Max Aaron | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason and Max did fairly well at WTT, so let's hope the trend continues at SA ... and Max should have that much more ballerina (really don't know or care about the actual "male word) love to spread around!:cheer2:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You know, I keep closing my eyes and envisaging it...the ChSq, and the crowd is clapping along, and then he goes into the spin...the crowd starts applauding...he comes out of the spin and they start to stand...

I am sure it will be so.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Cooking class shenanigans!

From Maddie's instagram: we take cooking class a little too seriously! Featuring Maddie, Max, Max2, Angela, and...um...

And Alex Johnson :cool:. Thx for the great photo, which I will be stealing :) for the Maddie/Max thread.

I want video of the cooking class shenanigans :laugh:.

LOL that the others have small props (whisk, spatula, etc.) in hand, whereas Max A (true to form ;)) is hoisting the giant cutting board over his shoulder.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ice Hall shenanigans (see the photos attached to the tweet):

BroadmoorWorldArena ‏@bworldarena
.@MaxTAaron @mirai_nagasu @ChrisKnierim @lexxapaige know how to calm the Zambonis #JurassicZoo #prattkeeping
3:57 PM - 19 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/bworldarena/status/612031452482396160

One of the pics also is on Facebook, with a more expansive caption:

Stupid question:
I know about the new Jurassic sequel, and I know that Chris Pratt is the star.
But is #prattkeeping a new Internet meme?​

Last edited:

charmblade

Final Flight
Yes, a bunch of zookeepers around the country started the trend with their various animals and it seems to have progressed to other versions like this one. All with the main person (zookeeper, skater, whatever) taking that stance that Chris Pratt does in fending off the raptors and doing it before whatever they are "holding back". Usually something innocuous like chickens or in this case zambonis.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, a bunch of zookeepers around the country started the trend with their various animals and it seems to have progressed to other versions like this one. All with the main person (zookeeper, skater, whatever) taking that stance that Chris Pratt does in fending off the raptors and doing it before whatever they are "holding back". Usually something innocuous like chickens or in this case zambonis.

:cool: Thanks for answering my question :).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And Alex Johnson :cool:.

You know, I stared at the picture for five minutes trying to figure out who the other guy was. Of course it was Alex. *facepalm*

Ice Hall shenanigans (see the photos attached to the tweet):

BroadmoorWorldArena ‏@bworldarena
.@MaxTAaron @mirai_nagasu @ChrisKnierim @lexxapaige know how to calm the Zambonis #JurassicZoo #prattkeeping
3:57 PM - 19 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/bworldarena/status/612031452482396160

One of the pics also is on Facebook, with a more expansive caption:

BEST.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max and Father's Day:

Happy Father's Day wishes from Max, the Shibutanis, and Gracie Gold:
https://youtu.be/N7jYV75gT_g (Jun 21 USFS video montage, 0:29 in length)​

ETA:

And better yet, Max is one of the athletes quoted in the USOC Words of Wisdom From Their Dads round-up:
2013 U.S. figure skating champion Max Aaron: “No matter what you do in life, ALWAYS give it everything you have and no matter what happens, I’ll still be proud of you."
http://www.teamusa.org/News/2015/Ju...-Words-Of-Wisdom-From-Their-Dads?sf10162699=1 (Jun 19)​
Very nice to see Max back on the USOC site :).

Jason Brown, Gracie Gold, and Polina Edmunds were the other skaters included among athletes from many sports in this article.​

ETA:

@MaxTAaron
Happy Fathers Day to the greatest dad ever! Thank you for everything you do for our family! :)
4:52 PM - 21 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/MaxTAaron/status/612770092040876032

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
My observations on my second attempt to post in my to limbo between exhausted and awake

Congrats, his jumps are art in person.

He made a point of hugging a fan that tossed him somthing, he Nathan Chen and Courtney hicks were best at fan service

He has the best engine but I wish he would stop makeing sure his underware band was visable.

He also was as expected very sweet and friendly to competitors. But he seemed to view the cones as a suggestion rather than a boundry.

I also think he is working on his calves more. His upper leg area did not look smaller but his calves look more balanced now. Have I mentioned he is really good laugh looking in person? He is one that just gets an extra wow live.

Also my better half decided that filming Jason automatically meant filming max too. So hopefully some came out postable. Though I think his is the one with him cursing angrily at the end at his phone.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congrats to Max for Freezer win :yay:.

Still photo of Max and Tom Z waiting for a Freezer score:

(Will come back and copy video + more photos into the thread.)

My observations on my second attempt to post in my to limbo between exhausted and awake

Congrats, his jumps are art in person.

He made a point of hugging a fan that tossed him somthing, he Nathan Chen and Courtney hicks were best at fan service

He has the best engine but I wish he would stop makeing sure his underware band was visable.

He also was as expected very sweet and friendly to competitors. But he seemed to view the cones as a suggestion rather than a boundry.

I also think he is working on his calves more. His upper leg area did not look smaller but his calves look more balanced now. Have I mentioned he is really good laugh looking in person? He is one that just gets an extra wow live.

Also my better half decided that filming Jason automatically meant filming max too. So hopefully some came out postable. Though I think his is the one with him cursing angrily at the end at his phone.

Stitch, thank you so much :yay:. Enjoyed all your positive comments about Max on and off ice.
Most entertaining line ;) :cool:: "But he seemed to view the cones as a suggestion rather than a boundry." :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

For this, we need a "giggling" emoticon rather than just the laughing ones! Do you mean that he was adjusting himself a lot? I have noticed it seems to be a nervous tic of his, it just happens to draw attention to said engine. :eek::

I have been told that he is even better looking in person! I can't wait to see it for myself. Did you get to meet him face to face? :)

I look forward to the videos (angry cursing and all) when you have the leisure to upload them :)

Most entertaining line "But he seemed to view the cones as a suggestion rather than a boundry."

The mental picture this calls forth is Max prowling the coned-off area like a caged lion, or a thoroughbred in the starting gate, supremely athletic and raring to go...and sometimes straying a little way out of the cones. I am sure Jason would not have minded, and I am sure Max was careful to stay out of the way, even when he prowled over the suggestions anyway. :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
...The mental picture this calls forth is Max prowling the coned-off area like a caged lion, or a thoroughbred in the starting gate, supremely athletic and raring to go...and sometimes straying a little way out of the cones. I am sure Jason would not have minded, and I am sure Max was careful to stay out of the way, even when he prowled over the suggestions anyway. :laugh:

Thx :) for expressing what I was thinking much better than I did myself.
Agree that upstanding Max would never forget his respect for fair competition and for his fellow skaters. I was laughing (with Max, not at Max) for his modus of 1000% in/"bring it on."

Very fun photo of Max and Polina. A promotional shot for their blades, I guess, but very fun.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New holding area (work in progress) for my suggestions re Max links for the OP:

Vintage footage of a very young Max performing -- with and without Scott Hamilton -- in a Stars On Ice show. Mini-Max was playing the role of Scott Hamilton as a boy.
The cute clips were included in a Road to Sochi piece. It also has a snippet of the youngest version of hockey Max that I can recall.

Temporarily saving this link here (not needed for the OP):
IN's video/commentary for Max's Gladiator FS at 2015 Nats (viewable without a paid IN subscription, as of Jul 1):
http://www.icenetwork.com/shared/vi...&height=540&property=icenetwork&autoplay=true (9:26)​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Дмитрий Красножон
‏@Krasnozhon
Смотрю как Макс Аарон ведет себя с поклонниками. Восхищаюсь.
Colorado Springs, CO
11:01 AM - 25 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/Krasnozhon/status/614572121268719616

I believe this tweet is a nice compliment for Max from Aleksei K's father, who attended the Broadmoor Open and Freezer.
Rough translation, if I am not mistaken: "I see how Max Aaron conducts himself with fans. I admire" (it and/or him).​

BTW, congratulations to Papa K :). Even before Aleksei performed so well in the Freezer, Papa had tweeted:

Дмитрий Красножон
‏@Krasnozhon
Tom Zakrajsek made the best show in figure skating in a last 10 years. Thank You!
4:13 PM - 26 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/Krasnozhon/status/614131251088359426

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Max's videos played nice on upload.

The muted audio is Taylor Swift's Bad Blood, on all three rounds (they maybe should have had the skaters pick sounds for each round).

Final round/first appearance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wupa--1Af2g

Champion/second round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMb22WByb8

Bonus/final round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1TFwGTRVkQ

The event was a bit confusing, but it is always worth seeing Max. You can see his underwear band in a few of the shots. He seemed to want to make sure his pants waistband was just below where his undies' elastic was to make sure it is viable. Not my favorite look, but there is a limit to how much i will complain about Max's underwear.

They did show replays on the jumbo-tron, to fill the in-between time, but still, they could have tried to tighten up the flow.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max's videos played nice on upload. ... .

Thank you, Stitch :bow:!

And thanks for all your posts re the Broadmoor Open.
Plus compliments on your original writing style. The thing about Jordan not partaking of skater nip made me smile :cool:.

Please thank your better half as well.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Thank you, Stitch :bow:!

And thanks for all your posts re the Broadmoor Open.
Plus compliments on your original writing style. The thing about Jordan not partaking of skater nip made me smile :cool:.

Please thank your better half as well.

Not a problem. I do still want to do a post on the jump event, when all the videos end up online. If nothing else it gives some idea of the pace of the event - which could be improved on for next year.

Ill pass the word to the better half. He did admit he had more fun than he expected to have so that is a good thing. I am going to turn him into a fan yet.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the videos, StitchMonkey!

A crazy thought just popped into my head. I wonder how it would go if Max could turn the 4S-1Lo-3S into a 4S-1Lo-4S?! I think he has enough height on the 3S to do it. It would be crazy, but it could be worth a lot of points.

Coincidentally, Max's combo was not the first time I have seen a video of a skater doing 4S-1Lo-3S; Brendan Kerry posted a video on instagram of him doing the same combo earlier this year. (He also had a video of 4S-1Lo-halftwistbackflipsplat.)