Moscow Novice Championships - Qualification to Russian Novice Nationals (Jan 19-22) | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Moscow Novice Championships - Qualification to Russian Novice Nationals (Jan 19-22)

joeonice

Rinkside
There were girls from Khrustalnyi, but either from other teams or coached primarily by the coaches who train the younger skaters. I think Andreeva and Bazylyuk belong to this "wider" team Tutberidze. Both skated quite well, but Kostyleva was the best today. Of course at this age (mostly 9-10) you can rather assess the future potential of the particular skater than evaluate his/her current skate.

Though tomorrow there will be older age and we will see Lyubov Rubtsova (already doing 3A) and Dvoeglazova (4T). Also Plushenko's girl Titova is very strong competitor.
Thank you , yeah I was wondering who’s in place of rozanov, wow I’m blown away from these girls in the short I saw margarita and last two groups but (kostyleva was very good in the short here and well deserved) but being from USA (if ya seen USA nationals) these lil girls very good at the novice level, best of luck to rubstova, is Veronica an competing?

joeonice

Rinkside
Can someone break down the levels here in Russia ? Is by age? Or more so level passed? Are skaters here allowed to skate a level up like in the USA?

Novalis

Record Breaker
Can someone break down the levels here in Russia ? Is by age? Or more so level passed? Are skaters here allowed to skate a level up like in the USA?
Pretty much by age.

Everybody in the Elder Age Novice level in this competition is born either 2008 or 2009.

The Younger Age is mostly 2010 or 2011 with a couple of even younger and talented ones.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Thank you , yeah I was wondering who’s in place of rozanov, wow I’m blown away from these girls in the short I saw margarita and last two groups but (kostyleva was very good in the short here and well deserved) but being from USA (if ya seen USA nationals) these lil girls very good at the novice level, best of luck to rubstova, is Veronica an competing?
So far I've seen Veronika An only on one smaller competition, don't know much about her state.

NaVi

Medalist
Here's some links if you want to compare this season to previous: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/team-russia-promising-young-skaters.50080/post-2564444

I've been keeping track of jump difficulty of this event over time: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/team-russia-promising-young-skaters.50080/post-2698057

Number of either 3Lz or 3F in the top 10 of the SP for the younger group(about 10 years old) without major errors(I will count jumps with very slight negative GOE... )
* 2014: 1 from 1 skaters (Viktoria Vasilieva with a 3F)
* 2015: 1 from 1 skaters (Anna Shcherbakova with a 3F. A few more 3Lo jumps were being done)
* 2016: 0 from 0 skaters (top 2 did 3Lo)
* 2017: 3 from 3 skaters (but Valieva won the SP with a 3T and 3S. 2 of those either left the sport or moved to another country and the other is Akatieva)
* 2018: 3 from 3 skaters (but more were being attempted with bad GOE)
* 2019: 7 from 5 skaters (you start to see skaters doing both 3Lz and 3F)
* 2020: 9 from 7 skaters (the skater who came in 12th did both a 3Lz and 3F with about 0 GOE which would make it 11 from 8 skaters)
* 2021: 14 from 10 skaters (there were a couple more from skaters below the 10th rank)

And this is the first year where without a doubt everyone took up skating in light of Sochi.

Azikin

Medalist
I wish I had more time to watch, but this is a complete marathon... I will probably just watch the best groups' FS... though I did see Kostyleva... ;)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well I've just finished work - today is my late finishing day, but I should be home soon to join the viewing fun!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In other news I hear Sofia Sarnovskaya the Younger had a good skate and a costume with a bowtie!

My curious mind is also intrigued by the name Olympics Reserve School No 4. What happened to 1,2 and 3? :laugh: