Nobunari Oda | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Nobunari Oda

livetoskate

On the Ice
Nobu is one of the few who has kept up his jumping skills years after quitting competitive skating. I'm so impressed by him, and he seems really funny and friendly with all the skaterz. I think of his 3 axel (as well as Mura's) when I try to leap into pathetic axel attempts. :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've seen him do a 4T but don't recall him ever doing a 4Lz.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
I've seen him do a 4T but don't recall him ever doing a 4Lz.

He landed it after a show, so sadly there is no video of it. Multiple fans reported it (also landing a different quad - Salchow, IIRC?), but filming isn't allowed at the Japanese shows. I have a gif of him landing a 1/4 underrotated 4Lz shortly after turning senior, though: https://imgur.com/a/zW7nimo

It's a shame he never had any confidence in himself, his jumps were out of this world. He also got a Rippon Lutz and Loop (post-retirement) and includes them in his gala programs pretty often :)

deedee1

Record Breaker
A big earthquake hit Osaka area incl Takatsuki-city where Nobu's family currently lives this morning. :no: Nobu's left his message to fans in his Twitter account. Sorry in advance if already posted elsewhere.

朝のこの時間の高槻北部、ズドーンて大きな音がして数十秒揺れて、膝から崩れて立てなくなって、
1時間立ってもまだ足ガクガク心臓バクバク、家の中めちゃくちゃ、余震にビビりまくる。
でも今は少し落ち着いて、なんとかみんな無事です。ご心配おかけしました。

"This time of the day, early in the morning, in the northern part of Takatsuki, there was a big BANG we've heard, then the house started shaking for like ten, twenty seconds. I fell on the knees and just could not get up...
One hour since... but my legs, body still trembling, my heart still fluttering hard... Everything in the house fell over. Become very nervous everytime there's an aftershock...

However, we feel more self-possessed now. All of my family members are fine. I thank you all for worrying about me and my family."

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Thanks for the translation. When I heard about the earthquake on a webstream, I was hoping Nobu and his family were OK. I'm relieved nobody was hurt!

livetoskate

On the Ice
Haha, maybe he's testing the waters to become a martial arts movie star? He still looks like a teenager. Hard to believe he has 3 kids now!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Definitely :pray: come back Nobu! You still have mad skills.

And your kids will love to watch you compete!