NBC Live Stream & Videos | Golden Skate

NBC Live Stream & Videos

Sneaka

Rinkside
I am having a tough time navigating the NBC Olympics website. It said that the Men's Short was going to be available at 3pm east coast time, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, when I try to play an ice skating video something else comes up like hockey. Any one else having issues? Thank you all in advance.

Raatkirani

On the Ice
I am so glad you wrote this. I am having the same issue. Their website is so hard to navigate and completely illogical. I have full access and I watched the last half of the men's short program live earlier today and started to watch the replay. However when I came back to the website, the replay is nowhere to be found on the site unless I go back to my history. They keep touting that we can watch replays, but where are they?! Is it so hard to have a "REPLAYS" section under the sport heading or under the video heading? Even their digital show "Olympic Ice" is hidden beyond measure. Do we need their apps? What about if you are watching on a desktop computer?

If there is anyone out there that can tell us exactly where to find replays, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sneaka, here is the link for the men's short: http://stream.nbcolympics.com/figure-skating/winter/13987/

Sneaka

Rinkside
I am so frustrated by the inability to see live stream, play videos and play a section of a video again that it is ruining these games for me. I find the website incredibly difficult to navigate, too. I have the need for instant information.

Sneaka

Rinkside
So I just went back on NBC.com, clicked Watch Video, the Men's free came up. I clicked play and the video that loaded was the Canadian Hockey TeM takes down the USA. .????? That video wasn't even an option for me!!

Victura

On the Ice
I had similar problems, but seem to have found the replays categorized by the day of competition (rather than by sport, which would seem more logical IMO): http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympics-live-extra-schedule#Replays

The strange thing about the replays though is that for awhile after the live competition has aired, it's not available when it says it is, and then when it is available, it doesn't seem like one can fast forward or rewind, it just plays all the way through. Should you need to pause, you can't, and if you refresh the page, it starts all over again at the very beginning. Very impractical for a competition that is 4 hours long.

At some point you can actually skip to a specific spot, but that doesn't seem to happen until the next day or so.

Related question - does anyone know whether the gala next weekend will be streamed live as well?