Max Aaron | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Agree that the absence of Josh is a bummer.

The selection of photos definitely is arbitrary.
Polina Edmunds was left out as well.
As were U.S. medalists Karen Chen, Hubbell/Donohue, Hawayek/Baker.
Max Settlage's photo cartoons were included :), but real-life Maddie/Max on ice were not :eek:hwell:.

And I did not mean to make too much of Max A being the first photo.
Lucky timing was in his favor, b/c he was a star of the U.S. Classic, the first big international of the season.

Polina was at US Classic as well and won.

my only guess is they really want to send the message "We don't care about 4CC"

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
USFS are confusing at the best of times.

Meanwhile, we now know why Phillip said in the interview he was going to Arizona to see Max:

(And naughty Max has been on Twitter!)

So glad to be done with finals! Can't wait to head out to AZ to spend some time with family and friends!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Mini-video of Max promoting his MK Phantom Revolution Blades:

... A little befuddled at the exclusion of the third member of our Golden Trio. The breakout Nationals performance? The silver medal at 4CC? None of this warranted inclusion?

Polina was at US Classic as well and won.

my only guess is they really want to send the message "We don't care about 4CC"

Sorry, I had forgotten that Polina won Four Continents. Stitch's theory unfortunately seems reasonable :think:.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Follow-up re Josh and Polina:

Nice footage of both is :) in today's patriotic USFS Memorial Day salute video (1:38).
The link to the unlisted video is in this USFS tweet:

(Not a complaint, but an FYI: Max is not seen skating, but he appears in some of the Team USA WTT still images within the video. Again, only an FYI. Not a complaint.)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the FYI. Max in a suit pics make any video good. :eek::

(I see a lot of people saying "Happy Memorial Day"? Is that a thing? I feel kind of weird saying "happy" Memorial Day - isn't it about veterans? Like if someone said "Happy ANZAC Day" to me I would give them a really weird look because it's not really happy, it's a commemoration. Yes/no?)

Anyway, it is also Molly's birthday today! Happy birthday Molly!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, many Americans often misunderstand the meaning of Memorial Day. It's specifically to honor thise veterans who died in service, but it's become another holiday for some to honor the military in general. Veteran's Day (in November) is the holiday to acknowledge all millitary service people.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for the FYI. Max in a suit pics make any video good. :eek::

(I see a lot of people saying "Happy Memorial Day"? Is that a thing? I feel kind of weird saying "happy" Memorial Day - isn't it about veterans? Like if someone said "Happy ANZAC Day" to me I would give them a really weird look because it's not really happy, it's a commemoration. Yes/no?)

Anyway, it is also Molly's birthday today! Happy birthday Molly!

Yes, many Americans often misunderstand the meaning of Memorial Day. It's specifically to honor thise veterans who died in service, but it's become another holiday for some to honor the military in general. Veteran's Day (in November) is the holiday to acknowledge all millitary service people.

As in Max's sister, Molly?

Yes, Molly Aaron turned 25 :hb:, and both Max and Maddie were home to celebrate with her :cool:.

Agree with both karne and Mrs. P re Memorial Day in the U.S.
Weird to my ear to say Happy Memorial Day.
And I wish that the focus remained on honoring the fallen.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, as a "happy Memorial Day" person, I will have to agree to disagree that the salutation is incorrect. Memorial Day is indeed the day for honoring those who have died in military service. My grandmother called it "Decoration Day", it's older name, and we put flowers on my parents' grave ( buried at Wasington Crossing Natl Cemetery, although they did not die in service). I can see where one might find "happy" disconcerting, but I use it nonetheless.

But I am happy to see the WTT Max SP:cheer2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I uploaded an HD version of Max's SP from WTT (commentary removed).

I have also annotated my 'old' low-fi clip of Max's SP to link to this new HD version.

2015 WTT - Max Aaron SP HD (no commentary)

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Max and the Professor!!!!!! :love: :love:

THIS is what I wanted to see. This is what I was hoping for! Max and the Professor! Oh, what I wouldn't give to know what they worked on! To know what the Professor said to Max, to know what he thought of Max's jumps, of his skating, of everything!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Responding to karne's post elsewhere ;):

Maybe an old Max costume was the inspiration for Vincent Zhou's in the recent Santa Fe photos?

See Max's SP photo at 2013 Skate America:

ETA:
Upon closer inspection, I think Vincent was wearing Max's old costume itself? Would explain the loose fit on VZ. (LOL, maybe that is why I at first did not recognize it as exactly the same costume ;).) The ribbing on the arms and surrounding the black V-neck seems to be identical for Max and VZ. #TeamTomZ
https://govincentzhou.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/img_1097.jpg

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aha! You're absolutely right. That was one of Max's (many) costumes for the samba SP. Glad to see it's still getting around, though I had wondered if it would be re-appropriated for Nessun Dorma. That would also explain the loose fitting! (Poor Vincent - he must have known there was no chance of him "filling out" this costume in the near future!)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:yay:

Skate America is good, gives him and the new programs some exposure, and TEB is also great because he's never been!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
One of the many things I love about Max is that for him, representing his country is always an honour, and he always expresses his gratitude for that. It's how it should be but sadly, so many representative athletes do forget after a while. (I'm still cheesed off at the Kangaroos for their poor attitude during the ANZAC Test.)

And I'll bet he's happy to hanging with his bro Jason at Skate America too!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I am so glad TSL reposted the audio of their interview with him, which I had never heard - he was really great, and I'm wishing all the best for him this season.