1. Yukina Ota (JPN)
2. Cynthia Phaneuf (CAN)
3. Amber Corwin (USA) :) :) :love: :love:
4. Joannie Rochette (CAN)
5. Jennifer Robinson (CAN) :(
6. Yukari Nakano (JPN) :(
7. Angela Nikodinov (USA) :cry:
8. Yoshie Onda (JPN) :cry: :cry: :cry:

What an unbelievably horrible/terrible/gosh awful/hideous year it has been for me, as regards skating........no lie......right from the start. Don't like COP as it is now (regression, no progression). And just in general. Now I know that none of my favorites will do well at Worlds (aka Carolina Kostner, Miki Ando, & Sasha Cohen). Bad luck throughout the year (no b.s.). Ah well... better luck next time (yeah right)...:\

MODIFIED TO ADD: oops, can't forget Jennifer Kirk........another favorite of mine.......and, of course, Michelle Kwan will win Worlds hands down, which I honestly don't mind (she's American & the only WARHORSE that consistently kicks ***)

GOOOOOOOOOO AMERICAN TEAM (aka Michelle, Sasha & Jennifer)!!!

Last edited:

Tania

Spectator
Hurray for Cynthia!!! Both terrific tech and presentation marks.

She just proved to the "/$??&%$ at Skate Canada that she can handle the pressure.

Only Canada wouldn't send the Ladies champ to Worlds to protect her from the pressure cooker at Worlds. It did Lipinski the world of good!!!

skatepixie

On the Ice
Nadine-We dont know that Sasha wont kick butt at worlds. Look what she did at Nats right after being sick. Have faith!

Nadine

Record Breaker
skatepixie said:
Nadine-We dont know that Sasha wont kick butt at worlds. Look what she did at Nats right after being sick. Have faith!

Don't mind me, skatepixie.......seriously.......keep the faith (there's still a kernel of it simmering in my soul, no lie). :) That said, I just kicked my supposed "good luck" candle & turned off my gosh awful "Believe" music (suuuuuure ;) ). And put on my Led Zeppelin (aka "Whole Lotta Love") music!!! YESSSSS!!!! :love:

:love:HAVE A FLAMING FRIDAY NIGHT Y'ALL & AN ENJOYABLE WEEKEND! :love:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
FINAL RESULTS:

1. Yukina Ota (JPN)
2. Cynthia Phaneuf (CAN)
3. Amber Corwin (USA)
4. Joannie Rochette (CAN)
5. Jennifer Robinson (CAN)
6. Yukari Nakano (JPN)
7. Angela Nikodinov (USA)
8. Yoshie Onda (JPN)
I picked Ota to win this one, for once I was right:)

Spark

Rinkside
Realtorgal, I posted a link to a couple articles about Skate Canada's decision not to send Phaneuf to worlds in the Canadian championships section. I'll post them again here if anyone's interested. The official story was that Phaneuf's coach thought she should get more international experience before she goes to the worlds, but rumours have been circulating that it was mostly Skate Canada's decision.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...onals_phaneuf_1

and another article with a much different tone here:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...geid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1073777105357

I am very surprised and pleased with Cynthia's winning the free skate here. She's an exciting young skater and IMO she's as ready as she'll ever be for international competition. I think SC mostly wants to send Robinson because they think she'll perform better at worlds and Canada would have a better chance of sending two women next year instead of just one, and before nationals and 4CC I would have thought so too. Now I think they should have just gone with the nationals results and chosen Cynthia and Joannie. But we'll see how this strategizing works. :rolleye:

Kenji

Rinkside
Yukina!

Yukina, congratulations on your first title of international senior competition!:laugh: :love:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Way to go Amber for holding onto third...........thanks again Nadine for a great job of reporting and keeping us up to date....42

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
OMG! Totally unbelievable!!!! Good for Yukina and Amber though :)

dewet

Final Flight
1 Cynthia PHANEUF CAN

5.3 5.4 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.5 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.7
5.5 5.5 5.5 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.6 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.7 5.8 5.8

Good marks for her first senior competition!

Good for Yukina, too.

The three biggest events so far have been won by the Japanese. Ando-JGPF, Suguri-GPF, and 4CC- Ota.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Congrats Ota!! :love: Can't wait to see it on tv.

Yay Cynthia!... hope this was experience enough for next year's Worlds. :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And congratulations to Angela. You actually fought back after a horrible beginning of the program. And landed a triple right at the end of the program.

I am looking forward to seeing Angela in the GP next year, when her recovery is more nearly complete.

4cc's was definitely better for her than nationals. A clean short, and didn't give up in the long.

And so glad for Amber to win a medal; she's been trying so hard all year, and has made a lot of improvements. Hoping to see more improvements next year.

kasia16

On the Ice
Cograts to Yukina!!!!:) :laugh: :)

I can't believe it... I woke up (now is about 10 a.m.), turned on my computer and thought...I want to see her on the podium!

But she's FIRST !!! It's amazing! I'm really really happpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy!!!

Thank's a lot Yuka...

...and of course Nadine for great posting :love:

greetings

Last edited:

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Can't wait to see this on TV - really want to see Ota and Phaneuf. Seems like Phaneuf proved Canadians wasn't a fluke. Good for her.

Edited to add - glad that Amber has had success this season. Don't care for her skating, but I have tremendous respect for her hard work and stick-to-itness. Nice to see it pay off.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Angela landed a triple at the end of her program. Wow....maybe she is fighting to make a come-back. That would be something to see.....42

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Kara Bear said:
Skate Canada is INSANE for not sending Cynthia to worlds. INSANE!!!!!!
You have to remember that Cynthia's coaches asked SC to NOT sent her to Worlds and instead have her go to Jr. Worlds. Although I have to think that it may change, but probably won't. Remember that back in 2000 Annie Bellemare was the surprise bronze medalist at Four Continents and people said that they should send her to Worlds instead of Jennifer. Jennifer ended up finishing 8th in Nice and allowed 2 skaters the following year.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)