Moscow Novice Championships - Qualification to Russian Novice Nationals (Jan 19-22) | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Moscow Novice Championships - Qualification to Russian Novice Nationals (Jan 19-22)

brakes

On the Ice
Rubtsova has good jumps, decent spins, good artistry, but she's nowhere near top skaters talent-wise.
For instance when you watch Kostyleva, you immediately know you're watching somebody special.

katymay

Medalist
Rubtsova has good jumps, decent spins, good artistry, but she's nowhere near top skaters talent-wise.
For instance when you watch Kostyleva, you immediately know you're watching somebody special.
Honestly, much can change. If you go back to the days when Anna, Sasha and Kostornaia were competing in Novice-there are names at the top that are no longer around, or have faded to mid level or even the bottom. So far in this competition, there was one girl who botched most of her jumps and all of her spins-but she had attack and energy, and i wouldn't be surprised to see her emerge in a few years.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It's still too soon to make conclusions. For instance when I see skates of Alina Zagitova at her age 12-13, I wouldn't guess she's the next olympic champion, others of her age looked much stronger. IMO the biggest development comes at 12-14 where you can see the true potential (and I admit that the army of 13 y.o. supergirls can shake the benchmarks :) ).

Last edited:

brakes

On the Ice
It's about movement, innate grace, spark, etc..
Zagitova could wipe the ice in Izhevsk all day long, but she already got "feeling of the pose" as Eteri said. She moved like a cat.
It's the speed, abandon, freedom and grace in performing that Rubtsova lacks imo. Good luck to her obviously, but yeah...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Music again?

Poor girls, they must be in a tension already and then some tyechnical problem occures and they have to get into the full concentration again.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
BTW Dvoeglazhova has shown nice performing skills IMO, unfortunately she missed the second jump in a combo.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sofia Shifrina, I remember her from the last year, she had the same costume.

Edit: She was very good.