NOR results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NOR results

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yu-Na Kim, Aki Sawada, Elene Gedevanishvili, Mai Asada, Katy Taylor, Christine Zukowski and Binshu Xu all moved up to the Senior GP. Veronika Kropotina sustained an injury after the JGP series last season and wasn't able to make the JGPF, and she hasn't competed anywhere since.

Sawada, Asada, Taylor and Xu had skated in the JGP for years and it was time to move up. This month, Sawada and Taylor celebrated their 18th and 17th birthdays, respectively, Xu is 17 and Mai Asada is 18.

Some of the Japanese ladies still in the JGP have been skating at this level for years, too. Akiko Kitamura was 18 this month, and Nana Takeda turns 18 in December. This year was the first time in four years that Kitamura didn't make the JGPF; she scored only 2 points in Norway and even if she gets a second event and wins gold, she's out of contention for the final.

Not such a good free skate for Uspensky. It looks like he had problems with his flip and with his Axel sequence.

Nice result for Oi.

I'm confused about Vladimir and Alexander Uspenski. I know one of them is highly tooted. Alexander will be in Srs for a one-time skate at CoC. Vladimir did quite well if he is the lesser of the two.

Oi pulled it off after a poor SP.

Guan looks as though he will be another top skater from China.

Austin K. looks like he'll be practicing hard for the Finals.

Joe

PS-I wish someone taking some movies of this for Youtube.

I think Vladimir (age 17) is Alexander's (19) brother. Alexander is also scheduled for NHK besides the Cup of China, so he should get a full shot in the senior GP.

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
I think Vladimir (age 17) is Alexander's (19) brother. Alexander is also scheduled for NHK besides the Cup of China, so he should get a full shot in the senior GP.

Yeah, they're brothers. I've seen vids of them from the 2014 show, and I think they're AWESOME! I tell ya, if they didn't have different color hair, I'd have a difficult time telling them apart. Go Uspenskis! :agree: :biggrin:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I gotta say -- fan of strange offbeat obscure results that I am :biggrin: -- I am QUITE impressed by the showing of India's Ami Parekh. The last time India sent a young lady to a JGP event (sometime last year), she didn't even crack 30 points overall; given that, 91.07 is pretty impressive. Not bad for a country you wouldn't even expect to have an ice rink.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Ami Parekh trains in the U.S. (she won back-to-back Regional titles at the Juvenile and Intermediate levels several years ago), and this was her international debut for India. The last time I saw Ami compete was in a U.S. club competition in April 2005 -- she has very good basic skating skills and flow over the ice, beautiful spins, and I know she has been working hard to improve her double axel and triples. I was pleased to see that her double axel was credited by the technical panel in Oslo in both the short and long programs.