Next World Podium-Ladies | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Next World Podium-Ladies

Wafflecakes

On the Ice
I am going out on a limb and say NONE of Koster, Czisny, or Moa will be on the podium this year. (though I think Kostner may snag a Bronze...maybe)

Just the way I am feeling it right now.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I have a feeling this might be Carolina's year to win a world title. I also have a feeling that Alissa Czisny will never manage to win a world title, although she may get on the podium. She just won't be able to put together TWO skates that are good enough, although she may lead one phase of the competition. I think Mirai could be on the podium if she skates like she did at the 2010 Olympics. Suzuki, Asada, Leonova and Murakami are also possible podium contenders in my mind. I think Makarova's not going to have a good season.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
How are we seeing the podium after CoC? Carolina is doing so well with her plan, "package" programs this season and the judges who like her, hold her up over the years want to see her in gold, at least silver. I only think Mao threatens her. Mao is such an amazing skater, it is hard to imagine good old Caro beating Mao, but ... I too never can truly believe Alissa will do what she's capable of. I think Carolina, Mao will skate for gold/silver and the judges will not ignore, cant ignore Tut for bronze. I still hope Ashley Wagner can land in top 6. CoC showed a better Mirai, but I don't like her programs this year. And she doesn't seem to either. I truly hate her exhibition skate for the second year in a row, too. I wish David Wilson would have done her programs of maybe David/Shae. She isn't smiling and I miss the magic...her programs are boring this year, sad to say. Mirai, tell us what's up?

The men are far more interesting this year...all of a sudden Jeremy is back...one never knows....heck, I think Michelle could come back half trained and land in the top 3. Caro is enchanting, but a WC with THAT level of tech difficulty? Meh. I so much miss Yuna, Miki, Mao, Joannie. Ah well. Olympia said Sasha should come back... I agree.

Last edited:

npavel

On the Ice
..... Caro is enchanting, but a WC with THAT level of tech difficulty? Meh. I so much miss Yuna, Miki, Mao, Joannie. Ah well. Olympia said Sasha should come back... I agree.
On witch planet are the 5 triples of Miki ore YuNa better than the 5 of Caro? Each one omitted one. And she said this is a work in progress. As her knee seems not to allow to much, she will add difficulty as the season progress. And her step sequence is above both, Mikis and YuNas. I'm tired with this discussion on tech content, it's indeed about the same

doubleflutz

On the Ice
On witch planet are the 5 triples of Miki ore YuNa better than the 5 of Caro?

The planet where Miki and Yuna's five-triple skates incorporate harder jumps than Carolina's, done in more difficult combinations, and done to a higher standard that deserves better Grades of Execution. Unless you're talking about their theoretical ability to do all five of the standard female triples in one program, in which case, when was the last time that actually happened for any of them?

I think Carolina, Mao will skate for gold/silver and the judges will not ignore, cant ignore Tut for bronze

1. Her name is Elizaveta. The diminutive is Liza.
2. She's not age-eligible for Senior Worlds this year.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quite fankly i'm glad Liza isn't eligible for Worlds. With the head cases that are the top Lady skaters right now like Mao, Kostner and Alissa a jumping bean like Liza might actually win. This would be even worse then when Tara won at Worlds in 1997. Do we really want another skater who has no maturity in her skating and who looks like she should be in Novice to win?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Quite fankly i'm glad Liza isn't eligible for Worlds. With the head cases that are the top Lady skaters right now like Mao, Kostner and Alissa a jumping bean like Liza might actually win. This would be even worse then when Tara won at Worlds in 1997. Do we really want another skater who has no maturity in her skating and who looks like she should be in Novice to win?

As long as she is clean and the others falter, yes. Ladies skating needs excitement and fresh faces when the old favorites don't perform. The total score is made of "technical score" and "program component score". She was scored exactly for what she did in Canada (64 on Tech and 53 on PCS, which is absolutely right). I would understand all the fuss about "she skates like a novice" is she would have outscored, let's say, Akiko. And she does not skate like a novice at all, just watch her SP

christinaskater

Medalist
I think the best programs so far belong to Akiko Suzuki and Carolina Kostner.

I love Akiko so much! She is the best performer in the sport and her charisma makes her a star. I hope she gets this opportunity to attain the success that she deserves for her infectious love for the sport. She is one of the rare talents like Michelle Kwan, Daisuke Takahashi etc who are sublime performers with incredible musical connection and the capacity to draws the audience to this incredible journey of emotions through the program.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Based on what I have seen so far this season my dream podium would be Caro, Alissa and Akiko in any order.

I will have wait to see how Mao is looking at NHK. If it is good, I will change my dream podium.

Danny852003

Spectator
Which Russian ladies besides Leonova and Makarova will be eligible for the senior worlds team this year? Biryukova? Shelepen? Anybody know who's vying for that third spot?

burntBREAD

Medalist
Which Russian ladies besides Leonova and Makarova will be eligible for the senior worlds team this year? Biryukova? Shelepen? Anybody know who's vying for that third spot?

AFAIK, yes, Biryukova and Shelepen as well as Korobeynikova - I think Sheveleva and Ovcharova also?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I am picking Kostner to win Worlds. She would have easily beaten Czisny at Skate America if the event were on neutral ground, and she easily won her 2nd event. She is looking good and will be the next one to capatilize on the uber weak post Vancouver ladies field with her 1st World title. Considering she has twice the talent of the mediocre Miki Andozzzz who by some miracle has 2 World titles, it will be long overdue for this talented skater if she pulls it off.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I dont think Mao and Akiko will both make the podium. The Japanese will politik hard for one to win, and the other will be sacrificed. Which one wont be determined until after Nationals and the GPF. I see a podium of a Japanese, Kostner, and Czisny, but not sure the order.

prettykeys

Medalist
While I'm hoping for Mao, Carolina, Akiko and Alissa to do their best at Worlds, in the hypothetical scenario where they all fall apart I'd rather see a younger skater win with a clean, energetic skate than watch headcases battling it out to see who manages to crawl onto the podium with the fewest/least severe mistakes.

I am picking Kostner to win Worlds. She would have easily beaten Czisny at Skate America if the event were on neutral ground, and she easily won her 2nd event. She is looking good and will be the next one to capatilize on the uber weak post Vancouver ladies field with her 1st World title. Considering she has twice the talent of the mediocre Miki Andozzzz who by some miracle has 2 World titles, it will be long overdue for this talented skater if she pulls it off.
I'm not a fan of Miki Ando's competitive skating either, but she definitely deserves credit for being a competent skater who usually lands her jumps when she is focused and well-prepared. It is disappointing (with lots of sympathy, of course) to watch someone of Carolina's calibre sabotage her own chances of winning with her own mistakes for so long. In that sense, I don't think Carolina automatically "deserves" it more than Miki Ando just because she inherently has better overall skating talents that she may or may not display at a competition. :p So...Caro, please bring it!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
The planet where Miki and Yuna's five-triple skates incorporate harder jumps than Carolina's, done in more difficult combinations, and done to a higher standard that deserves better Grades of Execution. Unless you're talking about their theoretical ability to do all five of the standard female triples in one program, in which case, when was the last time that actually happened for any of them?

1. Her name is Elizaveta. The diminutive is Liza. 2. She's not age-eligible for Senior Worlds this year.

You'd best get used it. Tut is a nickname, a play on Liza's surname. A lot of people are calling her that now for short-or Queen Tut. I believe I've even seen articles with reporters referring to her as Queen Tut.

seniorita

Record Breaker

Has Elisaveta killed your kitten? Otherwise, judging by your amount of posts about Liza, you are way too negatively obsessed with a 15 year old who just entered the scene.