Maxim Kovtun | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Maxim Kovtun

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I think Plushy won't compete in 2018. He will be 35 he will lose from the younger guys. But that is funny the Russian guys fall because they afraid of Plushy's comeback. :drama:

I think Plushenko was kidding when he said he will go for 2018.

Feel back for Kovtun, it looks like his confidence is lacking.

paulusfr

On the Ice
really?? all Russia? LOL! I don't like when anybody lies on international forums or have no enoughe informations...

I take into account only the people which really love the figure skating and follow this.
In fact, okay, 60/40. 60% lovers - most often these is people who are not versed in figure skating, don't read the news and don't own the information. For them, Plushenko is a man who skate on the ice, and nothing more.
But if you just take any news of Plushenko's return and read the comments, you'll see that at least 80 percent of them are negative.
Mainly because Plushenko and his wife are people who don't care about anyone but themselves. These are people who attack anyone they don't like. A kind of mafia. It would be more precise to say that in the past Plushenko was a MAN. But then he got into the showbiz world. And away he goes...
Anyway, do you really think that I just hate such a great champion (of my country)? :) I think it's obvious that I have some reasons for it. But even taking into account all this, I respect him very much. I'm just not a Plushy'fan ;)

I think Plushy won't compete in 2018. He will be 35 he will lose from the younger guys. But that is funny the Russian guys fall because they afraid of Plushy's comeback. :drama:
Plushenko already talking about 2018 in the way that almost no one doubts that he will return. Because he made it clear that for him there are no problems. He is crazy! Just nobody wants in order to replace someone younger man. All knows he hasn't any chances for the podium or just good place. He wants to do it just for the sake of his glory, and he doesn't hide it.

And this is Kovtun's thread, let's discuss him ;)

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I take into account only the people which really love the figure skating and follow this.
In fact, okay, 60/40. 60% lovers - most often these is people who are not versed in figure skating, don't read the news and don't own the information. For them, Plushenko is a man who skate on the ice, and nothing more.
But if you just take any news of Plushenko's return and read the comments, you'll see that at least 80 percent of them are negative.
Mainly because Plushenko and his wife are people who don't care about anyone but themselves. These are people who attack anyone they don't like. A kind of mafia. It would be more precise to say that in the past Plushenko was a MAN. But then he got into the showbiz world. And away he goes...
Anyway, do you really think that I just hate such a great champion (of my country)? :) I think it's obvious that I have some reasons for it. But even taking into account all this, I respect him very much. I'm just not a Plushy'fan ;)

Plushenko already talking about 2018 in the way that almost no one doubts that he will return. Because he made it clear that for him there are no problems. He is crazy! Just nobody wants in order to replace someone younger man. All knows he hasn't any chances for the podium or just good place. He wants to do it just for the sake of his glory, and he doesn't hide it.

And this is Kovtun's thread, let's discuss him ;)

You mentioned Plushenko.Really sorry, this is Kovtun thread but I wanted to answer you. I don't know how can I do this if not here..

I'm a fan of Plushenko so I follow him every day. I recommend you follow him if you want to know the truth about him and his popularity. I'm sure I have more infromations than you have. I'm looking for each articles, Tv news of the Russian media about him. And I'm really curious who was attacked by them? You tell me please..

Maybe all Fs fans don't like him, but I read so many stupidities on Russian Fs forums:
- that he sold gold to japanese
- that he was scared to lose
- or that he just wanted to ruin Kovtuns chance for gold :rofl:
- he had no surgery
- he did the scar with a plastic surgeon on his back
- he isn't an athlete just a showman -OMG! It's good for Russia! A Russian showman can do quads, 3As, can win skating competiton even today.. And I really don't know what he is doing in show business. Is he singing, or what? He doesn't do anything in the show business just sometimes he accompanies Yana to the events, but Yana very often go alone. He chooses the golf training, airsoft games, fishing, ice training etc. ..

So I'm happy those stupid people aren't Plushy fans.

I dont know how they dont want to understand that he lost more than anyone else with withdraw.... Plus he had chance to win a bronze in individual competition if we see the marks.

And you don't forget Zhirinovsky attacked Plushenko. Zhirinovsky received money from Baturin for his political campaign..;)

Those posters on that forum thought Plushy's show will be unsuccesfull, well the shows had more than 120.000 viewers..

Sorry. I know those members. And some of them hate Plushenko? Of course, because he is celerity, rich, succesful, talented in everything what he does, he is everything he has everything.. And you know he remained a normal person, despite he received lots of adorations, celebrations in his life.
They hate Yana, because she isn't in the kitchen.. The Russians are so weird ,( the journalism isn't journalism they work with gossip) even Lipnitskaya has many haters, so I no wonder.. How many people are members of those forums wich you read? LOL! Plushenko has more than 505 000 followers on Twitter, 121.000 on Instagram etc... And you don't forget you said All Russians hate Plushenko. LOL! But that is different what you said in second post...I really believe if anybody is celebrity, if he is one of the most well-known Russian people, if he is mentioned in many figure skating articles, if he is in the Russian media every day, has haters. And if that is true what you said, the other Russian skaters why don't hate him ? Almost every skater like him, talking about him with deeply respect. They supported him after Sochi ( Trankovs, Elenas, Lipnitskaya) , if you remember if you know their comments.

I'm sure most of the people would be happy if they were such hated person like Plush. I think the famous people know they can't satisfy for everyone.
He is living with Yana in happyness, their family is wonderful, the older guys admire Plushy, Sasha is incredible smart, beautiful and cute boy. Who needs more?

early announcement for russian talk-show with @EvgeniPlushenko ) "@arman_dav: https://instagram.com/p/0nFWwPOUJ3/ "
And in your logic Lipni isn't popular in Russia.. she is a girl on ice...

And he won't be back in 2018. Calm down. I'm a fan of him, but I also don't want to see him in Korea. And because papa Mishin has a great star again he doesn't need Plushy.

Finally Plushy is a MAN! much more than ever.

Last edited:

kallirroe

On the Ice
I am a fan of plushenko but lately he has been behaving strangely , wants to show to us his power , money , his stubbornes to continue even though he has no chances for 2018 olympics. I think it was unfair for kovtun , he should have the chance

kallirroe

On the Ice
I think kovtun must relax and start working on his technic and him being concistent in his programm , especially in big events . I am waiting for tommorows programm. Wish him good luck. He is young and will have great chances in future if not this year as it seems

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You know, most of the other men were in Shanghai several days before he flew there, so maybe he didn't have enough time to acclimatize. I don't know if he can redeem himself in the FS, but he's done it before. I'd still really like to see Russia get those 3 spots back.

kallirroe

On the Ice
What a GREAT programm for Maxim !!!!!!!😀😀😀😀😍😍😍 can you believe that he will be in the first 8 top athletes after that short programm ?? He is a fighter , it was just a bad day for him. He could have been on podium. He is in front of sergei voronov 😮

kallirroe

On the Ice
Next year i hope he will go better. How many spots russsia has for next worlds championships ?? Pitkeev is coming to seniors too...

volk

Final Flight
Next year i hope he will go better. How many spots russsia has for next worlds championships ?? Pitkeev is coming to seniors too...

2 spots. Maxim needs to improve his second mark is he wants a chance at Worlds medal.

kallirroe

On the Ice
You mean presentation ?? I totally agree , he looks really stiff when he is skating. I understand it is because of nerves , but i feel like he doesnt feel it with his heart , he has no expressions. He will find his own style and path 👍👍 i just think that men in russia must improve , so that maxim has fierce competition and improve even more 😉😊

paulusfr

On the Ice
Russian commentators on TV surely noticed that Kovtun don't skate his programs - he fights againts them. This is especially true of his FS. They're tired of this. He is a talented skater, no doubt about that, but he needs in a lot of work.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think he hasn't found his style yet and he needs to get some music that he genuinely loves, not let his coaches pick things out for him like "Bolero." :disapp: He may never be "artistic," so they need to stop trying to push that on him and let him be more of an athlete/showman. Maybe something like Two Steps From Hell would be good powerful music for him (I guess LRK is influencing me :laugh:).

LRK

Record Breaker
I think he hasn't found his style yet and he needs to get some music that he genuinely loves, not let his coaches pick things out for him like "Bolero." :disapp: He may never be "artistic," so they need to stop trying to push that on him and let him be more of an athlete/showman. Maybe something like Two Steps From Hell would be good powerful music for him (I guess LRK is influencing me :laugh:).

:laugh: (evil laugh)

Hmmm.... What about

Rising Force
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVgRQ-D_sv0

Should pep him up a little. :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Though not a fan of Kovtun's style, I actually think he is moving in the right direction and is improving in his skating skills and his upper-body movement is not as wild as before. His quads during world championships (the ones he landed) were cleaner than at Euros.
He should hang in there because he is getting better.