Ladies - Short Program - Comments | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program - Comments

Kwanfordwife,
My mistake, as you now know. All apologies. I'm old enough to be making such stupid mistakes, but it's no excuse.

Rgirl

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
:rofl:
Rgirl said:
Kwanfordwife,
My mistake, as you now know. All apologies. I'm old enough to be making such stupid mistakes, but it's no excuse.

Rgirl

it's all good... i needed something to giggle at! like i said, it took me a second to figure it all out... Haapy Friday!

KW

Kwanford Wife said:

it's all good... i needed something to giggle at! like i said, it took me a second to figure it all out... Haapy Friday!

KW
Glad you had a giggle instead of some kind of health crisis. I should have taken another second (or 10) to look at that results page, lol.

You're awfully good to me, Kwanford Wife. And I think now I should take a nap until ESPN shows tonight's whatever. In my current state, I could see little pink Christina Aguileras skating across the screen.

Happy Friday back atcha!
Rgirl

Rgirl said:
Also, one of the points of the COP (how's that for great writing MM, lol?)
Made my day, rofl.

Speaking of up-and-coming countries, wait till Yu-na Kim gets old enough to skate for Korea in seniors. They can also recruit Naomi Nari Nam and that Scotswoman, Ann Patrice McDonough, and field a powerhouse.
But I am disappointed that the girl from Bosnia-Herzegovina (by way of Chicago) had to withdraw. Her SP music was "Summin the Worms," "Rears is the Mind Killer," and "My Skin is not my Own." I looked forward to the interpretation.

MM

PS. I couldn't believe this (it's from the ISU web site), and sure enough, it should be "Summon the Worms," and "Fear is the Mind Killer," LOL.

Last edited:
Mathman said:
Made my day, rofl.

Speaking of up-and-coming countries, wait till Yu-na Kim gets old enough to skate for Korea in seniors. They can also recruit Naomi Nari Nam and that Scotswoman, Ann Patrice McDonough, and field a powerhouse.
But I am disappointed that the girl from Bosnia-Herzegovina (by way of Chicago) had to withdraw. Her SP music was "Summin the Worms," "Rears is the Mind Killer," and "My Skin in not my Own." I looked forward to the interpretation.

MM

PS. I couldn't believe this (it's from the ISU web site), and sure enough, it should be "Summon the Worms," and "Fear is the Mind Killer," LOL.
Just before I knock off, the names of those music selections, both versions, made my day.

Man, I have got to get an I-Pod!

Rgirl

mzheng

Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Unless you've seen the programs and know the judging system inside and out, that's perhaps going a bit too far to use the word "cheating."
Let's just say the fans just feel that's not the way FS used to be judged. Even though judge might actually strictly judge according to the specification, which I seriously doubt. But that dosn't mean the system or at least the points and specifications were complete reasonable.

I've seen the stream feeds there is no way Irina should be the first in SP, overall may be, but short?

Rochiate was seriously undermarked in PCS, come on Miki and Sokolov score over Rochiate in SS? What a joke.

soogar

Record Breaker
I'm not going to hijack the Rochette fans thread but I have irrational hatred of Joannie Rochette's skating. I will take a Miki and Elena over Joannie anyday. The way Elena skated in this Worlds for her SP was the best I have ever seen her skate. I also love Miki's skating though I don't disagree with her placement b/c she really had simple elements.

I don't know why I dislike her skating so much but she looks so mechanical. She kind of reminds me of Carly Patterson.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Sk8n Mama said:
. A little "to Russia with love" from the ISU.
And in exchange for the Russian federation to support the CoP. not matter what. You know it's a big federation.

And on a side note. The FSW fisco at 2003 DC Worlds did a little disservice to US..

:rock: Even more politics than ever ever.

mzheng

Record Breaker
soogar said:
I just saw the complete results... no way should MK have pulled higher scores for skating skills etc than Arakawa. The only place MK should be leading is the technical mark b/c she landed all of her jumps perfectly.

No way Sasha should score higher SS to either Michelle or Shiz either.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Spin get rewarded in TES score already. Extension never knew its a required critirias in SS.

kyla2

Final Flight
My Opinion

Irina is clearly being held up, and yes, there is an agenda to support Irina because she skated the GP series even though she had been ill, and Michelle and Sasha didn't skate in the GP. They are also responding to her hard luck year. It isn't right, but that's what they are doing. The only way Sasha or anyone else can win this is for them to have great skates and Irina to have such a disasterous skate, they can't give her the gold. It certainly could happen, but that's the only scenario I see where someone else could win. Irina's SP performance shouldn't have been rewarded the way it was by any method of judging.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
ISU may be holding Irina up because she skated the GP or because she's skating at home. No way are they holding her up because of her illness.............that would mean the ISU has a heart. By Kwan's performance in the SP we now know that she can skate a CoP friendly program. Pretty good considering this is only her second competition for "Spartacus".

Kuchana

On the Ice
Piel said:
By Kwan's performance in the SP we now know that she can skate a CoP friendly program. Pretty good considering this is only her second competition for "Spartacus".

And where are all of the naysayers who said Kwan would be buried by the COP system eh?????

lavender

Record Breaker
Kuchana said:
And where are all of the naysayers who said Kwan would be buried by the COP system eh?????

They are celebrating because Kwan is probably done and might not medal.

rain

Record Breaker
I'm Canadian, and I was appalled by Joannie Rochette's scores in the short - making the declaration just to get it out there right up front.

In my estimation this is how the ladies should have ranked in the short:

1.Carolina Kostner - she clearly had the best skate of the night - squeaky clean and the most technically difficult
2. Sasha Cohen - had a bobble on her spiral, but the quality of her other elements is such that I think she made up for it. Nobody sells a program like this girl.
3. Joannie Rochette - squeaky clean program and beautifully performed - she was the most undermarked skater of the night by a long stretch. She should be competing for a medal.
4. Michelle Kwan - Clean performance, but not inspired in my book. Her spins were not of the quality of Rochette's, which is why I would give her the edge.
5. Arakawa - Arakawa, Kwan and Rochette should have ended up with virtually the same point totals, IMO. Arakawa had a more difficult combination with the loop, but a mistake on her other triple.
6. Miki Ando - She had lovely jumps tonight with the most difficult combo of the field, but her other elements were, frankly, weak. Her spins were slow and uninspired, her spiral was also slow and laboured. Overall, her presentation was decidedly lacking.
7. Irina Slutskaya - Did she ever recieve a gift from the judges. Two major errors on elements and she's in first in the short? No way, not on this night, in this field. This gold medal is going to be handed to her, no matter how lackluster her performances.
8. Elena Sokolova - Great to see someone who looked happy out there, but overall she didn't have the speed or presentation of the top skaters and she double-footed her triple jump.
9. Fumie Suguri - The fall cost her, as it should have. Too many great performances for her to hang in there.

-I did not see Poykio, as CBC didn't show her

gracefulswan

On the Ice
Vash01 said:
Sasha did not skate a perfect program so you cannot complain. The final marks are the sum total of everything the skater did; not just one or two elements that were done great or not so great. There is a lot of prejudging going on on boards right now. Why don't you wait until you have actually SEEN the competition?

neither did slute..not by a long shot and with more errors.. and how in the world would you know if i did or did not SEE their performances already? for all you know i could be in moscow... as i've been to russia a few times. yea, i saw them alright, just not live. have you? quit assuming things before you know what you're talking about. oh, you can stop defending irina's sloppy performances all the time.