Missing The Veterans | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Missing The Veterans

francefox

Rinkside
This is how i found my love watching figure skating

Before, I never knew what figure skating is, but I know Yuna and Mao asada because they were rivals based on the news but i never knew their skills and talent, i just knew that they're famous.

And then I was bored watching my regular show and then turned the tv to winter olympics, It was already freeskate and skater no.14 was about to perform and I kinda thought this is kinda boring too lol same with skater no. 13

And then I saw Mao asada, and I was thinking Hmm i thought this girl is like the contender of yuna kim? wasn't top skaters supposed to skate at the last group but heck I don't know anything about figure skating, so I watched her

so as i was watching her, my feet started to feel cold and sweaty like I was part of the competition lol and at the end of her routine I was like wow, i never seen any performance like this and i'm not even a fan of figure skating but this girl mao
just caught my attention. And so I finished the remaining competitors and had the same reaction with Carolina Kostner and yuna kim too. And I was initiated lol...

Franklin99

Medalist
This is how i found my love watching figure skating

Before, I never knew what figure skating is, but I know Yuna and Mao asada because they were rivals based on the news but i never knew their skills and talent, i just knew that they're famous.

And then I was bored watching my regular show and then turned the tv to winter olympics, It was already freeskate and skater no.14 was about to perform and I kinda thought this is kinda boring too lol same with skater no. 13

And then I saw Mao asada, and I was thinking Hmm i thought this girl is like the contender of yuna kim? wasn't top skaters supposed to skate at the last group but heck I don't know anything about figure skating, so I watched her

so as i was watching her, my feet started to feel cold and sweaty like I was part of the competition lol and at the end of her routine I was like wow, i never seen any performance like this and i'm not even a fan of figure skating but this girl mao
just caught my attention. And so I finished the remaining competitors and had the same reaction with Carolina Kostner and yuna kim too. And I was initiated lol...

Congrats on being able to see these talented skaters live, especially Mao's record breaking superb LP program.

iceberg

On the Ice
I guess what's excellent and exceptional about the Mao-Yuna era is that they are almost equally on the same league but they are 2 very different skaters. In their prime both of them were considered as barometers by their fellow skaters and tbh i had never been so excited to see them in competition season after season alongside with the bests as well like Kostner, Akiko etc.

That's why this season I have so much excitement in the Machida-Hanyu rivalry because it almost reminds me of Yuna-Mao rivalry. But not so much excitement in the women's league.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Really missing Akiko - just rewatched a couple of her programs today. Seeing her live at DOI2013 is one of my favourite FS memories.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
After this year's GP events...I can say I'm not interested in ice dance at the moment. I can't stop comparing everyone with V/M and D/W. (this seasons's music from the SD reminds me of V/M's original dance from Vancouver...)

Petunia

Rinkside
Oh how I miss Zhen & Zhou (I'm sure I mangled the spelling. I've seen it so many different ways). I still get choked up when I see their Nessum Dorma program. Absolute brilliant perfection. Michelle of course. And Kurt Browning. His footwork and edges are unsurpassed.