Next World Podium-Ladies | Golden Skate

Next World Podium-Ladies

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Where will Worlds be held 2012? And will anyone predict if the gold medalist is brand new first timer or a repeat? Will Eliza be old enough to go to Worlds. I believe she will be on that podium if she can compete agewise.

Gold? Based on past laurels and current skating, I see 4 ladies with ability to win or recapture gold, from Japan I assume Yuna won't be there.

This is only the beginning but I am sure these judges love this Russian ballerinas and Liza looks the best on tapes for me. I think she could win it all this year.

Thoughts?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Worlds 2012 will be held in Nice, France. Unfortunately neither Liza or Adelina are age eligible(Adelina missing it by one day!). It's early to predict the podium, but I believe that Alissa, Carolina, Akiko, Mao( I never count her out), Kanako and Mirai(she is able to medal if she can hold her act together) have the ability to medal in France

bekalc

Record Breaker
I actually for some reason think Kostner will win worlds this year if she does all she can, (and Mao isn't back to full strength).

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
These exact predictions will probably change as the season develops more, but I currently think Mao Asada will win. She had her big learning season and is ready to get back to the top. I'm pegging Carolina Kostner for the Silver and Akiko Suzuki for the Bronze. Alissa Czisny for 4th place and Kanako Murakami for 5th place. The remainder of the top 10 will be whichever other American girl makes it to Worlds, 3 Russian girls (although none of their 3 most talented - Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaya - will be among those since they are ineligible for Worlds because of their ages), and Kiira Korpi.

christinaskater

Medalist
I would love it if Akiko delivers the skate of her life in the Worlds. I admire her so much for her passion and love for the sport amid all the setbacks she has faced in! the past! She is ready!

periperi

On the Ice
It's too early to tell. I do personally wish that either Mao or Caro will win the gold and that Akiko can get herself on the podium.

If Mao's performances over the summer are any indication, I have a good feeling that we will be seeing a technically stronger skater out there this season.

Ando is not.

I'm predicting Tut, Kostner, and Asada, in some order. Would be happy if Mirai got in there instead of Tut or Carolina.

Oops! Forgot. OK then, Asada, Kostner and Nagasu although admittedly idea of Mirai medalling looks to be on the wishy side at the moment.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Likely
Carolina (3rd in 2011)
Alissa (5th in 2011)
Akiko (did not make WC, but looks poised to do well this year)
Mao (6th in 2011; I want an epic comeback!)

Dark Horses:
Kanako (7th last year. I am unsure of how she'll do, but she does have a 3F-3T planned)
Alena (she was 4th last year; but I absolutely hate her programs.)
Ashley (if she makes it to the team; think Mr. Nicks will help her get there)
Kiira (8th last year; she is a beautiful skater and is capable of good stuff.)

JDLutz

Rinkside
Kanako (7th last year. I am unsure of how she'll do, but she does have a 3F-3T planned)
Kiira (8th last year; she is a beautiful skater and is capable of good stuff.)

I believe Kanako placed 8th, and Kiira placed 9th and worlds last year.

volk

Final Flight
Last WC results

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2011/CAT005RS.HTM

This year is a big opportunity with such and open field. No Kim, Miki, and Tuk and Sot not eligible to compete. I think the results are likely to similar to last year's. Kanako will move up due to improved artistry and 3F/3T. She should at least place above Russian girls.

So

1 Czisny
2 Kosner
3 Asada
4 Murakami
5 Nagasu/Wagner (whoever makes the team)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sotnikova was 15 on July 1st, which technically makes her eligible to skate at Worlds.