Latvia JGP competitors | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Latvia JGP competitors

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Matyas!!!!! :love::luv17: its been ages since the last time i saw him, missed him a lot

Kara

Final Flight
I'm not seeing Yunkyung Kam listed as an entry for KOR despite being listed for Latvia on this page: http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2017/jgpsladies.htm :confused: Please just tell me it's a mistake on the Latvia competitor's list page..:hpull:

Edit: From what I can make of Bing's poor translations, some Korean fans on twitter are saying she's injured??:sad4::sad46: Of course her health is more important, but I'm more mad at the KSF right now. Their sub listing is pathetic. Even if you don't intend on subbing them in, it's for emergency cases like this that a skater has to WD due to injury that you have just about everyone listed as a sub.:palmf: Why is Eunsoo even listed as a sub when she's entered for Austria and Latvia is only a week later?? Move aside, I'll take over their jobs any day. Even I could do better than this. I'm so depressed right now. Yunkyung baby...:sad46::(

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
II'm more mad at the KSF right now. Their sub listing is pathetic. Even if you don't intend on subbing them in, it's for emergency cases like this that a skater has to WD due to injury that you have just about everyone listed as a sub.

I know, but sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Maybe they will. I'm sorry about Yungkyung.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm not seeing Yunkyung Kam listed as an entry for KOR despite being listed for Latvia on this page: http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2017/jgpsladies.htm :confused: Please just tell me it's a mistake on the Latvia competitor's list page..:hpull:

Edit: From what I can make of Bing's poor translations, some Korean fans on twitter are saying she's injured??:sad4::sad46: Of course her health is more important, but I'm more mad at the KSF right now. Their sub listing is pathetic. Even if you don't intend on subbing them in, it's for emergency cases like this that a skater has to WD due to injury that you have just about everyone listed as a sub.:palmf: Why is Eunsoo even listed as a sub when she's entered for Austria and Latvia is only a week later?? Move aside, I'll take over their jobs any day. Even I could do better than this. I'm so depressed right now. Yunkyung baby...:sad46::(

This is usually done to make it easier to move assignments around if needed. Even though at this point, switching Eunsoo out wouldn't happen since Austria is this week, there are deadlines for submitting at least initial entries. Sometimes countries end up switching skaters around even before they do their first assignment of the season. Or a skater may be dealing with injury recovery and need an extra week.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Typical! My fellow Ulsterman gets one assignment this season, and it just has to be at one of the competitions that is on when I am on holidays. :bang: :bang: :bang:

So, I would like to take this opportunity to say:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST SAM MCALLISTER!!!!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Kara

Final Flight
This is usually done to make it easier to move assignments around if needed. Even though at this point, switching Eunsoo out wouldn't happen since Austria is this week, there are deadlines for submitting at least initial entries. Sometimes countries end up switching skaters around even before they do their first assignment of the season. Or a skater may be dealing with injury recovery and need an extra week.

I can see why she's there, but I don't understand why she was one of the only 2 subs listed for Latvia. If anything, all of the JGP participants for Korea should be listed as subs as Russia and Japan are doing. Of course, Korea is no Russia so it's more likely than not that there won't be any switching out of girls, but it takes like how many more entries to submit this kind of stuff and can act as insurance in case something like this happens. They didn't even use the sub and withdrew her, basically screwing her over for a second go at the JGP, though I don't know how serious her injury is and whether she'll be out the entire season now.:sad4: I'm probably irrationally getting irritated about it because I was really looking forward to seeing Yunkyung.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Oh no! I was so looking forward to seeing them :( Do you know why? Injury? Lack of prep? I hope they didn't split up because I heard he was doing singles as well as dance...

I haven't found any reason for their withdrawal just yet. Takumi's most recent competition (in singles) was earlier this month. I've been concerned with the fact that he continues to skate both disciplines for the exact reasons you've mentioned. It seems many of the Japanese boys rotate in then back out of Ice Dance, possibly because their jumps progress or lack of ice time with their partners. It's worrisome that Utakumi are still not assigned to a later JGP. Their debut was highly anticipated by many Japanese fans. At least they currently remain on JSF's support list for this season. (which unfortunately makes me think of injury)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ignatov is no longer on the entry list. Danielian is the other Russian entry now.

:dumb: Don't understand that at all. Unless of course Makar is injured, but Artur is currently 10th in the Moscow competition, behind a lot of other good boys on the substitute list.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Ignatov is no longer on the entry list. Danielian is the other Russian entry now.
I am curious if this is due to Ignatov's bad performances both at the test skates and Stage I of the St. Petersburg Cup. I wonder if they are taking him out completely or moving him to later events.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
:dumb: Don't understand that at all. Unless of course Makar is injured, but Artur is currently 10th in the Moscow competition, behind a lot of other good boys on the substitute list.
We'll have to wait till the FS. Artur is actually not bad at all in terms of his skating - but the main thing of course is that his coach is Buianova :rolleye:. At least I hope she has got the message and takes that lip out of the SP before Artur shows up at international competitions.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
We'll have to wait till the FS. Artur is actually not bad at all in terms of his skating - but the main thing of course is that his coach is Buianova :rolleye:. At least I hope she has got the message and takes that lip out of the SP before Artur shows up at international competitions.
Oh, that woman... I even feel cold right now. Just let her do whatever she wants, EXCEPT the Russian Nationals 2018. I love Elena and Maria, but they capable to do well without her "magic". Hope there won't be crazy high PCS and GOE +1-3 for UR or not clean landed jumps, just because she is their coach.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Danielyan bombed - 15th(!) place, with a combined score of 160.69. If he keeps his spots there's no justice. Georgy Kunitsa was the highest scorer of boys on the sub list and of course I'm rooting for him, and I think Makar deserves a chance...but we'll see what the Fed does.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Makar IGNATOV replaces Artur DANIELIAN for Russia

South Korea Pairs Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM removed

Israel Pairs Hailey Esther KOPS / Artem TSOGLIN removed

UK Ice Dance Leticia MARSH / Elliot VERBURG (and all subs) removed

OP updated accordingly.