Mai Mihara | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Mai Mihara

gotoschool

Medalist
Without question Mai's 4CC's victory proved yet again what fools the JSF are and how she should have gone to the Olympics and Worlds. It is a great and blatant offense by the JSF to stiff her in this manifestly unjust way to attain some sense of false equivalent representation between coaches, and I am confident that is why they did it.

skatespin

On the Ice
Without question Mai's 4CC's victory proved yet again what fools the JSF are and how she should have gone to the Olympics and Worlds. It is a great and blatant offense by the JSF to stiff her in this manifestly unjust way to attain some sense of false equivalent representation between coaches, and I am confident that is why they did it.(
I agree with you. I would have nominated Mai to the Olympic team over Mana. It is insane that they didn't at least name her to Worlds.

gotoschool

Medalist
While a certain group of skaters has been given teflon protection and inflation under the system outside of Japan, this year's Worlds is potentially setting up to reveal the true depth of corruption in the JSF since something utterly unprecedented may happen. Based on the current competitors allowed to compete at Worlds, Mai Mihara, the second highest scoring skater and the champion of the 4CC's will not even be allowed to compete based on the biased political expedience of her own federation and the blatant discrimination is committed against an athlete and artist who has suffered and recovered in an inspirational way from a chronic illness to skate even greater. The injustice stings in an even more bitter way since Mai and Kaori (who is an excellent skater and cherished for her close friendship with Mai) are both students of the same coach and going into Worlds it is debatable as to who really performed better in my opinion, yet one is in a position to win Worlds while the other isn't even allowed to compete at either the Olympics or Worlds. I am calling this out as the greatest injustice in the history of figure skating. The JSF has created a martyr out of Mai.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
While a certain group of skaters has been given teflon protection and inflation under the system outside of Japan, this year's Worlds is potentially setting up to reveal the true depth of corruption in the JSF since something utterly unprecedented may happen. Based on the current competitors allowed to compete at Worlds, Mai Mihara, the second highest scoring skater and the champion of the 4CC's will not even be allowed to compete based on the biased political expedience of her own federation and the blatant discrimination is committed against an athlete and artist who has suffered and recovered in an inspirational way from a chronic illness to skate even greater. The injustice stings in an even more bitter way since Mai and Kaori (who is an excellent skater and cherished for her close friendship with Mai) are both students of the same coach and going into Worlds it is debatable as to who really performed better in my opinion, yet one is in a position to win Worlds while the other isn't even allowed to compete at either the Olympics or Worlds. I am calling this out as the greatest injustice in the history of figure skating. The JSF has created a martyr out of Mai.
They certainly did big mistake. Now everytime Kawabe is not performing well, it only looks worse for JSF, considering Mai has great consistency and would have easily scored higher. We don't forget about Mai in competition thread. I just heard she graduated from college, so congratulations to Mai! :hap10: