Patrick Chan | Page 222 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Good luck to Patrick at 4CC in Taipei! :cheer::cheer:

Yes, yes. Let's make some luck.

With our positive support, Patrick won his 8th Canadian Championships with both programs beautifully performed and executed first time since his comeback. 10 days since the global synchronized meditation for Syria, peace agreement for Syria was signed. Coincidences? Good. Let's keep the wonderful coincidences going.

Time to keep love, positive thoughts, and white light flowing to Patrick.

May Patrick receive lots of love and support at Taipei.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Patrick at 4CC in Taipei! :cheer::cheer:

I've just opened my account to find out I got 7, I repeat, SEVEN! 'thumbs-up's for the above simple post. :hap57::hap57:

Like Patrick's buttaaaah-like skating, the love and support of his fans is amaging. That's why Fan Fest threads are my favorite place to visit, esp. in the need of uplifting my spirits. Reading posts by its devoted fans of all skaters here always light up my heart with smiles. :thank:

ETA no need to click thumb-up button this time, you guys! ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I've just opened my account to find out I got 7, I repeat, SEVEN! 'thumbs-up's for the above simple post. :hap57::hap57:

Like Patrick's buttaaaah-like skating, the love and support of his fans is amaging. That's why Fan Fest threads are my favorite place to visit, esp. in the need of uplifting my spirits. Reading posts by its devoted fans of all skaters here always light up my heart with smiles. :thank:

Let me decode the 7 thumbsup for you. Each :agree: means

1. I love deedee1.

2. Yes, good luck to Patrick at 4CC in Taipei. :cheer: :cheer:

Those who agree may click thumbsup for this post. ;)

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Lol, now I'm reminded of that kid's song about monkeys jumping on a bed. But when converted to a skating song, it's a bit darker:

"Five little monkeys jumping on the ice,
One fell down and bumped his head,
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
"No more monkeys jumping on the ice!"

And here's the obligatory video of monkeys skating on ice. Look at those back flips! Monkeys can ice dance, too!
Thanks for this "monkey" post. Is that video real or is it digital magic? Either way it's very cute. And yes, the poem is more grim when you put the monkeys on ice. Heads and ice DO NOT go together. :no:

Yes, yes. Let's make some luck.

With our positive support, Patrick won his 8th Canadian Championships with both programs beautifully performed and executed first time since his comeback. 10 days since the global synchronized meditation for Syria, peace agreement for Syria was signed. Coincidences? Good. Let's keep the wonderful coincidences going.

Time to keep love, positive thoughts, and white light flowing to Patrick.

May Patrick receive lots of love and support at Taipei.
:agree::yes:

I know, I know, I just couldn't help myself. :laugh::)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Let me decode the 7 thumbsup for you. Each :agree: means

1. I love deedee1.

2. Yes, good luck to Patrick at 4CC in Taipei. :cheer: :cheer:

Those who agree may click thumbsup for this post. ;)

:shocked::palmf::hslap: OMG! @_@@_@@_@ Now I know!
Normally I don't pay much attention to member's profile under the name tbh, but with no particular reason I did today. I have been wondering for a quite some time whether to ask someone in this thread how SkateFiguring is doing because I don't see her/his posts here lately... :eek::

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:shocked::palmf::hslap: OMG! @_@@_@@_@ Now I know!
Normally I don't pay much attention to member's profile under the name tbh, but with no particular reason I did today. I have been wondering for a quite some time whether to ask someone in this thread how SkateFiguring is doing because I don't see her/his posts here lately... :eek::

All is hiding in plain sight. As you seek, open your eyes and you shall see. ;)

now i know whose job i need to steal :)

You don't need to steal it. Follow your heart's desire and go for it. You've had it in your heart for a while now, haven't you? Design your bliss.

Calica : you rock the twitter world!!!!!!

:agree:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Absolute Skating always does great interviews. I appreciate particularly that they are in depth and that the questions are always shown as well. In Javi's latest with them, after winning the Euros, there are a couple of mentions of Patrick:

Do you think you are capable of performing a program that gets scores such as Yuzuru’s? Not just 200 in the free, but even 220?

I don’t know. My programs here in Bratislava were good, but not perfect. I had good levels of spins and steps, but still some of the elements were not perfect. We are such different skaters, our technique, our skating is just completely opposite. Some judges may have a preference; some may like one more than the other. It’s hard to play with that sometimes. He is a great skater, he skates amazing. When he skates a good program, he is really hard to beat. For me, for Patrick Chan, for everybody. I can just hope I can defend my title doing a great program. We will see. You never know, we are human beings. You just can wake up to a horrible day on a competition day. I’m going to try to defend my title, but I can never know what will happen.

You said after the free program that skating might go in two directions: we might forget the triples because they disappear completely, or the ISU might bring a new rule that would maximize the number of quads in the free program. What would you prefer personally?

Even if I’m a good jumper, I would prefer if the ISU said at some point that there has to be a limit. Just because I think it is good for the skating. It can’t be just jumping. It is true what Patrick Chan said a couple of times: skating is important! We can’t forget about skating. It’s good to do quads, but it’s really important to skate well.

Last edited: