Mirai Nagasu | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

b-man

Final Flight
What does the future hold for Mirai? She finally made it back to the world championships and finished a very respectable 10th place with two strong programs. Can she build on this and challenge the top women in the world?

A very very rare compliment, from the constant critic of Mirai who suggested a year ago Mirai should consider retiring.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mirai was amazing in Boston. I saw both the short and long in person. She looked really fit and confident with her jumps. She attacked them. Her spins are beautiful. I know people always say she is slow, but I honestly didn't notice it. I thought her speed was comparable to others in her group. She need better transitions next year. At times, especially in the long program, the chreography felt a bit empty. I hope she works with a new choreographer next year who can really work with every note of the music. I feel like she is on the right path. I would say that she is the clear number three in the us
Having seen both of Mirai's programs live in Boston, I completely agree that she was amazing there! Her performances are among my most precious memories of worlds, and I'm rooting for her to achieve all of her dreams.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

samson

Medalist
Exhibition Pieces (fan cam) from Boston's Ice Chips Show.

I Put A Spell on You: https://youtu.be/Mtlse1ZO7JM
On Golden Pond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avj6W57QhbA (Mesmerizing... :eek: )

thank you for sharing these!! wonderful to see.

apgold I agree her skating has matured so much. I wish there was an IJS friendly way to incorporate that first spin from On Golden Pond into a program it's just beautiful. I feel like she could easily take the style of either program and translate it into a great competition piece next season. Whatever she does I'll just be so happy to keep being able to cheer her on and support her skating!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Thanks for the pics! Ya know, for the height she gets it perplexes me that she's prone to URs. Not a bad midjump face though. Most times they are the stuff of horrors lol.

samson

Medalist
I was JUST about to post that! All I can say is wow!!! I keep watching it and I'm not sure if I have "fans goggles" on or what but that looked great! Loop combos are always hard to get ratified but she's getting stronger and stronger with her jumps so who knows what we might see next season.

:agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hey Mirai fans!

I started this thread a few years ago for you guys, but I am ready to hand it over to a fan who is willing to take good care of it. Doris has done a lot of work and will help you if need be.

As the owner of the thread, you'll be able to edit the original post to put in new videos, articles, etc.

Who would like to volunteer? :biggrin:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey Mirai fans!

I started this thread a few years ago for you guys, but I am ready to hand it over to a fan who is willing to take good care of it. Doris has done a lot of work and will help you if need be.

As the owner of the thread, you'll be able to edit the original post to put in new videos, articles, etc.

Who would like to volunteer? :biggrin:

I'll do it (raises hand)! I'd love to be the caretaker of Mirai's thread. PM me with the details :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai, age 14, in Yokohama 2007. Commentators include Shizuka and Junko Yaginuma. Mirai says she want to leave her mark on the ice (make history).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZIrPXNpaiw

She is so wonderful! There are several programs from Worlds that I just keep watching over and over again - one of them is her short program. Can't wait to see what the next season holds for her!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Mirai on her assignments to NHK and Skate Canada! I'm especially excited to see her skate in person again at SC :) Although she'll be up against Evgenia and Satoko (and a possibly reinvigorated Liza T), hoping for a top 5 finish for her.

dna5019

Final Flight
Mirai got two spots! :hap93: So happy for her! I hope she'll have a strong and solid season! :yay:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thanks for the link. I will add it to the OP and look out for part 2.

So we know her FS music is "The Winner Takes it All" and is choreographed by David Wilson - sounds like a winner to me!

Jeff Buttle is doing her short but we don't know what it will be. Happy she is working with David and Jeff, seems like almost all the top skaters are working with them. Toronto is the hotbed of figure skating choreo!