New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Page 23 | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Vladimir's link is now in the index. Thanks for starting his thread.

And thank you for adding him to the index.

By the way, I thought I should update you all on the progress of updating the index post to include the new secure addresses.

I have posted what I have done so far in updating the links in the index post. I'm doing it alphabetically, as it is making it easier to keep track of who is done, and to find threads that were missing from the index (such as some of the very new ones, as well as Savchenko / Szolkowy).

I've got the letters A and B done. Two letters might not seem like a lot, but it's actually about a quarter of the way through, because there were an awful lot of A's!

As I go along, I have also been shortening the addresses in the links to remove the names and just leave the thread number. The reason I am doing this is because it is taking the updates a long time to get saved when the post is edited. So, hopefully having less to save will speed it up a bit.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have made one for Natalya Ogoreltseva!

Oh goody! Another skater from Udmurtia for me to cheer on! :cheer:

Ever since Liza Tuktamysheva stormed onto the scene, I have been keeping a keen eye on skaters from her part of the world.

Thank you for creating a thread for Natalya. I've added her to the index.

By the way, I have now reached Maria Sotskova in my updating of the index links. So, just over half-way.

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I also just made one for Hanna Harrell.
My family is expanding so rapidly!
I have Megumi/Devin, Eva, Natalya, and Hanna as my children already. :love:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nope. Hanna is mine! You stole my kid!

What??!! Again?!
*sighs* I spent SO LONG on that
ARgh.

:laugh:

May I just say that here at Golden Skate, we don't condone child abduction...

This is just so funny. It was funny the first time it happened, and it is even funnier now that it has happened again.

That said, I do feel guilty because I probably played a role the first time, because I hadn't the index up to date. But, it is now.

A tip. If you want to create a Fan Fest, the first port of call should be the index post. However, if you want to double check, it is possible to sort the threads themselves alphabetically.

The easiest way is to just click on the heading "Title" at the top of the page. This will display the threads in alphabetical order. (And if you click it again, it will display them in reverse alphabetical order).

But there is also a section at the bottom of the page, entitled "Thread Display Options", where you can order the threads by a whole pile of different ways.

I found sorting the threads alphabetically invaluable when updating the addresses in the index post last week. And sorting them by when they were started is the easiest way of checking for new threads to add to the index. (Speaking of which, I'll add your Russian Prospects thread to the index now, puremagic).

May I make another suggestion? You might find it useful to make out a "family tree" and post it in the index thread, to make it easier to find your children. For example, here is mine. And some other members have posted their family trees below it.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A lot of really good juniors have no fan fest, including some who qualified for or are alternates for, the JGPF:

Here are these worthy orphans:

MEN

Camden PULKINEN USA :cheer: now adopted

Mitsuki SUMOTO. JPN

Andrew TORGASHEV USA adopted by eligible Henry

Luc ECONOMIDES FRA adopted by Spirals for Miles

DANCE

Caroline GREEN / Gordon GREEN USA

PAIRS

Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV RUS

Yumeng GAO / Zhong XIE CHN adopted

Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD CAN

Laiken LOCKLEY / Keenan PROCHNOW USA

LADIES

Mako YAMASHITA JPN :cheer: now adopted

Last edited:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
4everchan will no longer be available to update Conrad Orzel's fan fest so if it is somehow possible I would like to continue updating it myself.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I am going to make one for Gao and Xie!
So now I'll have Megumi/Devin, Yumeng/Zhong, Nataliya, Eva, Camden, and Bradie :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
4everchan will no longer be available to update Conrad Orzel's fan fest so if it is somehow possible I would like to continue updating it myself.

I'm afraid that I do not have the editing powers to change the owner of a thread myself, so it would have to be one of the full Admins that does the change.

However, before that can happen, we would need 4everchan to explicitely state that this is what he wants.

I'm sure I speak for all the Admins in saying that we don't want to end up unwittingly aiding and abetting in child abductions. ;)

Given how involved you have been with Conrad's Fan Fest, I'm sure that is not what is happening here. But, there are some real chancers out there, so we have to do all the checks before we act. It would set a dangerous precident if we didn't.

CaroLiza_fan

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm afraid that I do not have the editing powers to change the owner of a thread myself, so it would have to be one of the full Admins that does the change.

However, before that can happen, we would need 4everchan to explicitely state that this is what he wants.

I'm sure I speak for all the Admins in saying that we don't want to end up unwittingly aiding and abetting in child abductions. ;)

Given how involved you have been with Conrad's Fan Fest, I'm sure that is not what is happening here. But, there are some real chancers out there, so we have to do all the checks before we act. It would set a dangerous precident if we didn't.

CaroLiza_fan

I've sent you a message with that info CaroLiza_fan.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I already commented in the men's fan fest sub-thread, but my "boy" Andrew Torgashev was never truly an orphan:biggrin:

But now he is officially adopted with a fan fest. :hap10:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Paula just started a number of threads for juniors who have done well on the JGP this season. The OPs of each of these threads is the very brief Wikipedia type at this time.

All of these kids need real OP adopters to update their OPs. If you are interested in any of them, please PM me and I will swap over the ownership of the OP to you.

The one requirement is that you do not edit the initial sentence Paula wrote, because that is what will show as a teaser in a Google search.

I hope a few of you will adopt some of these talented kids!

Argentina

Canada​

Czech Republic

Japan​

Latvia​

Russia​

Ukraine​

USA​

May I adopt Kaori? I noticed that she is still Paula's and if she'd like to keep her, that's fine, but if she's up for grabs, I'd love her :)