Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

ChrisH

On the Ice
JPN FUMIE

3lutz?/2toe
3?
Yeah, I think that she slightly two-footed the 3Lz and two-footed the 3F. Both triples were questionable on rotations.

Fumie appears slimmer than last year?

So does Joannie, but that may be just because she's less stiff. Joannie is like a different person this year. It also showed in the preview picture of her that was linked to yesterday.

Okami

On the Ice
I still can't believe Fumie is in the lead. I don't think she skated clean once last season.

Working with Morozov seems to agree with her. At Japanese regionals this season she beat Yukari Nakano both in SP and LP.

I really liked her program. Her weakness seems to be the layback spin (after her injury she just can't seem to achieve a good back position) and the stamina. Presentation and the height on the jumps were really nice, perhaps the best in a few seasons! :) I wish her luck. :)

enlight78

Medalist
CAN JOANNIE

2A
3flip(turn out)/2toe
fly sit
3lutz
good comb spin
footwork
nice spiral
layback spin

score 64.74 1st

london_calling

On the Ice
Caroline fell on her first jump but skated okay after that. I don't think she related that well to the music and seemed a little slow out there.

lmarie086

Medalist
Caroline a bit tentative...she didn't seem to relate to the music a whole lot. Didn't complete the combination-fell on the first jump but she seemed ok after that. Speed has improved overall, but still slow in a few spots.

enlight78

Medalist
USA CAROLINE

fall 3lutz
3loop/2toe
2A
comb spin
footwork
spiral
layback/pearl/beilman

score 53.28 3rd