciative she was. They protected her through the Olympic. You saw how he was when Yu Na was competing. You saw how he was when Yu Na came to him after she finished her LP at the Olympic. Koreans thought Orser looked like he was looking at his proud daughter. Orser put heart and soul into this girl. I saw him getting teary eyes when he talked about possiblity of Yu Na's retirement. The least thing she and her mom could do was to talk about the problems openly with Orser and at least to give him some kind of a notice.

I respect your opinion.

I believe Orser might have broken Yuna's heart as much...

It is time...to move on...Yuna, Orser and all of us...we fans.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
jian10

"Should have known" is debatable, he said himself that he was confused and, maybe, he wasn't understanding what's going on.
We don't know who or what originated the problem, so we don't know who's more at fault.
ATS and Yuna claimed that they didn't do anything disrespectful to Brian.

I also wrote some time ago about how much Yuna meant for Brian... But we should also look from the other side. It's pretty clear that Brian meant very much for Yuna, probably even more than she meant for him. She could consider him as a part of her family and that may be the reason why she doesn't want to disclose the reasons behind the split. I also don't doubt about her trust to Brian. So while we don't know if she was disrespectful to him, we do know that he hurt her very much with his words and laments to the press and he knew about it, yet he didn't stop hurting her (his almost daughter, as you said).
I'm sure that he indeed broke Yuna's heart and not a little bit.

Layfan

Record Breaker
^ I guess. But Brian did have his own dignity and career and reputation to defend. And after ATS put out that news release saying that things had been tense since May, you think Brian didn't have the right to speak out on his own behalf? If he hadn't that would have been the last word out there, hanging out there, marring Brian's name.
I suppose that out of some sort of chivalry, he could have just kept quiet and let ATS keeping putting out insinuatingly snide remarks. But that's not really very realistic. Poor Yuna in all of this. First she falls out with her coach and then her management completely fails her in the PR department.